World Cup Ticketing Part III

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by silicus, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psamayoa

psamayoa New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Unbelievable. FIFA ticketing is horrendous. They tried to charge me twice repeatedly on the same day for all my tickets. My credit card flagged it, contacted me, I let it through, but FIFA had to try again. I called FIFA and they said that they wouldn't and instead my application was unsuccessful. Great way to get all their unsold tickets through. Idiots.

2. ikesoccer

ikesoccer New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    Gurnee, Illinois
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after waiting all week to see how my "pending" application status would turn out.... waking up to seeing 7 BIG RED X's is not a good way to start the week, especially when I did not request any tickets to matches that are "officially" sold out..... now I have to be awake by 5:00am Chicago time, to reapply again.
    Grrrrr....

3. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If you were unsuccessful it might be because your credit card company blocked FIFA's attempt to charge you, so since you didn't pay FIFA took the tickets back and marked you as unsuccessful. Did you try to get ahold of your credit card earlier in the week to find out if there were charges pending or not?

Mine were in '?' state until I talked to my credit card and told them about the charge. I found out it had been sitting in 'holding' and probably would have been rejected if I hadn't contacted them. Within a few hours of talking to them (and them confirming that they would accept the charge) the '?' all turned to green check marks on FIFA's page.

So if you have only been waiting around, most likely you got the tickets, your credit card blocked it, and FIFA took them back. There might still be time to salvage it, but if not, at least contact your credit card immediately after ordering in the next phase, or you will get denied again.

4. sc00ter

sc00ter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Does anyone know officially what time phase 4 goes on sale?
    Thanks....

Actually I see that it's 12:00 CET, however, is that midnight or midday??

5. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It is Midday

6. sc00ter

sc00ter New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    thank you!

7. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Ok,so I have about 7k$ worth of tickets under my dad's name. He won't be able to make it. Would it suffice to have his card that was used for the transaction to pick em up or am I going to get screwed on this?

8. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way I understand it, having used ticket kiosks to pick up tickets for matches in Spain, is that you just use the credit card with the machine. I think the only time it might be an issue is if the machine doesnt work for you and you have to present ID to somebody.

9. ikesoccer

ikesoccer New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    Gurnee, Illinois
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zeek

You were correct... I just got off the phone with my CC company, Chase DID deny the charges, and the worst part of it was that I called them up immediately after finding out I had pending process for tickets, last week Monday!!! They took notes of a possible large billing by FIFA, but they still denied the charges that FIFA tried on Feb 4th, I kept trying to speak to someone higher up the supervisory ladder but I kept getting this general response... "Oh sir I'm so sorry"..... well, that just does not cut it, I screamed at this poor lady, and told her I would be reapplying again, but I do not know the billing attempt date, or the total amount... she said it should go through the next time, but she can not promise me that it will...
    This is really p.ssing me off!

10. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks Palermo, that's what I thought the process was - I will have his card and I am on the application but the passport# is for my old expired passport that actually expire about 8 years ago which I will also be carrying.

It would really suck to lose all the money and not be able to get the tix.

11. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    ike, i used a chase card too back in phase 1, i gave them a total price range and a general period of two weeks and they said it was fine and it went through, so maybe you should call again and just ask to inform them of a pending charge and give them FIFA WORLD CUP. If fifa draw doesnt go through the first few weeks call them again and inform them again for the next 1-2 weeks until you hear back from the draw. Good luck!

12. nelsonb97

nelsonb97 Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For all people that received an unsuccessful response: don't be desperate. I'm sure that lots of tickets will be available for most of the games.

For Germany '06, I bought most of my tickets in the 4th phase (only BRA vs AUSTRALIA I received in the 3rd phase), and believe me: the demand for tickets in 2006 was higher than now (the "older" participants of this forum know this fact very well - lots of nights without sleeping those days...)

Other thing: you don't have to be the first guy to access the tickets site exactly when it opens - I'm sure that there will be enough tickets...
    Good luck ! :)

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    My son used my credit card on his application (so I get the miles). I have a new charge card number because my wife's purse was snatched, so my son corresponded with FIFA about how there's a new charge card number, asking how to change the card number. He got an e-mail from FIFA saying there would be a chance to update card information later on in the ticket sales process. The FIFA e-mail noted that the name on the charge card (mine) was not the same as the applicant. As a result, it seems that FIFA is going to require that the applicant's name is on the charge card. My son will provide the updated information when the opportunity presents itself and I'll get a card on my account with his name on it to make it work. But the point here is that it seems that FIFA is focusing on whether the charge card holder is the same as the applicant. Thus, when FIFA allows information to be updated, I think people should update the charge card information to use an account where the applicant is named on the account/card. FIFA has had the money on my son's tickets since Phase 2 so that, coupled with the lagging ticket sales, suggests FIFA will do all in its power to avoid refunds. But I don't want to be arguing with some FIFA functionary when we try to pick up tickets. I suggest that everyone makes sure they get a charge card with the name of the applicant set up in FIFA's data base to avoid problems with picking up tickets.

14. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing Jimbo, is that by being able to change the credit card information, you are opening a door for resale, which FIFA has tried so hard to prohibit. Although it slows it down, since many people will not want to provide their credit card info to someone just to update the FIFA ticket application...

15. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding how TST tickets are dispensed, someone I've emailed back and forth is an England fan who went to Germany. He said his TST-7 at that 2006 World Cup gave him all 7 tickets at once before the Cup. So I don't know if that will happen this time or if you only pick up your Group Stage tickets first and then your knockout round tickets after the Group Stage. Oh Well!!! Maybe someone else knows better.

16. Nate6551

Nate6551 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Does this mean that those who pick up their tickets early will get better seats? Or is it a random lottery within each section....?

I'm new to all this....

17. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lottery.