World Cup Ticketing Part VII

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by kayoss, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC
    Sorry, i'm posting this again because i can't stop thinking about it. I'm ok with what happened but i just can't find a reason as to how it happened..

Annoying me
    Thanks

2. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: World Cup Ticketing Part VI

You see your purchased tickets in your own online account and his tickets in his account? Did you buy those tickets using the scanner? I have noticed this issue for some tickets I bought using the scanner. Although I was using different accounts on different scanners, the tickets went to the same account. All were purchased using the same credit card though.

3. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC

Ye i used the scanner but i used different credit cards and different accounts..
    The thing is it charged my credit card not his. When you pick up the tickets, they just insert the credit card and the tickets reflect..

As for seeing the tickets online, once you pick up your tickets it removes them from the system. Tickets showed before i picked them up but now it shows 'no tickets purchased'

4. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

That's a bit disturbing! I have a feeling that all the tickets went to the same account. However the fact that different credit cards were charged but all the tickets got printed using one of those cards is totally weird. Maybe the info about cc and accounts is combined when tickets are printed.

5. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC

It confuses me because i got the email confirmation in my name.. and his email confirmation was in his name.. You'd assume that the name you purchased them in (and recieved the confirmation email in) would be the name showing on the tickets. Bear in mind we bought tickets for different games.

6. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

See, the ticketing site has two distinct areas. One which you see after you login and where you could see your tickets purchased in earlier phases, and the other were you see available tickets. This is also obvious from the URL you see in the address bar. Infact, there is a third area as well where you see your resale summary. Each area uses a different set of cookies to identify the logged-in user. In some cases when you are using multiple accounts, the cookies may not get refreshed and so the session gets all mixed up. Maybe the confirmation email service determines the destination email info from one part of the site and the account where tickets go is determined from a different set of cookies. I couldnt figure this out as well when all my tickets went to one account using the scanner.

To summarize, the ticketing site has quite a few loopholes and I think a lot of these issues will/should be addressed for Brazil 2014. 'HTML trick' being one of them.

7. VICM

VICM New Member

Jun 1, 2006

Scorpyn
    I have a related query. I have tickets to 3 matches that I bought before Friday that I can see on the resales page. On another the Ticket Area (under Buy Tickets, and can see 1 of the 3, plus the tickets I bought on Friday.

Why would the tickets that I bought on Friday not be on the resales page ?

Because of this I am concerned that the Tickets I bought on Friday didn't go through (eventhough I got the email, and my credit card has been debited).

[I want to be sure so my Brother can then resale the TSTs he had for us.]

8. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

Scan Buddy:

Looking for a scan buddy in a different time zone - can only scan from work during 08h30 and 17h00 CAT so would like someone else to scan the other times while I scan for them during work times (well you know what I mean)- I see ALL the red dots have disappeared so there is some action on the ticketing website again...

9. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Strange - I'm also dont see the Friday tickets on the resale page.... but in the tickets area I see the tickets.
    What does it mean?!

10. hodisgod

hodisgod New Member

Apr 12, 2006

Confused by this too.
    Can i ask how i access the tickets area (where you can see the tickets)???

11. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Go to buy tickets screen.
    press on more -> tickets area.

12. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In the Ticket Requested Summar page, I only see tickets purchased in the last minute phase but not any that I purchased from phases 2 and 3. I hope thats the case with everyone too ?

13. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
  14. bahtadd

bahtadd Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm sure this may be covered in another thread, and I really did try with some real diligence to find the answer to this question but to no avail. On Fifa's ticketing site, Red blocks indicate sold out matches. But the Orange boxes that indicate "currently not available" -- Will those tickets be available at some point? thanks in advance

15. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the order for ticket sales in green>yellow>red>orange.

In theory, any game can go from orange>yellow/green but at this stage it will become less and less likely to happen. Looking for a Cat 1 to a a game in Pretoria or Durban? you might get lucky. Looking for a Finals ticket, very unlikely to happen.

16. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    So they have fixed the site - there is a button saying "ticket history, transfer, resale'

however, when you go onto the resale site, the tickets bought last friday are still not there!

17. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yellows popping up!

Mostly Cat 1's!

18. bahtadd

bahtadd Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    well i've tried relentlessly as some of the games I was seeking have yellow and each try, at the final step after submitting payment info i keep getting the same message : "you have exceeded the number of attempts". what this means I have no idea. Very first try, i got that message, and every try since. But i see blocks keep getting removed, so it's really working for others out there? sigh

19. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    excellent!!! just got sec 201 for match 50. time to sell the other pair.

20. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you buy the previous ticket for game 50 at the last phase? As I wanted to do the same but in Ticket Resale page I don't see the tickets I bought in the last phase!

21. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got them back in the lottery days. i imagine cat 1 seats now are probably better than cat 1 seats that were allocated to the lottery.

i bought den - cam tickets last friday, and I dont see them in my tickets. i do have the email from fifa though.

22. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    wtf? they are selling CAT2 seats for CAT1 prices for some of the matches :mad:

23. bahtadd

bahtadd Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    did no one have my problem?? I see others were able to get tickets with ease, both my buddy whose coming with me and I tried several times, and at the very last step being told "error too many attempts" (which still doesn't make sense to us)

Very frustrating to say the least...congrats to those who were able to score themselves tix

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another mountain of yellows inc. 4 cats. of France v SA. Almost sold out! Yeah right.

25. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But no SF / Final :(