Women's Soccer

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Feb 21, 2010.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Selección femenina hace historia al clasificar al Mundial Sub-20

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Re: U-20 women's team qualifies for Germany 2010

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWiZjWJIhQ"]Costa Rica v Cuba Highlights[/ame]

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gqOjAv71TY"] Guatemala v Costa Rica Highlights[/ame]

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-RysI49UU"]USA v Costa Rica Highlights[/ame]

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5omevvxrk"]Costa Rica v Canada Highlights[/ame]

6. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Costa Rica announce squad for the CONCACAF 2012 women's Olympic qualifying tournament in Vancouver

7. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  8. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  9. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Re: Costa Rica (2) - Haiti (0) video

The CRC NT has looked very good in the Vancouver tournament. Unfortunately Canada is beating them 3-0 so it looks like they will face the U.S. in the semis. Too bad, I actually think CR is better than Mexico.

10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpoc_9tauD8"]Canada 2012: Canada 5 - 1 Costa Rica[/ame]

We've always had a problem with Canada at every level.

11. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Costa Rica had some good moments in that match. Similar to many of the other countries that go up against the big "two" in the region, CR needed better fitness and coaching. Those girls have better technical skills than their opponents up north. With better training and the proper resources, they could develop into one of the more formidable sides in CONCACAF.

Also, I've said this before: Canada often looks good against, young, inexperienced sides.

12. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Women's soccer in Costa Rica has improved...but just by watching the goals it's obvious we aren't even close to consistently beat all 3 North American teams. We've suprised Canada and I think Mexico in the past...but it's not enough especially with the resources we have. If the men don't have great resources then it's unlikely the women ever will.

USA is going to demolish us...our only hope is if we play with 11 defenders....USA hits the post on every shot...and we score a lucky goal or a USA defender scores an own goal:D.

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    It's a shame because there is so much potential... IMO the Ticas are better than Mexico.

14. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yes, CR is a decent side. Don't let the scorelines fool you: these young ladies know how to play futbol as the game should be played. They are young and not as physically strong as the better funded programs. But adequate time in the gym could rectify that problem in a minute. In fact, that was Mexico's problem last night against the US: they weren't in shape!

If CR had the funding that the US, or even Canada had, they would have a very dominate squad.

I got the Mexican flag in my avatar(only for the qualifiers, as I generally support Brasil's women's side) but I support countries like CR in there development of the women's game. Since the win-loss ratio against the central American teams is so lopsided, the casual observer of the women's game would be led to believe that the North Americans play superior soccer and that is just simply not true. They have the money and resources to compete and have done so for a very long time. A little bit effort on the part of the other CONCACAF federations would go a long way in making the women's game very competitive in the region.

15. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  16. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Sele se despide de Londres 2012

17. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  18. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I agree. At least we seem to have the technical part down.