World Cup Final ticket question

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by beos, Jul 6, 2005.

1. beos

beos New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    San Jose, Calif.
    I am interested in the 2006 World Cup final match ticket.
    I check their website, only TST tickets are available now.
    Anyone knows if any more tickets for the final match will be available later?
    Are they sold out? or they will release more tickets later?
    Any info is appreciated.

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Of all the World Cup Games (including the final) there were only around 30%-40% for public sale. The rest went to sponsors and assosiations. Of those 40%, I think there are about 80%-90% already sold. There will be another selling round this fall, when the remaining tickets will be sold. But the chances to get some tickets are incredibly low (especially for the final). You probably should start working for McDonald's or Coca Cola. Maybe you'll get a chance to grab some of those sponsors tickets.

3. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like even the Hospitality tickets are Sold Out for the Final. Pity I haven't got 20 grand to throw away on just going to Football Matches.

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently if you buy a tst-7 ticket then it transfers to whoever knocked "your" team out, right up to the final. If you don't really care who you see and just want to see some games, including the final, then just but a TST-7 of the most likely team to qualify who haven't sold out yet. I'd check the rules just to make sure, but that looks to be how it works. If that team don't qualify then you get your money back, bar a handling fee.

5. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    I believe you are correct. If your team fails to advance past the group stage your ticket transfers to the group winner. This has to be some of the reasoning behind the fact that the Ukraine TST-7 tickets are sold out. Additional detail available at:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050506/1/3lfs.html

6. berni23

berni23 Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Berlin
    you´re right, but all tickets with even the slightest chance to qualify are already sold out!

7. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Everyone should remember the new electronic non-transferable ticket system for the 06' WC when looking for last minute tickets also..
    They are trying to finally beat the scalpers.. It would be a shame to buy a ticket to the final from someone then be turned away at the gate.. :eek:

8. jnorth1a

jnorth1a New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    USA
    Could someone please elaborate on this? Does this mean that someone cannot buy tickets for their friends if they won't be with them? Will the stadium security be asking for passport identification for each ticket they scan upon entrance? I don't see how this is logistically feasible for 50,000 people?

I'm asking this because I have been unsuccessful with the first two rounds of ticket lottery, and am pessimistic about getting tix through US Soccer Federation. Can any tickets be transferred?????

(Pre-emptive apologies if this was dealt with in another thread)

9. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I'm sure they have some info at the WC site on ticket policy.. I'll take a look..
    Here's a little more on the tech side of it..

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/chip_and_pinned_world_cup.htm

10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    This appears to say it should not be a problem unless something was noted with a particular ticket however I would still check further: (yes it could still be a problem.. see post below..confussing)

"For all matches of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ electronically controlled turnstile barriers will be used for access control. They are equipped with proximity readers which will be able to detect, using RFID technology embedded in a chip in a ticket, whether or not a ticket is valid. The RFID chip does not contain any personal customer data. To guarantee a smooth control at the stadium entrance the necessary data (inter alia personal data) will be transferred encrypted from the ticketing system to the access control system of the stadium (for further information, see FAQ at FIFAworldcup.com). The chip offers access to these data and will be used to align the data with the data of the access control. The entrance will be registered on the chip as soon as the ticket holder passes the turnstile barrier. This is to guarantee the anti pass-back function (to prevent unauthorized double entrance) in case of network failures."

http://tickets.fifaworldcup.com/reg/site/wme_dat.htm

11. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    This article seems to say it may be a problem to give tickets to friends..
    This needs to made clear somehow.. :rolleyes:

"Buying tickets is solely allowed on their official website.

So I am sure you think of buying tickets for one or more matches. Here is what Horst Schmidt, Vice-President of our Organizing Committee says:

"A supply of tickets came up for resale on eBay. All we can do is warn people to steer well clear of such offers. Fans obtaining tickets in this way may find themselves denied admission at the turnstiles. Everyone knows that tickets are personalised and cannot be transferred without a genuinely pressing reason, and then only with the Organising Committee's approval. There could be problems if the ticket and personal ID fail to match, exactly as there would be with an airline ticket. We've said it often enough before, and we're saying it again: tickets are only transferable for good reasons - and profiteering isn't a good reason."

So make sure you only apply for tickets online at their official website. That way you avoid massive disappointment.

Good. Now to the Fifa World Cup 2006 Germany venues, which are, by the way, well explained at http://www.smart-travel-germany.com/world-cup-2006.html . You are even going to find exact explanations on how to get to each venue as well as additional insider tips and partially free downloadable maps."

http://www.articlesfactory.com/arti...up-2006-germany-the-party-of-the-century.html