[Women's U20 World Championship] Final: China vs North Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by llee4131, Sep 3, 2006.

1. llee4131

llee4131 New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    OMG it just ended 5-0 to North Koreans. They've won their first trophy in this level and this was the first time they participated in Women's U20 Championship. :eek:

2. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    An article on this:

http://www.fifa.com/en/news/feature/0,1451,121386,00.html?articleid=121386

LOL, get ready for the horde of chinese lurkers (why are they lurking the korean forum anyway?) to make their presence known .. how dare these upstart koreans beat the mighty chinese? :p

But on a serious note, that's a thrashing .. considering that china's women team is a power, this is highly significant even if it is under 20's.

3. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Wow, 5 - 0?

4. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    The North Korean Women's Team is like a mob. o_O

6. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Talk about poor refereeing .. two absolutely blatant handballs. You might excuse the second, but the first is as deliberate as they come .. you don't go flailing your arms in the penalty box ffs.

And to add insult to injury, the classless chinese fans in the end were throwing bottles and obviously provoking the players .. just note all the flag and placard waving.

No class whatsoever, how could anyone take pride in winning in such fashion?

7. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, the German manager did comment after the group stage match between NK and Germany where they lost 2-0, that they were lucky to lose by just 2 goals... Considering the Germans aren't that a shabby side it was an early sign of the great things to come for the NK ;)

8. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I saw some glimpes of the NK vs. Brazil match, and NK purely outclassed them in all aspects. Passing, Dribbling, Strength, running you name it.

Almost thought they played like guys. :eek: <- Nothing to be proud of if you ask me :D

9. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    man what awful refereeing. but it's also obvious that the NK players have no professionalism. They just get pissed off and make sure that the referees becomes their enemies. Just really dumb and amateurish.

10. hanul21

hanul21 Member+

Dec 26, 2004
    Club:
    Incheon United
  11. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Lol, watching the highlights, they celebrate their goals a lot like men as well.

12. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    The first and last goals were absolutely world class ..

That little touch to side-step the keeper, while putting the ball straight onto the other foot ready for a shot. Pure technique plus two footedness.

And that last goal, not quite as good as the first one, but very good technically. Sure there was no defense, but to have the technique to put a bouncing greasy ball into the net using the outside of the foot .. Alan shearer would be proud of that.

13. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    The south korean national team should get lessons from these dykes...im talking about both men and women's sknt's..

14. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not only that, NK could've WON!

15. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gayass racism

(i'm a hypocrite):eek:

16. celebratetheday

celebratetheday New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Seoul/South Korea
    NK found that their women national team can compete with the world leveled class teams after they found their men team is very hard to raise under their current political/economic situation.

In this FIFA women's U20 championship -I think NK was very dominating .
    Good Job.

:cool:

17. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    :confused: How should women celebrate? I saw lot of running around and hugging.