World Cup 2014 preparations

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by AcesHigh, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why dont we have a forum only to discuss preparations (cities/stadiums) for the 2014 Cup???

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hardly any discussion in any of the topics about the issues and quite frankly, not many here are following it that closely. Most of the real sources are in Portuguese only and a lot of our members here don't understand it.

I think a topic would be good enough for now. If it happens to get a lot of activity, maybe it would warrant a forum section -- but I doubt that happens.

3. Flandre

Flandre Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  4. fivestarverdeamarelo

Jul 24, 2011
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would love to have a topic about this. On skyscrapercity.com they have a section called stadiums under construction that talks in great detail about the progress of each stadium being built for the world cup. There are tons of pictures too.

5. fivestarverdeamarelo

Jul 24, 2011
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Very good site about stadium and infrastructure progress. There is an option for english and portuguese on the website.

http://www.copa2014.org.br/en/

6. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am a member of Skyscrapercity.

I think you are talking about the international forum about stadium construction. Because inside the Brazilian Forum at SSC there is a subsection for the 2014 World Cup where each stadium has its own thread.

Everything posted at the international forum is just a sample of what is posted on the brazilian subforum.

the Arena Palestra, Grêmio Arena and Morumbi, however, are under the subsection PROJETOS (of the brazilian forum, of course).

although the Grêmio Arena is also present on the international stadium construction forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Potentially this could be Brazil's big break into becoming one of the best leagues in the world.

The CBF need to scrape the domestic competition, the stadium's don't fill and they could use that calender space to create a more worthwhile competition, or perhaps expand the Brasileiro Série A to 48 or 50 games a season and give a longer break at pre-season.

8. sumai

sumai New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I read this article that says Brazil is hopelessly behind schedule in its preparation to host the World Cup. Is this true? Is there anybody from Brazil who can confirm the state of preparation?
    http://alturl.com/mxq2n

9. Flandre

Flandre Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yes. That is correct sir. It's a complete mess. But everybody here knew it would be exactly the way it has transpired so far given the track record of the people who have been in charge of CBF since 1989.

10. matematicakommando

matematicakommando New Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you want to see the problems of our country in contrast with this wonderful event:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EqcvUUPKo"]‪Welcome to BRAZIL!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That dude is bitter:p

Of course Brazil has many problems and a lot needs to be fixed until the World Cup and the Olympics. I'm sure there could be a similar video about every country in the world, a video pointing out only the problems.

The dude makes it look like it's sure that you will get robbed if you go to Brazil. That's just stupid. I never been robbed in Brazil.

I noticed that many things improved in Rio during the last couple of years. Even that there is a long way to go, I believe that we will make it. The WC in Brazil will be one of the best ones ever:cool:

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That video is awful. He over exaggerates many issues. Obviously he has some sort of beef with someone -- mostly politically, as he shows in his video.

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Maracana before (under construction) and after (click for larger)
    [​IMG]

14. Flandre

Flandre Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  15. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, i have been robbed before (in Cumbica, no less)... but that doesn't take away the fact that i love my Brasil

Even though there's lot to be pessimistic about current issues, i think that we'll pull through. Hell, the Copa and Olympics are pretty damn important and Brasil can't afford to screw that up now

16. fivestarverdeamarelo

Jul 24, 2011
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The dude looks like some upper middle class spoiled paulista that needs a spoon fed to his mouth all the time..(No pun intended paulistas! :) ) I never had problems in Brazil with being jacked or problems getting on flights at airports in Brazil. And this thing about Guarulhos being the worst in Latin America is not very accurate because you also have to take into account that INFRAERO in the past would send all domestic flights going in and out of the country to Guarulhos so OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE THE WORST ONE when they are overloading the damn place right?? If the flights were spreadout more evenly around the country the guarulhos airport would be less congested.

17. ChadAllen

ChadAllen New Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy in that video is definitely bitter against Brazil. He probably wants to live in the U.S. but cant get a visa. I'm American and im living in Sao Paulo right now. The likelihood of you getting robbed here is probably exactly the same as you getting robbed in New York City. The only differences between the U.S. and Brazil that i really notice is of course portuguese and more importantly, the lack of a strong middle class. The upper class people here are terrified of being robbed and have many stories and techniques of preventing robbery they like to share. I havnt seen anything yet. Brazil is a great ********in place and i think all americans esp. soccer fans, need to brush up on their portuguese and come have some fun cuz thats what brazilians are all about. The World Cup is gonna be fine, I just know everybody is gonna be talkin shit to me here because im American lol but im ok with that.

18. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hahahaha:D Why you saying that? I don't think anyone will talk shit to you because you are American. I believe the majority here on this forum lives in the US.

But that's interesting, to hear how a American living in São Paulo sees the things.

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Good to see Timao are finaly getting their own stadium - I remember it being talked about by the club president 30 years ago! Lula has said the stadium will open the Copa in 2014 - but not with a 48,000 capacity it won't. FIFA will need more than that.

20. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's going to be great to watch, the atmosphere, the new stadiums, the summer, the worlds greatest in one stage.

I can't wait ;)

Deutschland!

21. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ............you have to qualify first (!)

22. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha :)

You guys get a free pass ofcourse so you guys better get your team together by then ;)

I shall look forward to the Germany vs brazil rematch ;)

23. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I went to Stuttgart and you boys outplayed us. We will try our best to be a match for you in 2014!

24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazil + world cup + summer + samba = party of a life time!

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    actually, winter.

southern Brazil, June 2011
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXWWySntVK4"]NEVE no Rio Grande do Sul - Segunda-feira, 27 6 2011 - RBSTVRS. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2A6qnYJEc"]O Frio e o gelo no sul do Brasil- Santa Catarina - JORNAL NACIONAL - YouTube[/ame]

the snowfall in 2010 was stronger however
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5E_0Uh2hyE"]Segundo dia de neve no Sul do Brasil - YouTube[/ame]