World Cup Ticketing Part II

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Caesar, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Continued from here.

2. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    "lots of games in joberg soccer city available to apply, good luck"

Must be nice to be able to apply again. I've been waiting exactly one month for a response from my application.

3. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You know you can apply again with different credit card different account/\?

4. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hearts123, what is the phone number you call? do you get live customer service? or automated response for your status? Please let me know. My patience is wearing thin, I am about to call and ask.

Thanks.

5. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Same name?

6. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the number is 011 27831232010
    Automated response, I don't know if there's an option for live support though.

7. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Number above. It's an Automated response with no option for live contact.
    I still haven't heard, it's fookin outrageous. I applied on the first day of phase 2 in the first hour. I have sent countless emails. Some get replies some don't. None of the replies have sorted this out.
    With regard to applying again. I thought of this but I could end up getting these tickets and the second lot. The ones I have applied for will cost $5k so I aint committing to more.

8. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Burkina Faso 2 - 3 Ivory Coast
    Looks like my TST7 Ivory Coast looking great. They just beat the second place team away from home. and lead the group by 3.

9. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Availability for matches/categories has been revised. 9 more games are "sold out" and 5 others have fewer categories available.
    Code:
     1 ....
     2 ....
     3 ....
     4 ....
     5 ....
     6 ...4
     7 1...
     8 ....
     9 12.4
    10 ....
    11 ....
    12 ....
    13 ...4
    14 ....
    15 ....
    16 1...
    17 ....
    18 ...4
    19 ....
    20 12.4
    21 ....
    22 ....
    23 ....
    24 ....
    25 1...
    26 ....
    27 1...
    28 ....
    29 12..
    30 ....
    31 ...4
    32 ....
    33 ....
    34 ....
    35 12..
    36 ...4
    37 ...4
    38 ....
    39 12.4
    40 ....
    41 ....
    42 ...4
    43 ....
    44 ....
    45 1...
    46 ....
    47 ....
    48 ....
    49 ....
    50 ....
    51 ...4
    52 12..
    53 1...
    54 ....
    55 ....
    56 ....
    57 ....
    58 ....
    59 ....
    60 ....
    61 ....
    62 ....
    63 ..34
    64 ....

10. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remembered seeing someone post stating that he/she was able to talk to the customer representative and was advised about ticket status and such on the old thread, but with 50+ pages, I find it hard to look for it.

If it's automated response, what would be the advantage of calling it vs checking via website vs email (which I have not gotten response so far :( )?

Thanks.

11. blank_frackis

blank_frackis New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    It's updated more quickly than on the website. I phoned that number and found out the result of my application several days before the information was updated on the website.

12. Slimluca

Slimluca New Member

May 23, 2009
    Has anyone's credit card been charged lately? My application has been on pending to pay for a month now:confused:

13. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just that the automated line is faster in updating the status of your application.
    If I am not mistaken, I was able to confirm my tickets 2-3 days before the website changed the status.

Just call your credit card company, as long as they haven't decline charges from FIFA, there's nothing to worry about. My second phase application was successful and it took them a while to charge my CC.

14. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm interested in going for the US TST7, but i've never done something like this before and i'm trying to budget.

does anyone know how much it would run for a ticket for 1 from the US to south africa? and how about hotels? if i'm there for a month, what am i looking at? would it be better to just get one hotel or go to a different hotel for each match? when would be a good time to make these arangements?

15. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    No chance of a US TST 7 m8 sold out. ;-(

16. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Your best bet of a USMNT TST7 is probably through joining the new official USMNT supporters club, details at http://ussoccerstore.com/us00m75990910.html.

This will cost you $50, and there is no assurance that you will actually get tickets (it is also unclear if you will have to pony up $50 again once 2010 rolls around), but this makes you eligible for tickets from the US Soccer allotment. I got my tickets this way the last two times around -- although it was a nail-biting, last minute affair to actually get the tickets in my hand both times (and back then it didn't cost you $50 just to have a chance, it was free).

For what it's worth, I just got tickets today to games 20 and 29 (after being shut out on three previous ticketing attempts on the fifa web site).

While I hope to have plenty of tickets in place before I head to ZA, I am not too worried about tickets this time around, as I anticipate they will be plentiful on the ground for most games (marquee names like England, South Africa, Brazil etc. excepted), and the mark-up shouldn't be too great. At least that's my hope.I will have a netbook with me, and will get a short-term wi-fi account (and/or know where the free wi-fi hotspot areas are), to take advantage of tickets released last minute through the Fifs site (I scored tickets this way in both 2002 & 2006). Yeah, it's a pretty big gamble to spring for a ticket to South Africa if you don't already have tickets ... but that just makes me think they will be more plentiful on-the-ground.

17. thekane5

thekane5 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    In reading from USSoccer.com it suggests that the most tickets any one person can have is 4 for 7 different games. Does anyone have an idea if you are capped out (I am) that when tickets become available through USSoccer for the US games if you won't be able to get them?

18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    You will be fine. There will be no communication between the 2. Fook this lot cant even answer a fookin email ;-)

By the way if you are buying tickets to sell on I wouldn't bother. There aint gonna be any need for touts in SA. Tickets will be readily available.

19. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Just got this. I was previously told I'd been knocked back but there must have been people pulling out ;-)
    Dear ##### ######

Your unique ticket request reference is #########

Further to your application for 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Tickets, your Ticket request has been processed by the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre (the “FWCTC”).

We are delighted to inform you that the Tickets shown below (and also as reflected within your FIFA.com customer account) have now been reserved by the FWCTC for your exclusive benefit.

Product Category No of TicketsStatus Amount to Pay Match 64 - Final - 11 July, Johannesburg 20.30CAT14Successful3,600.00

Total Amount to Pay: 3,600.00

I had been waiting to hear about my TST 7 application for ages. They must have been leaving it till they knew about this. I go an unsuccessful for that at the same time. But I am delighted as this is the game I wanted.

20. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have 15 tickets incluing a TST 6 for Brazil, but right now, i'm jealous

21. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    You don't have to sign up and pay as a supporter to get tickets through US Soccer. You just have to sign up to receive the application when they release it - i.e. November or so assuming they qualify. They email you the application at a given date and then you have to fax it back to them or FedEx it. I did last time, and was successfull for all three US games with overnight FedEx.

Edit: nevermind - apparently they are doing it a bit different this time :p!

22. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    congrats!!! is that a TST-7? or individual game tix? also phase 1 or 2?

i just checked fifa website and my tst-7 is, again, unsuccessful. :( no email confirmation, just checking website

3 in a row of unsuccesful ticket app, 1x phase 1, 2x phase 2.

23. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Hi 8, no it's from phase 1. I applied for 4 CAT1 for the Final. I was unsuccessful, then for some reason got this yesterday ;-)
    It is still showing as UNsuccessful in my prfile page.
    I sent them a lot of emails and in the last I said I was intending to complain their tourist board and anybody else I could think off ;-)

My TST 7 was UNsuccessful yesterday.

24. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    I just found out through the phone (website has yet to update) that I got tickets to the following matches:

Match 9 - E1 v E2
    Match 16 - H1 v H2
    Match 20 - B1 v B3
    Match 29 - G1 v G3

I didn't apply until last week, so there should be tickets still available.

I was curious if anyone knows what the odds are of scoring US tickets through US Soccer this time around. Since it is not first come first serve, getting your stuff in as early as possilbe isn't necessarily going to work again.

It also sounds like having everyone in your group sign up as a supporter should increase your odds - thoughts?

I do figure, if all else fails (i.e. US doesn't end up as one of those teams I have, and no luck through US Soccer) that we'll go stand outside the stadium for a US game and try to trade for one of the tickets we have. Even though they print your passport number on the ticket, it would have probably worked last time as they never checked passports against the tickets, only ran them through a scanner to verify the internal chip.

25. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA