World Cup Celebrations

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by forza_azzurri, Jun 24, 2006.

1. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. DonMancini

DonMancini New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Montreal
    You shoulda seen little Italy up here in Montreal :p It was 103852309532 times worse.

3. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
  4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    forza azzurri

PLEASE do not change our little italy.. i live in maple exactly beside woodbridge and i was dissappointed to see italians celebrate elsewhere but college street or st claire.. i went to st claire after the ghana game and was about to after the us but we didnt win... please tell your friends to head up there.. for one the portuguese are slowly taking over .. and 2, that is where primarily alot of the italians stayed when imigrating to canada... lets keep it ours

5. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    St. Clair was more crazy.....

6. ddivecch

ddivecch New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Toronto
    St.Clair, thursday night, was insanity, lol we didnt even win anything yet, there had to be over 1000 plus people celebrating at the peak time, i couldnt even hear myself talk, it was quite the celebration, i hope theres more celebrating to be done

7. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dang, james street in hamilton was pretty crazy, but nothing compared to this.

8. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    there was about 20 cars in a row and another 20 cars, in between them was one car with ghana fans cheering, lol

9. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    My town in Connecticut is no-longer Italian populated, just me and the rest of my family. Anyway, we and the few that remain did celebrate, and yell, and go crazy.

I'm glad that I am in Italy right now, so then if we win the game, there will be massive celebrations here in Verona.

10. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't worry ....College Street and St. Clair will always be the Little Italy's of Toronto. Even though less Italians live there .........the biggest celebrations will transfer to those spots.

11. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montreal has ONE main Little Italy so you guys are concentrated. In the GTA we are scattered all over the place. But if the big one happens will will congregate to the main Little Italy's in the city. We will shut down the city !

12. DonMancini

DonMancini New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Montreal
    Haha, well I suppose that we do have one "official" little italy, but there are 2 or 3 Italian neighborhoods which also go crazy (i.e. St-Leonard, RDP and parts of Laval).

It was quite funny, after the Ghana game the police didn't know what to expect so they didn't think of closing the streets right away, causing mayhem and chaos around town.

However, after the Czech game, the police had already shut down the entire area for cars, lol. I never heard so much honking in my life; even random trucks were joining in.

13. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You also missed Lasalle/Lachine also. I can't go to Little Italy to watch the games because i cant concentrate on the game. I'll usually watch it at home the head out to celebrate.

14. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    thats the life there.. after the game tomorrow im heading down..

FORZA ITALIA

15. g2k2001

g2k2001 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    NJ
    thats awesome, i think im about to go to canada lol

16. Coompa

Coompa New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Toronto
    St Clair Ave will always be the sentimental location to celebrate World Cup victories in Toronto. This is where the spontaneous celebration occurred in 1982 when over 100K people jammed the street to celebrate the Azzurri victory. I am praying for a repeat this year.

Forza Italia!

17. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is true ............but in 1982 Woodbridge was farmland.

I still don't know where the bigger party would be ?

My guess is that everyone goes to St. Clair to rub it in to all the other nations that have migrated their.

18. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

there and college

19. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yea man.. college theirs more portuguese and brazilians

i couldnt believe what i saw on the news

brazilians partying on college street which is torontos little italy.. we cant get outnumbered.. woodbridge people just have to make the trip down there.. dont let it rot because the portus and brazilians and argentines are taking over slowly.

20. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Whats the populations of italians in Canada like, because they say in Aus 1 in 20 have italian blood.

21. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    james street in hamilton,ontario , was pretty nuts monday, the whole road was blocked off, probley not as nuts as college st, or st.clairs.

22. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    theres like 1,200,000 italians in canada.

23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was in 2001. I would say we are close to 1.5 Million by now.

I would say 1 million of them live in Southern Ontario alone.

24. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    italian born or italian blood

25. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy