World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also I noticed that 30%, or 300 thousand, of the tickets available in phase 1 are category 4. This is good news as in some of the stadium maps I've seen it looked like the majority of the stadiums consisted of category 1 tickets with very small portions reserved for category 4.

2. Thomas Broening

Aug 20, 2013
    Hello All-

I went to the FIFA page this morning and was a little confused. I am interested in buying a pair of tickets and plan on following the US. I do not know who I will be traveling with and may not for sometime. Can I purchase/reserve two tickets without knowing the name of my "guest ". If I end up trying to resell my second ticket will I be able to pick it up at "ticketing offices" in Brazil without having my "guest " with me? Thanks all. This is my first World Cup.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, you don't have to pick up your ticket at the ticketing office. You can choose you have all your tickets delivered by mail. I'm not sure why anyone would choose to pick up their tickets at a ticketing center.

4. adamks

adamks New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hi BocaFan, where did you find info on how many of each category are in this draw. I am applying with friends and we lots more Cat 1 tickets available, so thought it might be a little fruitless to apply for Cat 2 or 3s as they will be so oversubscribed. But if the release for this draw stage isn't representative of all the tickets on offer perhaps we need another strategy for this round?

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    On the main article on the FIFA page: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/news/newsid=2154491/index.html

But it doesn't tell you how many are available from the other 3 categories.

When you apply for tickets though you can see what the demand is like for each category in each game. Of course, everything is "low demand" right now because it just started, but if you wait until the end of September to apply, you'll have a better idea what categories have the highest demand.

Just an idea. Although it is expected that all matches will have high demand much like in Germany '06.

6. adamks

adamks New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Good point; although I may be too excited to wait until then

7. Kalifornia

Kalifornia Member

May 15, 2006
    San Francisco
    I can only speak from my experience in France when I purchased a "venue series ticket" and had no problem whatsoever. Now, we're 16 years later and things have changed a bit. My understanding is that there are a certain number of venue tickets available (same as team tickets or individual tickets), which makes your chances of getting them higher IF there are comparatively less people requesting them (it's all about statistics, which data you don't have anyway). Considering the sheer size of Brazil and the difficulties - and costs - of traveling from one city to another during the WC - making the "Team tickets" really really expensive -, I'd expect the venue series ticket to be in HIGH demand, especially from the soccer-crazy local fans, not all of them will be requesting Cat. 4 tickets by the way.

BocaFan repped this.
  8. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have some questions. I want to apply for tickets but i'm very concerned I wont be able to find adequate hotel rooms in Sao Paulo and Rio (family of 4). If I request tickets mailed here (USA). How can they be resold on the FIFA ticket exchange? Can they be resold here in the US? Did anyone do this for 2010?

Thanks.

9. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Rio Cat 2 vst's!
    let's do this!

10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Did anyone get an email confirmation of their application? Applied this afternoon, it seemed to go through ok, but no email to confirm.

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    there are no email confirmations. log out of fifa.com and log back in and you'll see your application is still "pending"

you're all set.

3 friends and myself are all applying together to raise our chances of success. in the event we are all successful and get more tickets than our group size...that's what we like to call a "high class problem" i had that same issue and was able to sell my tickets for a nice $$$

12. JeffreyD

JeffreyD New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Do they state this in print anywhere? Is it different, for example, if I apply and request 2 tickets, and a friend did the same, with the idea that we would be going together?

13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Different people can apply for the same tickets in different names. So he can apply and you can too.

14. Chapimp

Chapimp Member

Sep 9, 2004
    I can't get my application to work...I click the top "Apply for Tickets Now" it takes to an image of step by step how to do it.

15. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    In 2010, tickets could be resold up to the point they were printed.
    Contrary to what I said above (somewhere), I did resell some tickets for 2010, but it was so straightforward I forgot it happened. And I got my remaining tickets printed on arrival at Joburg airport. That should work for you, no? Getting tickets sent in the mail probably doesn't help if you want to keep open the chance of resale.

marianelah repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Below those 7 steps there is a button "Apply for Tickets". Click it.

17. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. Since I'm traveling with 2 small children; I'm trying to avoid the problems with airport pickup. I heard some horror stories. Reselling them on stubhub may be an option.

18. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hi AcesHigh:
    I had a real trouble when I was in Copacabana beach(Río de Janeiro) in 2006, wearing my Cobreloa t-shirt (orange colour) in a normal morning. Some children (probably from a favela) tried to steal my money and my club's t-shirt, which was the only bad experience that I had in my 4 visits to Brazil. Fortunately, at the end, I wasn't robbed (I had no money in my short, fortunately). My "portu-ñol" helped me a lot.:)

Talking about the tickets for the WC, the nationality of the people that reserved more tickets today :

1. Brazilians
    2. Argentines
    3. Northamericans
    4. Chileans
    5. English

http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/...s-para-el-mundial-2014/2013-08-20/161014.html (in spanish).

19. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow.

And to think they won't let us play in Porto Alegre. Otherwise the city would have become the unofficial capital of Argentina for about a month...

20. adamks

adamks New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I rang Fifa yesterday to clarify and they say if the same person's name and passport number appears more than once for the same game both applications will be thrown out

JeffreyD and BocaFan repped this.
  21. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    I've heard that people often switch round two of the characters in the passport number on one of the applications, by accident.

wixson7 repped this.
  22. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This may not help but why not avoid SP and Rio and go to one of the other cities with cheaper accommodation and more chance of getting games. Many people are saying they will stay in Rio only and yet the chances of getting tickets are very slim and also everything is horribly expensive.

Once you physically have tickets you cannot resale them through FIFA.

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tickets are going to be popping up on the site at the last minute all teh time and so for many it will be too late to have them posted and they will need to collect. We did it in SA so don't why we cannot do it in Brazil.

24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    That's good to know, thanks for that. I'll have to go edit one of mine if possible. I wonder if you can just put any number down for the passport number? I cant see them checking every name against their passport number.

25. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Can anyone supply the link for the downloadable application form which can be posted/faxed to FIFA?