World’s most modern baseball stadium

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SportsGuru2010, Nov 12, 2010.

1. SportsGuru2010

SportsGuru2010 New Member

May 17, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Now different modern baseball arenas in the U.S and all over the world, but question arises when it comes to the most modern and state of the art, well seating capacity stadium. Make a choice of the most modern and well equipped stadium in U.S.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? Of any sport baseball values modernity the least.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I'm not sure how much I'm enjoying a new ballpark. I've found myself at Citi Field and almost never in my seat. Maybe it's still the newness of it all but I'm constantly walking around, looking at things, taking it all in. I'll spend time behind right center, waiting on line at one of those delicious vendors. I'll catch half an inning at the Shea Bridge or some other part of the park catching the game from every angle. A lot of other times, I'm missing shit because I'm climbing up the stairs, heading back to the Promenade, where I belong.

Shea was a dump, yes. I don't think anyone will deny that. But the simplicity of it, I now find it endearing. It was symmetrical and laid out so that it's pretty damn easy to figure out where you are sitting (odd numbers 1st base side, even numbers, 3rd base side). And it had so little amenities that you really had no choice but to stay in your seat and watch the game, except for when you wanted the occasional cigarette on the ramp (which they banned the last couple of seasons; surprised it took 'em that long). And Shea had the biggest damn scoreboard you'd ever seen, with two-thirds of if devoted to a giant ad for Anheuser-Busch (usually Budweiser). But it was flanked by the full lineups for each team with their number, position and a nice little red dot letting you know who was up and coming up the next half of the inning.

Yes, Shea had its faults. No doubt about that. But it truly served its purpose in more ways than I ever thought a new ballpark would.

4. GoBPS

GoBPS New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's the inside that counts. The players lounge at the new Yankee Stadium is incredible.