World Cup Ticketing Part VI

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Caesar, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happythegooner

Jun 6, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On Sky Sports News they said its all crashed, including ticketing centres.

2. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Ye, pretty sure NOONE including SA residents are buying tickets!

Which means when it comes back up, there will be a shed load of tickets left

3. happythegooner

Jun 6, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And they said the public were getting angry again, some people having queued for 2 days!

4. NabaDwA

NabaDwA New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah no1 can get through right now. The thousands at the ticketing centres are busy debating wether they should leave or wait for the system to come back up again.
    One thing for certain, that nobody is buying tickets at this moment in time.

5. NabaDwA

NabaDwA New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah they even brought the police in to calm rowdy fans. These fans may well be some of the same ones who were turned away on april 15th for the same reasons.

6. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    I can scan for you but it's not working at the moment.. :/

7. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Sorry Gronum, think we misunderstood each other then. Thought I was supposed to wake you up with an sms if tickets went up before 9? I was monitoring it all through the night.. Did you want me to actually buy the tíckets? Not getting it..

I can def help you, will send you an sms too, let me know

8. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    ---
    Technical problems experienced in ticket sales
    (FIFA.com) Friday 28 May 2010
    AFP

Today 28 May, an additional 90,000 tickets for all 64 matches of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ became available through all sales channels, with a huge demand from fans in South Africa.

Regrettably, FIFA’s official service provider MATCH AG confirmed that significant delays were experienced in the sales process due to technical problems which affected all sales channels, including ticketing centres and FNB branches.

“Last night I visited together with OC CEO Danny Jordaan one of the ticketing centres located in Sandton, Johannesburg, and I was deeply moved by the dozens of fans who were already queuing in the hope of getting a World Cup ticket," said FIFA Secretary General Jérôme Valcke.

"Today I would like to sincerely apologise to all the fans that have been affected by the problems in the ticketing sales system. We have already demanded a detailed report from our service provider Match AG on the causes of these problems and are expecting that they solve the situation very soon."
    ---

9. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Scorpyn THE LEGEND :)

Hi guys! Reading today's BS quotes, and we can say that Scorpyn it's now officially a LEGEND :)

Huge pleasure to have participated on the testing phase (not with my enormous IT knowledge, though :)

I feel really happy when I see real fans getting the tix they want, and not being "sucked" by touts!

Having said this, the requested line (at least from the privileged scanner testers): Scorpyn Rocks! :)

10. hodisgod

hodisgod New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Re: Scorpyn THE LEGEND :)

Hello everyone, more scanner probs, sorry. i have unzipped the scanner, and when i click on it, it says
    Unable to locate DLL
    the dynamic link library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path.
    C:\;,;C:\WINNTsystem;C:\WINNT\system....................................

Any ideas how i can solve this problem.

11. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    My bad. But FIFA are still the touts.
    The last match I watched in England since the 1980's was AFC Wimbledon at home to Chelmsford City ... running out 5-0 winners in a cup tie. Sat in the Director's Box (!). Very impressed with the standard of football that day ... I'd love to do that every week.

12. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You were only supposed to wake me up that's right. I joked about you sleeping coz I did not see any posts from you on the site while everyone was buying their tickets.

Thanks for all your trouble - if the systems are not up by 16h00 CAT will you still continue scanning? If not please let me know - thanks once again.

13. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Check again, Scorpyn and I were the first ones to get bells at 08:51 :)

14. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good one to pick. Though we are not always that good!

15. djurgarden 1891

djurgarden 1891 New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    can someone send me the scanner or whatever? i have to go to school, and it sounds like the program provided by scorpyn can buy you tickets when they become available without me.

sorry if i am wrong. but if so please send it to me, soccafoo7@aol.com

16. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually the scanner will just reserve those tickets for you for 10 minutes. Rest of the process has to be completed manually. PMing you the link to download the scanner.

17. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Before the system was crashed -
    Did you see if there are available tickets for the final / SF / QF / R16?

Thanks.

18. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, they were there .;)

19. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I've said it earlier...I was in 5 minutes before the big crash and there was plenty of availability for what is probably the 3rd most popular game after 1 and 64, the CPT semi.
    the final tickets had all gone though - there was yellow for Cat 3 only but no seats for selection on the next page.

As no-one is buying tickets now I would assume that tickets for all games except 64 will be there when it re-opens.

20. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I've been trying to log into the system for the last 4 hours. When did it all go belly up?

21. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A lot of tickets for 64 may have timed-out before people could buy them. I think some tickets will still be available if OTC sales have stopped as well.

22. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC
    Scorpyn, any chance that the constant refreshing of hundreds(?) of scanners has caused the ticketing system to crash, leaving thousands of south africans out in the cold, getting sick, losing jobs and resorting to drugs..?

23. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC
    Yes, OTC tickets have stopped.. was watching on tv. Some didn't even open as their systems went down before 9.. LOTS of very very angry south africans..

24. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    Anyone see tickets to te ellis park qf available? Scanner didn't pick up cat3!!!