World Cup Travel - Brasilia D.F.

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Tio Nicci, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Lets get this thread started

2. phillyfanslc

phillyfanslc Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Ill be there for Ecuador - Switzerland. Seems like the airport and the stadium are really close. Anyone doing any sight seeing etc?

3. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I had the same idea to start a thread for Brasilia. Good idea! I will be there for three games, Ecuador-Switzerland, Colombia - Ivory Coast, and Brazil vs Cameroon

4. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'll be at the Switzerland and Ecuador game. I'm having trouble finding a decent room for a good price. It seems all the vendors are over pricing rooms conspired to other cities. Any recommendations on websites?

5. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I find Brasilia has higher prices and lower choices than most other cities. I will be staying in a hostel in brasilia, as opposed to a hotel in all the other cities. I guess its a more expensive city that normally mainly tends to the government-related clientelle, hence a lack of affordable mid-quality hotels.

6. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really try to avoid hostels as I had few bad experiences. Although I'm not picky when it comes to private rooms even at poor conditions. All I require is a blanket and pillow with a mattress really haha

Found a room where it was entire apartment available but it was completely empty for around 120$ a night!!!

7. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I booked at Nobile Plaza Hotel months in advanced. Just going for 2 days and catching the Ecuador vs Switzerland game. Where's the pre game party at for the ñaños ??

8. kizonzo

kizonzo Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I booked the same hotel in early December. However, i cancelled in Feb because when i called the hotel several times(>12), nobody spoke English and they would just hang up on me after a while. This was after i had paid the hotel in full for the amount of time i would be spending there which was a lot of money, over $1000. Another thing which made me cancel after i did my research was that this hotel was really not in Brasilia as it was in Taguatinga, which is a satellite town of Brasilia.

All the feedback i got was that it was not close to where tourists want to be and that it was not that safe especially at night time. Coupled with a co-worker in Brazil telling me that i would spend too much money on transport/cabs to get to Brasilia and would end up not saving VS if i had stayed in Brasilia. Finally, i ended up booking at the Manhattan Plaza in Brasilia much closer to the stadium and city center.

9. kizonzo

kizonzo Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am attending the following games in Brasilia
    Colombia V Ivory Coast
    Cameroon V Brazil
    Portugal V Ghana
    Round 16 game in Brasilia.

Holla @ me if you are in the city for some of these games.

10. kizonzo

kizonzo Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am attending 2 of the games you listed. The Brazil V Cameroon game should be wild since it is the only time Brazil will play in the capital. Hotel for this game was easily the most expensive. Drinks should flow freely for this game!

11. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I know the distance is not ideal but I booked for 1 night only it came out to be around just over $200 but seeing how difficult was to find other hotels in Brasilia I ended up booking there. I've noticed that the customer service in Brazil is nothing at all compared to the one in other countries. They seem rude and not always on the customer side. Fortunately for me I was able to communicate through them with my Spanish and broken down Portuguese. Also emailed them frequently to make sure everything was booked accordingly. I just hope I don't have to spend so much in taxis and transport like you say.

12. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What is there to do in Brasilia?

13. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Brasilia hotel prices are OUTRAGEOUS!! I'll be there for QF, and you can't touch anything decent under $400/night. I tried dates outside world cup and these hotels go for $60/night. WHAT A RIPOFF!

Tio Nicci repped this.
  14. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seems to me Brasilia are desperate to take our money.

15. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hey,

Let's be in touch, I will be at two of the games you mention. Colombia vs Cote d'Ivioire, and also Brazil vs Cameroon. I am flying in from Toronto.

16. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sorry scratch my last post - I have only just seen this now. Okay lets try and meet up, catch a few beers, and lament over Fernando Torres poor form (Chelsea is my EPL team, wink). are you aksi seeing games in other cities?

17. kizonzo

kizonzo Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hahaha. I am also a Chelsea fan and will be flying in from Iowa. Yes, i will be in other cities as well, Porto Alegre and Cuiaba. I will update my signature to show what games i am attending kind of like yours.

18. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone wants to meet? I will be in Brasilia for the QF (most likely and hopefully Argentina - Portugal).

19. tabar

tabar Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Hi there! We'll be there for Brazil v Cameroon game as well. We'll just be there night before game and not of....so probably won't get much site seeing in. We'll just be partying with others for the game hopefully! :)

20. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to be in Brasilia for a long layover on the way to Manaus the day before the USA vs Portugal game. Any suggestions re: a place near the airport to get a beer & watch the games with luggage in tow?

21. Australiain

Australiain New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Just looked into Brasilis for the first time today, jesus... Expensive and not much there! I'll be there for Colombia v Ivory Coast and potentially the Quarter Final (TST ticket), looking just as expensive as Rio for the final...

Anyone know any good sites for hotels? Check hostelworld (nothing) and www.booking.com (not much).

22. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We are all pretty much in the same boat, Brasilia seems to be rather dull after all these comments and blogs I've been reading. Shucks I'll still make the best of it before I leave to belo Horizonte

23. Australiain

Australiain New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, it seems as if there are more interesting places to be. We're arriving from BH and leaving for Rio the first time we are there, then leaving from Salvador (where I'm hoping to spend a week) and leaving for Sao Paulo the second time (if we're there a 2nd time). Think we'll keep Brasilia time short and extend stays in the other places.

24. tabar

tabar Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Yeah, doesn't seem to be a lot happening there. It is the only place I'll likely watch Brazil play so I'm sure there will still be a great party. We booked what appears to be a medicore at best place on booking.com. It's called Hotel Casablanca and was $250 USD a night. Ouch! There's free cancellation until May 22 so we'll keep checking to see if something better/cheaper pops up. But wanted to have something secured just in case.

25. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The only $250/night room in the world to feature this gem:

Attached Files: