World Cup Expansion to 48 Teams (Update: FIFA Council Agrees 2026 Slot Allocation)

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by shizzle787, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Personally, I grew up in the US so depending on my mood I’ll cheer for them haha. Other than that I shift my support regularly for various teams mostly just based on who’s fun to watch.

For Indians back home, probably Brazil, Argentina, or whatever European team(s) are doing well at that moment in time lol. We don’t really have any friends or neighbors that we like and that are also good at football, so there’s not really any “natural” team for Indians to support. So mostly we just end up glory hunting haha.

2. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Yep, I was there in Sharjah with some Indian friends of mine. So close. Unfortunately Bahrain was the better team and the goal was coming.

3. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would have thought that because of historical ties Indians might support England.

4. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I've not heard anything in particular about that, I know the Prem is popular but I don't know whether or not that translates to support for England. It's possible, but again I am not certain.

5. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean, despite historical ties? :D

Kamtedrejt, sitruc and Every Four Years repped this.
  6. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, yes, you could put it that way too!