World Cup 2006, Game 4, Second Round: Ecuador vs England

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Suarez is to blame for the way they played after Spice Boy's goal. I am however gutted by the attitude they took after that. I really hope the "leaders" of Ecuadorian soccer address this mindset issue that always rears its ugly head with Ecuadorian teams. I'm very disappointed right now. I'm happy with them overall, but today's second half performance is eating away at me. We freakin' had them!! I mean, that was England there! We freakin' had them! Damn!!! Damn!!! Damn!!! What the hell was going on their heads???? I am gutted!!! I need to go vent!! Damn!!!

2. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Stats:

Eng -------- Ecu

4 Shots on Goal 3
    8 Shots 9
    13 Fouls 24
    5 Corner Kicks 7
    2 Free Kicks 0
    3 Offsides 6
    3 Yellow Cards 3
    0 Red Cards 0
    49% Ball Possession 51%

3. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I think no one is to blame. Ecuador did very good despite the tremendous heat. I was there but unfortunatly I could not see Ecuaodor's last game. The heat was unbarable! The humidity was awful. This weather was bad for both teams yetm Ecuador still had that beautiful futbol despite the heat.

There is a saying up here, "the English are Jammy" meaning that they are lucky.

That could have been a 1-1 game maybe even 2-1 had Tenorios's ball got in.

God, i was in the plane coming to the states and I missed the second half. The Captain announced the score and I ws left speechless. I put my hat over my eyes and started to cry by myself. It hurt

But I thank Suarez for all his efforts and the our NT for all the hard work they put into this tournament.

Let's keep going forward and see what else is out htere for us.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the future of ecuadorian soccer looks very bright in my opinion with players like valencia in europe...as the old guard begins to exit, tin, hurtado, etc. all we can do is say goodbye but thank them for all the accomplishments which they have achieved for the country, our dreams would be dead without them

5. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope the players in Europe actually get playing time though. I know DLC has pretty much been on the bench. I don't know about Valencia. I think the main thing Ecuador needs to do is raise the standards now. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that they settled.

6. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    exactly!

i think some of us are forgetting that were in the infancy of ecuadorian futbol.

really, i mean only about 12-16 yrs ago is when we finally began importing colombian coaches and started soccer schools to develop talent. all this is fruit of maturana, and the guy be4 him who i forget his name, then bolillo gomez y ahora LFS.

the fact that we made our 1st WC ever in KJ2002 and now again in 06' and made the 2nd round in only our 2nd WC ever, and battled to the end versus england and lost only 1-0 is great for ecua futbol! were set in the books now as a team that can play with the big boys and hold its own.

was i kinda dissapoinetd, sure, we all were , but im happy for where Ecuadorian futbol is going! now lets just wait for copa america 2007!

7. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Say it baby say it!

:cool:

8. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah...I agree with all of you. I actually have some old VHS tapes of the Copa America 93 that was played in Ecuador. I also have the last game that Ecuador played in the qualifier for USA 94. Of those players, the only one that is still playing in the national team is Ivan Hurtado. Let me tell you guys, Ecuadorian soccer has made it a LONG way! The coach at the time was a Serb name Dussan Drascovic. I think he was the one that actually started it all. For those of you that remember, Maturana came extremely close to qualifying for France 98. Either way, the team we have now is worlds better than what we had in 93. I am very proud of what they accomplished. I think that now we all just have to raise our standards. In another board, I admitted that before this WC started, I told a few people that all I wanted was for Ecuador to qualify to the next stage. I also told a few people that I just hoped we didn't get "goleados". How can I criticize the team if am also guilty of having that ************ mind set that probably cost them the game yesterday? I think that we have to raise our standards as Ecuadorians for not just our soccer, but for the whole nation.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well said...development everywhere is needed....this time in 4 years we will probably see more 15 and 16 year old prodigies coming out of ecuador for soccer and more and more players going off to duke it out with the euros on the big stage....see u in four years lol!!!!

10. CA1269VA

CA1269VA Member

May 20, 2006
    Miami
    Hey you big guys:

Why dont you take a look to "Which country is 3rd" in the South America and Conmebol Forum, just to see what is the people of This continent thinking about your awful celebration for loosing against this horrible team of England...:confused:

11. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I You are right. I have mentioned before that we Ecuadorians have to have the winning mentality. I mean cmon you people, our NT was prefectly capable of going to the finals. We had everything for us as a team. We did not anticipate poor referees which is what got us. I also think that (IMO) Suarez was playing it a little to cautious. If truly Surez wanted Ecuaodr to be aggressive on that HOt MOFO day, he would have opened with all three strikers, Tenorio, Delgado and Kaviedes. Those guys know eachother well. Any going off on a tangent here:D
    We are capable and all we need is us to promote that posistive mental attitdue that can spread and touch Ecuas to think big. We got what it takes and we have something very special, the Ecuadorian heart.

Why settle for second or third best when you have every right to go for the big kill.

Our NT proved that we can go all the way and all we can do now is to go foward .....SIGUE ADELANDE.

Now its up to us to hold the torch when it comes to representing our Ecuas.

12. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Listen why don't you go kill yourself already!

13. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy's girl probably left him for an Ecuadorian.

14. CA1269VA

CA1269VA Member

May 20, 2006
    Miami
    Hahahaha, first funny thing you said....

15. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL!

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member