World Cup 2006, Game 4, Second Round: Ecuador vs England

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG] V [​IMG]

Ecuador vs England
    • Date: Sunday, 25 June 2006​
    • TV: Live 11:00am ET Univision, ABC, ABC HD​
    • Venue: Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion, Stuttgart​
    [​IMG]

Historic match. The most important game in the history of Ecuadorian football. Ecuador's A team is back to face one of the favorites to win the World Cup. A quarterfinal spot is at stake.

Possible lineups?

Mora
    De La Cruz, Hurtado, Espinoza, Reasco
    Mendez, E. Tenorio, Castillo, Valencia
    Delgado, C. Tenorio

Robinson
    Carragher, Ferdinand, Terry, A.Cole
    Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole
    Rooney, Owen/Crouch

2. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Sorry To Say This, But After I Have Seen Today And Even With The Actual Line Up Ready To Go Back Agaisnt England, The Dream Is Over

3. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't know where your sorry @$$ is from, but the dream is not over until the final whistle! with our best 11, we will stand a much better chance and put on a better display then todays, no doubt about that.

4. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    OK TELL YOU WHAT, I HAVE TO GIVE YOU GUYS CREDIT, YOU DID A MAGNIFICENT JOB IN THIS GROUP, BUT I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE UP THERE YET. ENGLAND, EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT IMPRESS ME A LOT YET, ITS TOO GOOD FOR ECUADOR, BUT LIKE THEY SAY IOT 11 AGAISNT 11, WE WILL SEE THAT ON SUNDAY

5. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Plus We All Know That Suarez I Gonna Come Out With Only One Foward, Tin Delgado, What Is Gonna Do Agaisnt The Likes Of Ferdinand, John Terry And Co?????

6. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    wrong! that would be a tactic only Gomez would use! suarez plays with 2 fowards, and that will most likely be Tin and Tenorio, and Kaviedes as a sub.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lara had a pretty nice display against the germans throwin them off balance a few times n runnin wit alot of speed...any takers on him comin on the pitch as a sub??

8. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Nice team this time but I cant see England losing. Owen is out so thats an Ecuadorian plus. Delgado, who has been noted as not being fit for a full match should pose a threat. Good luck but its about time the Ecuadorians started showing what they were about, because they have impressed me but not against good opposition.

9. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who's the ref for the game?????

10. luis1950

luis1950 Member

Emelec
    Ecuador
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ecuador
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No matter what happens
    we´ll never forget next Sunday

11. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

you mean this sunday!

in 4 days the most important game in Ecuadorian futbol starts!

vamos ecuador!

12. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    8 reasons of why we can and will beat England!

England is obviously NOT playing there best football right now, and they play a strong Ecuador team next. i will however state that history plays a big part in football and that heavily favors england......

But, lets look at the facts and be rationale unbiased and ponder whether or not Ecuador can make more history here........

1-owen. micheal appears to be deff out of the WC after his injury. there is no deffinitive answer on how bad it is, but it sure looked bad. plus, lets consider he is coming off a major injury allready and was trying to regain his form, now this! deff not good for him and englands striker options.

2-rooney. wayne is also coming off an injury and does not look the same. also, none of the superstars (except for messi might i add) have performed well so far and this isnt good for englands "wonder boy"

3-terry. solid and amazing at chelsea, with england, i saw him make some childish mistakes that could cost them dearly.

4-rio. is he injured? why did SGE take him out today? anyone know why?

5- with the way refs are going, and gerrards/lamps aggresive style of play, 1 of them is bound to be red carded against ecuador.

6-they are not in form.

7-Ecuador have a very good team, and if it england was only able to beat paraguay, a team of similar capabilities as ecuador, who is to say that this couldnt be a close draw.

8-there are allways upsets. with Ecuador being one of the surprise packages so far, it is possible, this is the WC and anything can happen.

13. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
  14. edu0920

edu0920 New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    USA
    Sunday the biggest game of ECUADORS HISTORY...shit is goin to be hott..if they winn oo my godd...im goin to celebrate it with a bottle of ZHUMIR...if they loose still got to drink cus of the loss

15. football_research

Jun 22, 2006
    Estoy haciendo una investigación sobre los aficionados al fútbol durante el mundial y me sería de gran ayuda si pudieras completar mi cuestionario que se encuentra en la página web http://socipc14.vub.ac.be/survey/football/ecu/ . Esto es un proyecto científico (forma parte de mi doctorado) y el cuestionario esta en un servidor de la Universidad de Bruselas, Bélgica.
    Hay un incentivo para los participantes: pueden entrar en un sorteo de vales con valor de $35 (que podras gastar en una tienda en el internet).
    El cuestionario es fácil de seguir y lleva 10 minutos, más o menos, en completarlo.
    ¡Muchas gracias por tu participación!

Thomas Pollet - Newcastle University

16. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Re: 8 reasons of why we can and will beat England!

iz diz ur page???kool song.....ama send a request.....

17. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

WE CAN BEAT ENGLAND......ALL WE GOTA WORRY ABOUT IS LAMPARD N GERRALD....N DER DEFENSE IS WEAK BECUASE A.COLE ATTACK A LOT...N RIO CAN MAKE MISTAKES......WHEN OUR SECRET WEAPON, EL DIABLITO, COMES IN WE WILL CATCH DEM OFF GUARD...

18. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is some game Ecuador has got on the horizon. Personally, I know it will be extremely tough, but I do think they have a chance. It will all depend on their attitude. They can't come out scared or awestruck. God I hope Coach Suarez can address that! They have to believe that they can hang with anyone of these so-called "elite" teams. Thay have what it takes as far as physical strength and stamina is concenred. What they need is moral and psychological strength. I am convinced that if the Ecuadorian players believe....truely believe they can win, then we will all be celebrating like never before on Sunday.

FIGHT ON ECUADOR!!

19. Swab the poopdeck

Swab the poopdeck New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    in gurland
    I have no idea what kind of England team will play against Ecuador, but we could be good or we could be terrible.

I really wish I could say a bit more... but Sven is a total mystery/idiot.

Anyway, good luck, may the best team win etc.

20. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Ecuas going to eat these english muffins for breakfast!

:) :D

21. ÑañoMono84

ÑañoMono84 New Member

Jun 18, 2006
    I think Ecua will do well, it will be hard and intense, but!!! I say Ecuador no matter what the out come, earned respect, and made every team aware of them, and not to be taken lightly!

22. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well...1st off I have to say that the Owen injury is unfortunate. It sucks that a player of his caliber is out of this world cup, BUT as an Ecuadorian fan, we need all the help we can get. I hope England suffers a similar fate as the Czech Republic. I don't remember the guy's name, but he was the man that scored the insane header against the US. Anyway, that man was injured shortly after and never played again. You know what else happened? Czech Republic never won again, After that amazing game against the US, they lost two straight games. Like I said earlier, I hope England suffers a similar fate. It is tough on a team's morale to lose a comrade. I know it's not nice of me to be wishing this on England, but Ecuador needs every advantage.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    neville is out??? thats wat i heard

24. luis1950

luis1950 Member

Emelec
    Ecuador
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ecuador
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is it!! Do or Die!!
    Ecuador 1 England 0