World Cup Ticketing Part II

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Caesar, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campo de Estrellas

Campo de Estrellas New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    New York
    I've already got my seats for all the US group matches and I'll be gone before the Round of 16. Was wondering about other, extra matches like Nigeria/Argentina and Mexico/France for instance. Thought I might be able to get tickets to matches like those for cheaper once in SA and thought others might have some input. Sorry if I was unclear.

2. pratmatic

pratmatic New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Anyone know when we get the results from the 3rd sales phase? I read on the FIFA website that it would be 3 days following the draw. Thanks in advance.

3. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    it will be 3 days after Feb1

4. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the random draw for overly requested tickets is February 1st, I gather we'll start to know the results by February 4th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the Semis and Finals tickets I requested. I don't think I'll have any problems getting my Round of 16 and Quarterfinals tickets.

I've heard from some websites that the Semis and Finals were already sold out but I believe the already completed Phase allotments were sold out but they kept some for this latest phase and who know how many will be sold back to FIFA from sponsors, etc. that can use all their tix.

5. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Based on what people round here said in Phase1, they'll try and use your old card details, and when that fails they'll email you telling you to log in and submit some new payment details (and you will find that you are able to).

6. mex_lup

mex_lup New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    thanks for that

7. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

I got an email from them saying.# but if you gon to your application you cant asd you say see your card details or change them.
    As the current sales phase is due to expire on the 22 January 2010 at 12:00 midnight Central European Time, we would like to kindly remind you of the importance of ensuring that you have entered the correct details for the payment card you registered on your account. Similarly, you should also ensure that the card is enabled to transact on-line. You can do this by contacting your issuing card company / authorising bank (who has provided the card).

8. mex_lup

mex_lup New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    yeah i also got this email which is what alerted me to it. hopefully they will let me change the details after the draw.

9. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    It inclides tickets sold to international associations and through sponsors.

Hence it seems that sales actually aren't that shabby...

10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Sales are very shabby.

11. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It says that all applicants must attend the game...does this mean I cant pick up my tickets and hand them to someone else to walk in with them...I physically have to go? Will they be checking passports/ID's at the gate before entering the stadium to match each ticket?

12. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they will not be.

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    will the passports be necessary to get the tickets from the ticket pickup locations? or just the credit card used to purchase them?

i wonder if i will be able to pickup my tickets at any time or at designated times during the day??

14. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the sounds of it, you pick up your tickets at an automated kiosk, any number of which will be located all over the major metropolitan areas. You insert the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets, and out pop the tickets. If there are any issues, thats when you might need to show identification to an individual working there.

When I lived in Madrid, you did the same thing - buy the RMCF tickets online, go to a ServiCaixa (ATM), insert your credit card, and print out the tickets.

15. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

FIFA said that they would in Germany 06, but they did not. At least not at the 3 matches I went to. I don't expect them too in South Africa.

16. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I went to 17-18 matches at Germany only got asked once for my passport which didn't have my name on her. I basically told the lady to piss off and kept walking.

17. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    6 matches are oversubscribed for World Cup 2010 including the Semis and Final. Anyone have a clue what the other matches are?

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would definitely get tickets before. If people are offering cheap tickets I would suggest it would be pretty near kick off when they are desperate and it is not exactly the most relaxing prospect. Then that is just me.

19. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have 2 tickets for QF and 2 tickets for 16 round.
    Sadly, I can't flight to SF to participate in those games.
    How can I resell those 4 tickets? I & my guest can't flight to SF to the world cup.

Thanks a lot.

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently Portugal/Brazil is one. Presumably US/Eng. & 1 other.

21. blank_frackis

blank_frackis New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Anybody else starting to think they put in too many applications for tickets? I probably only wanted a couple of R16/QF games, but anticipating a lot of demand I put my application in for 7 R16/QF matches to hedge my bets. Now it's looking like none of these games will be oversubscribed so my bank balance could be taking a bit of a pounding come next week!

22. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    It may depend on what category you put in for.

23. blank_frackis

blank_frackis New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    All category 1 with accepting lower categories. I guess it's true though that a match not being oversubscribed doesn't necessarily mean there are category 1 tickets for every match available. It's quite likely that the categories (and the price) will drop down.

24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    The prices will not be lowered.

25. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Please god let me be lucky for a pair for the finals
    i promise to be good