World Cup 2022 - Portugal vs Morocco (QF)

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Sumol, Dec 6, 2022.

1. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    A leaked video of him playing with his small penis before the game. He was blackmailed with that video. That’s why he played like shit.

SCP_16 repped this.
  2. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Remember this handball?
    Sure looks like Fifa wants us to fail every ********ing time.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    That's not a bad thing:D

money11 repped this.
  4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ramos has a nice cock. Perfect balance of length and girth. I know sportinguistas are feeling insecure right now

I wish he did the pistolero celebration after the cumshot

5. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    After a second review of the video, he does seem to have a girthy head, which is good, because it would give him the confidence he needs to score more goals for the NT. The future is bright.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Damn all you sad Canadians and your tiny dicks tough.

Also LMFAO @prodigal_mind comment on the pistolero celebration.

For real tho why isn't Portuguese media blowing this up? Cuz they're a bunch of sad Lampiao needle-dicks too?

8. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I heard he was having a cam session with a Moroccan chick, and she leaked the video out to hurt his performance at the game.

9. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just recently came back from Doha, where I spent three weeks watching the World Cup and exploring the country (and Dubai). Amazing experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity where I managed to catch 19 games with some close friends of mine, and meet fans from around the World. Watching every match of the selecao, seeing the final tournament for both Ronaldo and Messi (the atmosphere at Lusail stadium for ArgentinaXMexico was awe inspiring and I'll always be grateful for being able to attend), seeing Canada front row vs Belgium in the Canadian section, having a great view for the goal vs Croatia and going wild, seeing the barn burners of Cameroon vs Serbia and Serbia vs Switzerland, seeing Mbappe vs Australia and Denmark...

Highlights include the J Balvin concert I attended directly after Portugal vs Ghana...a night I'll never forget, and provided me a new appreciation for Equadorian women. Swimming at Al Wakra Souq every few days and relaxing on the beach with fans, partying at night at various rooftop lounges, exploring the Lusail Marina and The Pearl late night for the bars, restaurants, scenery and socializing.

Watching the Mexicans and Brazilians attempting to sneak into the Single women only section of Katara beach by Westbay (near downtown Doha), only for security to appear and run them down:D

Now onto the colossal failure of that fateful quarter final.

Watching the first match against Ghana made one thing readily apparent that we all already knew: We have ZERO IDENTITY. After 8 years under Santos our style revolves around static movement, and relying on individual brilliance to bail us out of difficult situations. It was clear that we lacked a cohesive game plan that took advantage of the talent at our disposal. We were frustrating, underwhelming, and stressful to watch. In fact, you could feel the stress emanating from the players themselves as that match ( and others) wore on. We lacked so much composure, and easily panicked in certain situations throughout matches.

We had a pk completely change the course of that game, and Diogo Costa showed his inexperience with nervousness almost costing as the win ( he is a fantastic shot stopper and will be a fantastic gk in the future). Against Uruguay we were full value for the win ( Nuno Mendes our best player before the injury) but had 10 minutes of insanity when Santos decided to play William as the solo midfielder alongside Bruno and Bernardo..leading to Valverde and Bentacur blowing him up until the entrances of Palhinha/Nunes completely titled the field in our direction again as they matched the intensity and pace/power those two Uruguayans possessed.

Vs Korea while playing mostly a reserve team we played with damage control/result mitigation in mind and while in control we never moved the ball quickly and used rapid interplay with vertical passes in between the lines...the few times we did they couldn't cope. This is a paradox because in the 90th minute we inexplicably sent the majority of our team up to try and score off a corner, leading to the counter and goal. I'm still partially deaf via the Koreans going wild directly behind me.

The Swiss game was magical, and I had front row seats to the first two goals. I'll always cherish that game. HOWEVER, if you all rewatch it you will see that the opening 10-15 minutes was very similar to the Morocco match, where we were struggling to impose ourselves and mostly kept things to the outside. A moment of brilliance (again) really opened that entire game up, causing the Swiss to move further up the pitch and attack, while our confidence absolutely soared!

Morocco - They did what they had to do to win, and did it exceptionally well. Good for them. For us, we lost a golden opportunity to make the semi-finals and possibly win a World Cup with one of our best generations ever ( I say one of, because with Ronaldo in severe decline we lack a world class difference maker who can take someone on one v one and have no fear in absolutely aggressively going at the opposing team like He, Figo, Rui Costa, or even Deco did).

1- We lacked no urgency, intensity, or "vontade". They wanted it more, they fought for it more. Ruben Neves was a horrendous choice for this matchup, he has been crap the whole tournament (and honestly seems to have severely stagnated at Wolves, he's incredibly one dimensional now whereas a few years back had was more vertical, incisive, and press resilient). Joao Palhinha's ability to win the ball, close down and smother opposing players, his energy, tenacity, power, drive etc was IDEAL for this match. He was the perfect player, and fresh. Even keeping William, while slow and not as good defensively, would have been better, as he atleast has a supern IQ in terms of passing and positioning/movement around the centre of the park (something I grew to appreciate in person)...whose speed of thought and passing was what we sorely lacked in that turgid first half

2- We had ZERO interplay in the centre of midfield in and around the last 30 yards of the field. It's as if Santos took everything that was amazing about the Swiss performance, the swift one twos, the creative interplay and vertical passing/movement in between the lines, and decided to instead implement a slow passing game across the backline and centre circle before unleashing long balls outwide to fullbacks...something that would never threaten a low block that had strong fullbacks like Hakimi would could close down Gurreiro etc at will.

3- We never pressed them, and it took their goal for us to aggressively close them down. the second we did you could see how they mostly coughed it up in dangerous areas or almost immediately..which led to that 5 minute period after we conceded where we looked so dangerous before the half.

4- We panicked again and were so unorganized in that chaotic second half. When we had to keep the ball on the deck, have Ramos/Felix/Ronaldo continue to make diagonal runs to pull the defense and have Bruno/Bernardo/Otavio make vertical creative passes or quick interplay, we launched the ball up field and into the box time and time again...that did not suit our players AT ALL. We dont have Werghorst up front to somehow cause chaos, and Morocco had a better backline to deal with that.

For all of that, we still had chances that should have led to us tying it and winning afterwards. They were barely hanging on, already missing Mazrouzi and Aguerd, with Saiss coming off and the rest of their team literally running on fumes. Diogo Costa made a mistake, and it made us go behind, but it doesn't rest solely on him. He made fantastic stops in that match, and in others (like Uruguay etc), and we had talent on the field to easily win this game.

The French were laughing, we were the one team their fans and media were worried about over there, and they firmly believe Argentina/Croatia won't pose them nowhere near the same threat as our squad would...I had to explain just because we looked great on paper doesn't mean we showcased being contenders consistently on the field.

This hurt, this hurt a lot. A tremendous opportunity lost, and I haven't felt this way since the 2006 Semi where we lost to Zidane's PK.

A few other things to note:

Ronaldo- A privilege to watch him live for all he's done, been, and contributed to Portugal and the sport in general. However, he's not one tenth the player he used to be. He's constantly 1/2 yards off the pace, his touch is mostly abysmal, he lacks any ability to beat a player or gain a yard of space now.. that missed change in the opening minutes vs Ghana was heartbreaking...to see what he was in comparison to what he is now really hurt. He needs to come to terms with that fact that he can still be a leader off the bench as a impact sub, but his time as a starter is finished. His static play and lack of movement really limits the team as well, I saw Pepe of all players along with Bruno, Bernardo etc looking to him with arms raised at time looking for an option to drag defenders out of position or show for a "tabela'.

Ruben Dias- He was clearly injured, he couldn't jump properly and if that as the case why Santos didn't play Antonio Silva I'll never know...why call him up if you dont trust him to play when needed?

Bernardo Silva and Cancelo- While Bernardo had a fantastic second half vs Uruguay and was very incisive vs Switzerland, he was too deep for the most part in every other match, and too "timid" compared to what he's shown for Man City. We need him driving forward like he does for them evading tackles and passing in between the lines...yet he almost always seems to be at the half way line to collect and recycle, or passes it sideways. Whether it's coaching instructions or not, that's not what we need.

Cancelo- Dreadful, he's been off this year for City as well and something is clearly effecting his game. Was hoping it would be a dominant tournament for him as he's been so good for the selecao in the past.

Gurreiro- Great skill remains, but you can see how injuries ruined him as he has zero acceleration now.

Pepe- Legend, amazing how dominant he still is at 39.

Felix- Moments of genius and moments of not being involved...needs to move to a club that suits his attacking play, and gives him responsibility to grow and mature as player.

Bruno Fernandes- Really good tournament from him.

Otavio is a quality player, and his shithousing and tenacity to win the ball back is good to have as he was one of the few matching the intensity of the Moroccans. Bernardo should have come off before him.

Vitinha- Quality, deserved far more playing time after the performance vs Korea. Midfield is difficult to fit him in as we have so many options and striking the correct balance when factoring in the options in attack will be a challenge moving forward.

Ramos- Amazing debut as a starter, and his work rate, link up play, and knack of scoring will be key moving forward. He won't be a world beater ( besides on twitter, as his nickname is now apparently "punhetas":D), but he will be a very good striker.

Santos= out. The team is always the reflection of the coach, and sadly this is what we see imprinted on the field. GTFO. No excuse to keep him after this colossal failure.

10. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    Gay!

That might not even be Ramos, it’s only a video on twitter from what I can tell.

11. Dr. Silva

Dr. Silva Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 11, 2022
    Boston, MA
    Small? Did we watch the same video lmfao dudes cock is humongous

12. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Does his girth make you proud to be Portuguese?

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Amazing text and agreed on all points.

Also wtf happened to this thread lol, a Portuguese dick appreciation thread?

Kid needs to shake it off, everyone has their dick leaked these days online, can't trust the putas lol.

money11 repped this.
  14. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Man you couldn't write this shit

Takes us I don't know how many fkn years to find someone not named Cristiano who can bag goals and the guys beating off on twitter the very next day

Hahahhaha wow

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Watching France Morocco I laughed right from minute 1 and messaged my cousin to say "Look right from the jump France allows Morocco the ball" which is exactly what I said was one of the things Portugal needed to do in order to avoid what happened to Spain. and Sure enough 4 mins later they scored.

I seen the French drive the ball through Morrocco with dribbles *cough* Bernardo Silva *Cough* and easily get through them as well.

To Jec1 who still after all these years has no knowledge of the game, it was obvious how to beat Morocco and the only team to implement the game plan was France. Now watch if Croatia tries that same possession crap that Portugal, Spain, Belgium, and they did in their first game or if they follow France's lead and takes Mourinho's timeless advice on how to beat a strong bunker team.

This in many ways is worse than 2006 because at that time Ronaldo wasn't a legend and had a bright future as well that we faced stiffer competition. I think France was the only threat to us. Argentina had to rely on referees a lot this tournament and buckles worse than Portugal with a lead for the most part. We are superior to Croatia who have been to more Semi Finals at the world cup than us....thats infuriating and a testament to how crap the draw usually is for us but this time it was all on us throwing it away. The final will be heavily called for Messi but still France will win and after drinking their tears in 2016 I am ok with it. Not thrilled but they are the only credible option if it was not us.

Anti Santos and money11 repped this.