World Cup Ticketing Part V

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by cutout, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anyone noticed that the website has changed and foreigners can't buy Cat 4 tickets anymore?! ;)[/QUOTE]

Its disappeared for me as well :( And i have a South African address from which i already have bought and collected 4 tickets :( Kayoss, Gronum can you guys access the Cat 4 tickets online to buy? The page shows the Cat 4 tickets when you click on Check Availability but when you go to the Buy Tickets page, the Cat 4 mysteriously disappears even when the account has a local SA address.

2. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NOOooooooooo
    LOL
    I am doing them a favor. I bought CAT4 tickets in the stadiums that are not selling well - Polokwane and Nelspruit! heck, they should be happy that I contributed to ticket sales in those stadiums! Mugs.

3. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    now thats crazy.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Holy cow. England v Slovenia tickets in all categories. The cateogry 1 tickets include every category 1 section in the lower bowl in the red zone. There must be a boat load of tickets for that game.

5. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Freaking boggles the mind. Well done FIFA, well done.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Could get 10 tickets in row 10 of section 216 right in the middle of the park.

7. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    People are not able to afford tickets there according to reports. Eastern cape/PE is one of the poorest regions in SA..

8. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    It took FIFA until 40 days prior to the opening match to realize this?

9. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FIFA were short sighted, no question. I dont think they should have had many venues for this world cup but who am I to judge. Port Elizabeth or Eastern Cape ?? is the home town of Danni Jordan, the CEO of the organizing committee.
    Lets hope the locals buy them soon because we know that in SA, people are not used to buying match tickets months in advance. Even though its the world cup and they dont care as much yet ?..... :confused:

I was reading earlier today.. FIFA are considering opening ticketing centres for 2014 WC in Brazil and other participating countries.. big "IF"
    Lets hope they do it right in 2014 - Viva essa Paixão

10. kayoss

kayoss Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv FC

Its disappeared for me as well And i have a South African address from which i already have bought and collected 4 tickets Kayoss, Gronum can you guys access the Cat 4 tickets online to buy? The page shows the Cat 4 tickets when you click on Check Availability but when you go to the Buy Tickets page, the Cat 4 mysteriously disappears even when the account has a local SA address.[/QUOTE]

Yep, i can access cat 4 tickets just fine..
    maybe it's blocking people from their ip addresses?

11. shares

shares New Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Sydney
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The FIFA rules state there must be a certain number of venues, presumably to allow for pitches to recover between matches .. and organisers not to get too overrun !

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and still it took three applications before I could get tickets for PE 2nd Round (any cat.) and now they can't give them away!!!

13. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    All the really good cat 1 that have been put on sale are most likely those that were reserved for corporate hospitality. MATCH has seen way too large. Why did they took so long to realize they weren't manage to rob, er, sell their packages? It took me a lot of time to decide to go to SA and I've finalized my arrangements only 3 weeks ago but it's too late. Well done! It's so frustrating.

14. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem is that they budget the amount of gate money they need from the world cup some time ago and so were desperate to give hospitality companies as much time as possible. Obviously the recession has hit but why sponsiors etc. get 900,000 tickets when people can hardly pop over for a few days and see a game unlike Germany where it happened all the time. Any hospitality trip to SA will cost the earth.
    Still they know best. Personally their blocking off all hotels for me was their biggest crime, whilst list all teh hotels and their amenities of teh FIFA website and stating you can't have any of these.

15. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    agreed, and it's comical that England fans could not buy any of these tickets until a few weeks before the tournament kicks off! :D What a joke?@!

Had england fans been able to buy england tickets, many might have decided to make the trip. I have tickets for the game through a friend in SA, not because I was able to buy them from FIFA!

Here's a crazy thought....why not let fans buy tickets for their nation from the beginning in any order they like!?!

16. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One aspect is that PE still has stacks of tickets for one of the smaller stadiums for all games and yet all their hotels and most local guest houses are all full so how far would fans be expected to stay out of town had all the games been sold?

17. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Fifa/SA announced that you can buy tickets at "easypay" outlets which are available at stores like Checkers, Pick 'n Pay etc....

yesterday, i wanted to buy/enquire tickets at my local store...they ended up saying that they don't do it but others stores do...I basically stripped myself and didn't bother to find out where to buy elsewhere...

I think there is a 90% chance now that I won't buy tickets at all for these reasons
    (in particular order):

1) The ticketing system, proof of residence and ID requirements ticks me off
    2) Matches for Pretoria are becoming scarcer, especially on days I don't work
    3) I don't like live stadium matches anyways

The only reasons I would want to attend:
    1) Want to hand out something
    2) Once in a lifetime experience
    3) Loftus will be rather convenient since I have attended matches there in the past

go figure...

18. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I would have thought that reason to attend 2) would override all the others?
    Pick a good match (i.e. good teams) and you wont regret it. I've never heard anyone regret going to a tournament. Everyone moans about the prices for the watered down beer and official merchandise...but not the games!

19. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Eng V USA Available Cat 1 and 2 (sorry if already posted)

20. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now showing sold out (Red)

21. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

Apr 16, 2010
    It popped back up, I just got 2 Cat 2's. Row A of block 206. Shame about the stupid running track, but still good seats. Now going to all England's group games!

22. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well done Hingus

I still got no Eng v Algeria tickets tho :(

Not been on sale once ! :mad:

23. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I must have missed the fine print - how come my TST3 Cat 4 tickets cost more than 12 X indiv cat 4 tickets? ANd how come the earlier you buy the crappier the seats? I see you can now determine where you want to sit (if available) when you buy tickets - that was not the case with the TST's. Surely you should benefit if you buy early/a whole group of tickets?

24. Cool Arrow

Cool Arrow New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    There's a 10% "administrative fee" on TSTs. And, yes, the early bird definitely got screwed here. I don't understand why FIFA can't be more transparent and assign seats for TSTs from the get-go.

25. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They probably didnt install the seats yet in more than half of the stadiums back then ;)

Seat assignments will always be tricky, one will get the first row and one will get the last, all for the same price, just luck of the draw I guess?