NSR: World Cup Prediction Challenge

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by gringolimon, Apr 14, 2018.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What's up Everyone!

I'm doing a prediction contest for the upcoming World Cup. It basically consists of predicting the results of each match, from group play all the way to the final. Different points will be awarded based on whether you predicted the outcome (who won or was it a tie?) or the exact result (including penalties after extra-time). Depending on how much interest there is, I might do a second one starting from the Knockout Stages. Anyway, let me know if you’re interested and please feel free to tell others (the more the better).

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Including penalties? That really is a strange idea.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's a way of awarding more points to someone who predicted exactly how a team won (i.e. Brasil defeats México in penalties after a 2-2 draw in extra time) versus someone who just correctly predicted the winner but got the result wrong (i.e. Brasil defeats México 3-2).

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But in this case it's just luck and not prediction. That's why you mostly predict results after 90 or 120 minutes.

5. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Some may argue that all predictions carry a bit of luck. Agree to disagree. Nevertheless, most people like the idea.