World Cup 2022 Kits

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Joao Bibliotecario, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    The home kit is the worst one yet.

2. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nike doesn’t want Portugal to win. No respect for the Portuguese. That has to be the worst kit ever.

3. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Can we just use the old kits? There has to be a petition against this ugly kit. I’m so damn mad.

4. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I can’t imagine our players having confidence with that ugly kit. It’s going to hurt us.

5. overheadkicks

overheadkicks Member

G.D. Chaves
    Portugal
    Feb 14, 2014
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nike (and Puma) released training kits for everyone this year. Everyone's kits are ugly this year with a few exceptions.

Our home kit should always be solid red with a collar. Collar can be gold or green or whatever. With red or green shorts. I have a 1995 home jersey made by Olympic I can't even wear it love it so much.

Away kit should be white and it can be something more sporty.

If it wasn't for the fact that the kit deal is worth millions per year I'd say dont renew the Nike cobtract and let a portugese sporting goods company like lacatoni do it for a few years just to make a statement. Then let Adidas and Nike bid on the contract.

6. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Whatever, IDGAF. We just have to win the World Cup. That’s the only important thing.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What the ******** is that… they’d be perfectly fine kits if the shirt was just red

NewLaw83 repped this.
  8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Horrible.

The away is so imbalanced and awkward.

These fpf/nike clowns marketing of wear the flag is so retarded. Once they brought back green shorts that's exactly what they did. This current home is a joke and if the wanted to "veste a bandiera" for the shirt alone then just the right sleeve and shoulder should have been green vertically.

We have an armillary sphere that is NEVER implemented by nike (yet Olympic did, we have azulejos that is never used by nike (yet kappa did for Vasco da gamas Portugal theme jersey) we have unique cobble stone designs never used by nike. Yet they are doing things "inspired by..." garbage. No thought or effort is done by anyone in nike's design team. Any random fan can design a better shirt on a napkin.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  9. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    The kits are okay. Stop complaining. It’s still better than the all red shit they were wearing for a while.

10. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    Come on dude, the home kit looks like something you buy at the feira

NewLaw83 and overheadkicks repped this.
  11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Better from far. And better than all red. We can never have a lot with zero issues. Euro 2020 is the closest nike had come to giving us an issue free uniform.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can not see Nike or the Portuguese FA making money on these kits if they do it’s a massive surprise just can’t see people walking around in them

overheadkicks repped this.
  13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Let’s face it, if we win with these uniforms, then they will be beautiful lol

overheadkicks repped this.
  14. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    they were the best selling
    Kits in the first day apparently. They are fine and look good on the field. Massive overreaction from people.

15. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    I got the new home jersey, it’s nice

16. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I changed my mind on the new home kits. They are the perfect kit to win the World Cup near Christmas. And everyone that celebrates Christmas would root for us because our kits remind them of Christmas.

NewLaw83 and overheadkicks repped this.