World Cup Pool: Open to All

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by DukieShane, Jun 10, 2010.

1. DukieShane

DukieShane New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Hey, I'm running a World Cup Pool that has 25-30 participants so far. If you're interested and like to gamble, send me an e-mail at shane.spr8 at gmail dot com. The details are below.

The format:

Part 1:

Each person in the pool will pick the top two finishers from each group. You can find the spreadsheet attached. Notice the awesome font work- part logical, part arbitrary, 100% inspiring. The points shake out as follows:

Top 2 correct: 6 points
    Top 2 correct, wrong order: 4 points
    Only #1 correct: 3 points
    Only #2 correct: 2 points
    Only 1 team correct, wrong placement: 1 point

Part 2:

Pick the 16-team bracket. The bracket isn't made until the end of the group stages, so I will make a new spreadsheet and send it along once that happens. The scoring here is traditional bracket style. One point for each first round game, 2 for next, and so on until the championship, doubling each round.

This pool has 3 winners: Part 1, Part 2, and the Overall Champ on combined points. Money prizes will be decided after we figure out how many are in, but each winner will take over $100. If the overall champ is also the part 1 or part 2 champ, he or she will only get the top prize, and the part 1 or part 2 prize will go to second place.

For those who are new to my pools, the deal as always is that I don't make any money- unless I win. Everything paid in goes into the prize total.

SOCCER!