World Cup Qualifier Asian one 3rd round

Discussion in 'China' started by Zhou Botong, Nov 18, 2007.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    shi jun was badly injuried last year (ACL probleme) and he is back since only 1 month and a half, need time to get back from this kind of injury and the coach don't let him, have this time, lets hope he don't become a new li tie

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    when i was at school
    i was talking football with a korean classmate
    very interestingly..when i mention chinese football..
    the first person he would ask about is : dong fangzhuo
    the second person would be zheng zhi
    then the last person he remember would be sun jihai

it seems sad that everyone thought dong was an excellent player
    but he never actually played...much..

this applies to li tie too
    when it was after wc 2002..the newspaper has this almost half page article about he and li weifeng become the new signing of everton with promising skills

now li tie is a take out delivery guy...

it kind of feel bad when we tends to compare our soccer talents with other talents

3. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    the NT is so bad i don't dare watch. They haven't improved at all since I first saw NT in 2002. !!

ACL is better, especially the games with Dalian and Shandong involved.

I can't wait for the ACL next season. More AUS, japanese and korean teams mean exciting games for Beijing and Changchun!

AFC should kick out the Viet, Thai and Indonesian clubs and send them to AFC cup.

4. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I definately agree that the NT hasn't improved at all since the 2002 world cup and 2004 asian cup. Sadly, during those times, Chinese fans could automatically assume victory over teams like Kuwait, Iraq, and Uzbek. Now, we actually have to keep our figures crossed when we play these teams, and more often, we are defeated.

In terms of ACL, well, it isn't exactly the UEFA Champion's League, but it has it's cheap moments. Come on, all of our Asian Stars are in Europe, how good could it be?

In terms of kicking out the Southeast Asian teams, let's not be mean to them. After all, we want to raise the level of football in Asia.

I don't think this is possible, but it was be wicked if we can get Israel and Turkey to join the AFC. They would pull up the level of Asian Soccer.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    uzbekistan is indeed growing very strong
    within perhaps 10 years..they might become one of the powerhouse of asia

eventhough we are having more oversea players than generation from before (sun jihai, zheng zhi..including zhan xu, yu hai, shi jun)

it still gives me a feeling that the younger players are more appears to be a "marketing player" for nameless club..i doubt their skills are even benefiting the club at all if we ignore the fact that they are gaining attention from the chinese audience

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    northern mariana islands become a provisional team member for the east asian football federation

if they joined afc..this might boost confidence for minor soccer team such as mongolia, guam, bhutan etc

7. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    China needs to stop being so arogent and suck up to some of the european clubs to take thier youth players and actually make somthing of them. Dong is not bad player but i do belive he would be loaned out to get experince. That guy at benfica si looking real good to........hope he dosent pull a dong

8. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  10. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
  11. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Prepare for west asian teams.

12. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The China national team, Vasco De Gama club of Brazil, SV Hamburg of Germany and the UAE national team will participate in the Dubai Challenge at the Al Maktoum stadium at the Al Nasr club.

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Football/10173724.html

China will play UAE on 10 January , probably as part of this Dubai Challenge ?

13. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    LFA (Lebanese Football Federation) today:

January 16 - Lebanon x China (Kick off 4:15 am local time)
    January 19 - Lebanon x China (Kick off 4:15 am local time)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626012&page=5

Very busy for the Chinese NT ! They got also match against UAE on Jan 10 , Oman on Jan 14 and Syria on Jan 28.

14. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    and they also play Hamburg on the 12 january

15. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    do you know where the match will be played? in Beiruht? coz is an explosive country right now

16. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Saida in South Lebanon.

17. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    the CFA want to play in kunming for the match vs Australia and in the New tianjin stadium for the match vs qatar and Iraq, the iraq and qatar r ok with it and Australia is also ok, now need the approval of Fifa

source
    http://www.fa.org.cn/jdxw/2007-12-22/151614.html

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The Iraq match on 6 February seem to be played in Dubai, UAE

19. bloodyjikhead

bloodyjikhead Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Does that article mention anything about ticket details? If not, does anyone know anything about tickets for the China v Australia match?

There will be a few of us travelling from Australia for the match, so we'd like to get tickets as soon as they become available!

What is the ticket process usually like for China home matches?

Cheers.

20. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I think in home and away system, the host doesn't need the agreements from the visitors in deciding the places to play.

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    in other words, it doesn't matter where we play, we're gonna get eliminated anyways.

i don't know why we even bother having this thread. you might even get some people's hopes up and devestate them even further. don't put hope on the national men's team, it will dissapoint you.

I am still mad at China's performance in the Asian Cup as well as its failure to make the final round of qualifications for World Cup 2006.

seriously, don't hope and maybe.............. just maybe it might give you a surprise. Hope........... and you will be dissapointed.

22. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Lebanese Football Federation announced today that both friendlies against Lebanon in Lebanon are cancelled, instead the lebanese team will play in China on January 20th.

23. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
  24. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  25. football-dave

football-dave New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Japan
    "We swear by death to kill along the bloody road of defending the honour of the motherland and realise our youthful dreams.":eek:

For the good of the game

:)