World Cup 2010: Your Portugal 23 - man Squad Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Joelzinho, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Varela MOM by a mile two assits should of been 3. Micael so so.

2. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    The best part - that first goal: Ruben -> Varela -> Meireles -> goal. Quick, simple, smart, clinical. 3 potential NT'ers. Against one of the best D's in the league.

Varela is showing up in big game after big game. Ruben too. Varela can cross with either foot accurately (live and learn Quaresma). Just knowing that these guys will be sitting on the bench is a huge boost of morale for the team (and fans).

Eduardo - it's tough for any goalie to give up 5 goals, but I honestly can't blame him for any of them. He made plenty of saves and only had a chance at one of them (the long-distance blast) but even then the ball took a deflection. (and he saved two other deflected shots).

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I still feel confident with Eduardo. He makes a few mistakes sometimes but is much more solid the Quim or Patricio.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just goes to show you how quickly things could change in international football

a few months back nobody would have expected guys like Ruben Micael, and especially Varela to be NT material...

I just hope CQ picks the best players for the job when the final call ups are announced.

I dont want Deco on the pitch because for every could pass he makes hell mde 3,4 passes to the opposition team.

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Deco has been on vacation mode this whole season

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO