World Cup Qualifier Asian one 3rd round

Discussion in 'China' started by Zhou Botong, Nov 18, 2007.

1. DL_United

DL_United New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    is it me or does everyone else feel like Han Peng shouldn't be in the NT at all??

he's talking to some TV internview like he's the new Haidong or New Gao Feng.

Someone please drop him

2. Rivadol10

Rivadol10 New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I didnt see the interview but his on-pitch attitude is pretty good, he's one of the very few who actually wants to win, and tries hard to score. NT defintely need him. I'd sooner drop Li Weifeng (who i do like) or Sun Xiang than him.

3. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Sum onne relly neds to git a life, or a women or evin a men, sahbeck.:p

4. LewsTherin

LewsTherin Member

Jun 3, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Someone needs to p*ss off to their own forum instead of insulting us Chinese here. Simple minded people such as yourself should stop criticising us on our English, at least we can communicate in a respectful manner rather than spit trash. Discuss and don't hate.

We did play poorly and I still think that the excuse to play the match at higher altitude is pretty pathetic of us to try and gain some sort of advantage over the Aussies. Though Australia is still easier than the likes of Japan or South Korea so at least we don't have to play them. We seriously need a win.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

You have been arrested by the Grammar Police!

I think your life is a mistake too. :)

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Pssst he was joking ;)

7. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    He is also being a childish ignorant troll who has nothing but insults to dish out here, maybe you should warn him about that too as well as his colorful sense of humor ;)

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Do that in the Australian forums and you get infarction points.

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Damn Kangaroo-Shagger, you need to go to Outbacks, drink a pint of Fosters and throw boomerangs around instead of coming back here daily.

10. LewsTherin

LewsTherin Member

Jun 3, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Let's not go down as low as that fella, I'm sure one day his punishment will arrive and with due cause. :p Oh and you named all the Aussie stereotypes except for the fact that cricket sucks!!! FOOTBALL FOR THE WIN (Not Australian Rules football)

11. joiner-redded

joiner-redded Red Card

Apr 2, 2008
    It is nice to see Iraq take part ini World Cup rather than unpleasant football nations like Australia or Chinkland.

12. LewsTherin

LewsTherin Member

Jun 3, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I believe you accidentally had a typo accident there. Mistyped "kland" instead of "a". Don't worry I forgive you. :p Afterall, kids do make mistakes. Especially toddlers like yourself.

13. Rivadol10

Rivadol10 New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Interview: China International Li Weifeng

Former Chinese captain Li Weifeng has been a well-known figure in Asian football for a number of years. He is soon set to notch over 100 caps for his nation and, as the new Chinese Super League season gets into its stride, is hoping to lead Shanghai Shenhua to a first title since 2003.

The one-time Everton defender found time to have a quick chat to Goal.com.

What happened in the recent World Cup qualifier against Australia?

It was a really good chance to defeat Australia, half of their starting eleven didn’t come to China. Our target in the game was to get three points and we tried our best to win, but we were unlucky. It not the fault of one person, the whole team is responsible.

Does China have to win the next game? Will China qualify?

We should win and we will. If we end up with three draws from three games, it would mean that we have lost six points. If we win the next game, we will have a good chance qualifying. If we don’t win, it won’t be the end of the world. We will fight to the end.

What were your thoughts on Australia?

They are very strong physically and many of them play in Europe. Australia is a strong team.

Can Shanghai win the title this season?

Shanghai has always been one of the teams that challenges for the title. If we win the games that we should win, then we will have a good chance.

How can Chinese football improve?

More and more of our talented players should go to Europe. There they can improve their skills, gain some experience and get the most important thing of all --confidence.

The China national team seems to be getting a reputation as a physical team. is this correct?

No, I don't think so.

You also have the same reputation...

The physical condition is the basic element of playing football. Besides I think I also have good skill and, actually no one thinks that I'm a piece of wood in the defence line.

What happened at Everton? Why did you only play one game?

You know, it is often hard for a foreigner to communicate with the coach of the team and this is such an important aspect. I once studied football in Brazil, learning some Portuguese, but no English. At Everton, the coach and myself couldn’t communicate properly or exchange ideas.

And then I picked up an injury which didn’t help matters. When I first went to the club, I said to myself: ‘If I can't get a starting position in three months, I will leave without any hesitation.’ Mr Moyes wanted me stay, but he all he could do was keep telling me to ‘wait.’ But you know it's hard for a coach to change his defence...

Do you have happy memories of your time in England?

Of course. Beside the result, I don't think my experience in UK was a waste of time. I still think the style I play is something that learning from England. I felt I grew up there, experiencing more and more. It's was a good experience!

John Duerden - with thanks to Er Dongmei.

Asia Editor