World Cup 2006, Game 1: Ecuador vs Poland

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Pingudo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ALL 4 defenders were superb! not even 1 mistake.

tenorio y castillo in the middle were amazin! trabajaron como burros and they really supported mendez y valencia.

carlos tenorio is fast. i had never seen him play, hes good.

la defensa me parece muy muy buena.

ivan y DLC por la derecha, y espinoza y reascos por la izq.

i like our chances now! but we need to beat costa rica!

2. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thats so horrible. LoL. BECAUSE ITS THRILLER...

Darkness Falls Across The Land
    The Midnite Hour Is Close At Hand
    Creatures Crawl In Search Of Blood
    To Terrorize Y'awl's Neighbourhood
    And Whosoever Shall Be Found
    Without The Soul For Getting Down
    Must Stand And Face The Hounds Of Hell
    And Rot Inside A Corpse's Shell
    The Foulest Stench Is In The Air
    The Funk Of Forty Thousand Years
    And Grizzy Ghouls From Every Tomb
    Are Closing In To Seal Your Doom
    And Though You Fight To Stay Alive
    Your Body Starts To Shiver
    For No Mere Mortal Can Resist
    The Evil Of The Thriller

seriously though... he DID play great. they all did. I hope they're up for the Costa Rica game.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wonder what this wc will do for valencia considering all that has happened in spain.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If he has another good game like that I definitly believe VillaReal will bring him back and at least have him coming off the bench. That boy is a talent.

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Lara gets to run at a tired Costa Rican defense in the 2nd half of the next game.

6. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    the time has come for my input hehe :cool: . What a great game we played, we should be proud of our seleccion and our country for representing ecuador in the best way! Viva Ecuador, SI SE PUDOO!!!! The players that really stood out for me were Carlos Tenorio, I. Hurtado, Reasco, Espinoza and Valencia. All u can say about C. Tenorio is WOW, what speed he possesses and beautiful finish for the first goal. He should be able to drive the Costa Rica and Germany defense wild. Hurtado was Hurtado, showing us all why he is our beloved Captain. Reasco proved most of his naysayers wrong by showing his effectiveness in defense and still looking dangerous when going up front. Espinoza was A HUGE SOMBRA and im sure the man we love to critisize is being scouted very closely after that performance. Valencia looked great as well, makes one wonder why hes not on Villareals starting 11 :confused: . A great victory like this one does not occur without the participation of the 11 players on the field. Everyone played great including Mora even though to me too he loooked too shaky for comfort in some of the Polish crosses. With all the positives, I must say there is still LOTS of room for improvement. Particularly up front where Ecuador need to try to create a little more attack, and secondly in sending De La Cruz up down his flank. De La Cruz has proven to be UNSTOPPABLE going up and down that right side and although it wasnt necessary against the Poles, we must try to put that in effect against Costa Rica and Germany. Another point that has me really worried is the health of our Captain. It is not normal to see Hurtado down and then substituted. I know it could be a precautionary measure but he did look uncomfortable. Anybody know of his status for Thursday?????

P.S: I'm even happy with Kaviedes as i had this nasty feeling inside of me that he wasn't going to pass it over to Tin and go for it himself but luckily he did make that pass! Mostly chasing balls from the moment he stepped on but what else was there to do really at that point? So far so good Ivan, good job.... to everyone :)

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes, this was a game to be proud of!!

afa10efe, Hurtado is going to be 100% for the next game. Suarez took him out just to be on the safe side, but I watched a report on Ecuavisa, and variois of the players, including Hurtado, was interviewed. He said he feels fine now and he will be ready to lead Ecuador to victory again vs. Wanchope and Costa Rica.

Yah, Espinosa showed us why we should have more faith in him! I won't say what has already been said hundred times over, but man, he was playing like his life depended on it, which is the attitude that I feel all the players had!

Kaviedes was a good help off the bench, and whether he starts vs. Costa Rica or comes on as an impact sub, I'm happy. Too bad we didn't see Lara, and only few minutes for Urrutia, but I can't complain!

We now face a familiar opponent in Costa Rica! No surprises here, it should be ours, but I hope Tin will be able to put away more effectively! he blazed one over the top he should have calmly just tapped in! Please Tin, I know you are a legend and hero to many of us, but don't show mercy! :p

8. ogedei

ogedei New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    :eek:
    There are 10 teams in CONMEBOL and 52 in UEFA zone. If Uruguay qualified, there would have been 5 teams, which means 50% of total :eek:.
    Dude, go get a calculator.

9. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Still, you want a real good soccer show. Invite all the South Americans teams in ;).

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    you wonder why? Two words for you; Diego Forlan

It was a great game. I was at the game and I finally have internet access to write about my experience.

First, I am now In Prague. I've been watching the world cup on a huge screen in the middle of "the square"

second - The Poish people are so kind and friendly. I've never met such nicer opponents than th Polish. They know what the true meaning of the word sportsmanship. We were out numbered with polish supporters in the statium but I never heard such strong and loud Ecuadorian supporters as I did in Gelsenkirchen.

I met this tushbag (he thought it was funny to take my drum away) head of security who stopped me from bringing in my drum because it was too big. I took his Id number to report him but he covered his name. Nevertheless, I complained and got my drum back and thank God I did. The guy who helped me saw that i was literally about to cry. Go figure! Me, 35 years old and I was nearly in tears. Make no mistake, the German people were very helpful and kind.

I was near the front on the lower level where my drum was heard by everyone. I knew we wer going to win then. Our NT felt the imense love that the Ecuadorians showing. My fingers were bleeding and my arm and chest muscles were cramping. I was screaming so loud that at times, I nearly blacked out.

I never saw such beautiful defense in my life. Maybe I am being a bit biased but our defense was so on the money. The weird thing is, I can't just say it was "La Sombra" or REasco, DLC ect. Everyone, I mean Everyone did there job with elegance. Everyone was perfect! I have to see the game on tv to really get a better understand of what we did but from what i saw, We are indeed ready to take the crown from Brazil.

I saw one of our boys limping. I didn't know who he was becuase my vision was blocked by our huge Ecuadorian flag. Anyone know who he was?

Anyway, if you have happened to see a guy with a red pimp hat and a big bass drum, that would be me:D

"a parase Ecuador! boom, boom boom, boom, boom, boom, booom

11. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What are you doing in Prague? The Wolrd Cup is in Germany :eek:

And be careful, ever seen the movie "Hostel" :D

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    LOL

Germany is too expensive and I always wanted to see prague. Very cheap. You get A lot of Koronas for the U.S dollar. The Sterling is powerful though. Lost alot of money in the currency exchange.

I'll be in Hamburg on the 15th to watch the Ecuador vs Costa Rica game.

well, Going to see the Charles bridge now.

Everyone thought here that Poland was going to win.

yeah, Altitude my @ss.

13. ogedei

ogedei New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    No no, it would be Copa America. I've seen it 2 years ago. Was it really great? I don't remember to enjoy it much. Maybe partially because i didn't cheer for any team.
    But still, instead Venezuela, Bolivia or Peru i would like to see Denamrk, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, etc., etc. better.:cool:
    So, all i'm saying is that 5 spots for CONMEBOL is enough.
    If FIFA decided to take away any spot from UEFA, then i would better want to see one more team from Africa. It would always be some fresh blood, and more interesting to see something new. Just look at Ivory Coast. They showed really interesting football against Argentina. They are a quality team and could tie against Argentina if they didn't lack in experience in intercontinental events. I'm impressed with them, it was a pleasure to watch them playing, far more than Paraguay or Ecuador, or any other european team so far (maybe excluding Holland and Germany).

14. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think you missed the most important part. Y como son las jevas? :D

15. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    5 Spots aint enough, bad enough its really only 4 spots and 1 playoff spot. I say 5 spots and 1 playoff spot. Too much talent in South America, World Cup has been in South America now for how many years with the current Champs being Brazil. Conmebol=Too Much Ginga ;)

16. ogedei

ogedei New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Too much talent in South America? Maybe, but only Brazil and Argentina can exploit it properly.
    Yes, 4 assured spots, but if you are so confident in talent of the SA players, it shouldn't be a problem for them to win the playoff and take the fifth spot. Btw., talent is not the main key to success in today's football.

Maybe Uruguayans aren't that talented :confused:. They failed to beat Aussies :eek:. I repeat: Aussies. Aussies, who have almost none traditions in this sport.
    So maybe players from SA aren't more talented than players from other parts of the world, or maybe players from other parts of the world are as talented as those from SA. Why not giving them a chance. If we just consider the successes in WC, then there should only play teams from SA and Europe.

Keep in mind this (percentage of teams that have an opportunity to qualify):
    CONMEBOL - 50%, 4+1 spots per 10 teams
    UEFA - 26.9%, 14 spots per 52 teams
    CONCACAF - 11.4%, 4 spots per 35 teams
    CAF - 9.4%, 5 spots per 53 teams
    ASF - 8.8%, 4 spots per 46 teams
    OFC - 8.3%, 1 spot per 12 teams

And you want more for SA? :eek: GREEDY :cool:.

The final conclusion:
    4+1 is enough (and maybe way too much :D) for CONMEBOL:cool:.

17. Marko2

Marko2 New Member

May 18, 2006
  18. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Like I said, way too much talent. And where may you be from? Your so quick to judge the Conmebol but you come here with no location or favorite team.

19. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay and Colombia might have brought some good futbol to the cup. but who knows.

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia nor Uruguay deserved to go to the wc. Colombia has a bunch of talent, but was poor for most of qualifying. Uruguay was just as poor and failed against Australia. 4.5 spots is just right for me. edit: asia should only have 3.5 though.

21. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If I ain't mistaken Uruguay didn't lose a single game in the 2nd round of qualifying. They deserved it in my opinion.

22. ogedei

ogedei New Member

Aug 20, 2005

Judging CONMEBOL? :eek::confused: Read my posts once more. I don't see any judgement, just hypothesises.
    I'm just trying not to be blind. If you live in the convicion of superiority of whole SA football then wake up, the world is chasing very fast. I can name tens of teams from other continents that are at least the same level that half of the teams in CONMEBOL.

If you used the search option you would know where i'm from. But maybe you keep track only in Ecua subforum. It would clarify a lot, since you don't follow anything outside SA.

Uruguay - Australia 1:0 0:1 p.2:4

23. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Poland? Explains everything and then some.

24. ogedei

ogedei New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Yes, Poland.

Explains everything? Like what? Post some examples.

25. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Explains why your here and not in the Poland forums ;)