Wolves

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Jan 15, 2011.

1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Almost went to bed at halftime (being 3am in Australia)

Very glad I didn't, two of the best goals I've ever seen.

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Tevez is a beast, i'm continuously amazed at how hard he chases players down.

Yaya, IMO, is the best signing of the year. We thought he would be overly defensive but hes doing quite a bit in attack and has a great change of speed.

5. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was a whole lot more exciting than I would have liked at the end.

I only had the radio feed. How did Dzeko look?

6. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked good. I think early on we were reluctant to play 6 yarders to him, but he may be the best we have in these regards and if a team is going to press that high up, you have to take a chance deep. He drew a nice foul early, went quite for a bit... then in the second half made a great run only to have a poor touch off his chest. But is very creative with the ball at his feet, he did a clever little cutback from the left after dribbling to the endline... not to mention that he dribbled around two wolves earlier in the match. Had a couple decent but always deflected shots.

I'd keep him:D

7. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too close for comfort. :eek:

Our defence was poor today besides Kolarov, who was excellent and made two crucial blocks.

When we hit our peak we were unstoppable though. Dzeko had a very very good debut and showed why he gets so many assists with some unselfish football, setting up Yaya's goal. Yaya should have had two really but our ex-academy goalkeeper for Wolves made a good save in a one on one.

3pts, just a bit worried about our defence which against Wolves and Leicester has seemed very vulnerable suddenly.

8. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to watch this one again. Something pretty bad ass about watching Wolves and how good they are at the "4-4-2, pressure on the back". At the end of the day we handled it like complete shit, then brilliantly, then complete shit again... 3 points is all anyone will remember tho, so well done Mancini

9. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Individual highlights of Dzeko's debut:

[ame]http://rutube.ru/tracks/3988699.html?v=8f867b1002e866325a1c0e90bbd67e41[/ame]

10. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Tevez should love playing with Dzeko right about now. He was constently double teamed and gave Tevez a lot of space.
    Here's what made Tevez' 2nd goal possible:

[​IMG]

11. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think over the next few weeks as Tevez gets more comfy with Dzeko he will pass him the ball more, there were a few times Tevez just went at the defenders alone while Dzeko was in a good position.

12. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think he loves playing out wide... but your absolutley right. I think Balotelli takes himself out of plays, where Dzeko gets himself right in the mix and occupies defenders.

Cool pic

13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dzeko will be a massive success for that reason alone. No team can double-team both Dzeko and Tevez, and whoever is free will destroy the opposition. We also win a majority of second-chance/longballs in the air when he is up front. Finally ..

14. Junior Blue

Junior Blue New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I don't know if any of you saw the Poznan during the game:

[​IMG]

There's more on how this is going to take over English grounds on my blog.