World Cup Reads...

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Aveirenses, May 25, 2010.

1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow...

So I tooki a trip to Barnes and Noble (Borders is crap around here) yesterday to go through everything they had on World Cup 2010.

This shit was shockingly bad. The magazines were either mediocre to good.

But

BUT THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE?

[​IMG]

ABSOLUTELY ********ING TERRIBLE. On top of the fact that it's littered with random ass grammar and spelling errors (Christiano Ronaldo being one of them), they couldn't even number the pages right. Oh so Chapter 13 is on page 53? But... but that's Chapter 10... WHERE THE HELL IS CHAPTER !3 DAMNIT!?

I've never been so frustrating whilst reading a book.

Just thought we needed something else to moan about other than the team and coaching. ;)

2. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Picked up Soccereconomics last night. Read several chapters and I'm very interested as some of the game and number theories as they are similar to aspects of my work.

So far, very interesting and it coincides with some of my thoughts regarding talent in countries, development of said talent, and money spent on development versus the "gut feel" and personal bias injected into sports analyzing.

3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    A clue: A book titled "World Cup 2010" but then has Beckham defending Ronaldinho on its cover... (the picture on the Amazon edition).
    Yours looks even worse - is that from the 1970 WC??

In any case, it can't be that bad. It gets 4/5 stars on Amazon, including this glowing review:

5.0 out of 5 stars A new and original take on the beautiful game, BUY IT!, April 5, 2010 By Carlo Coppetti (Näfels, Switzerland) - See all my reviews

;-)

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretty sure that's not Ronaldinho... (at least I can't recall him ever being bald, let alone bald against England)