Wolves vs Spurs, League Cup, R3, Sept. 22, 2:45 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hoping we play a strong side, we are not going anywhere in the league, so our only chance of doing anything is in the domestic cups.

2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I don't disagree with that, per se; but I am slightly curious as to how this squares with Europe being 'rubbish' and a foolish risk to starters.

At any rate, I'd planned on taking the day off today, but as I intend to blow off the ton of work has been mandated for the weekend, I probably shouldn't blow off a scheduled day, as well. In the end, it's probably for the best, as I fear for us these days. The upside is that Wolves appear rather pants, and with their tenuous start in the League, they'll probably go further down their roster for todays XI. So maybe it will be worth watching.

Stupid work. Employment sucks.

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    The context which this game takes place is interesting. Coming off of three poor results against and up against the gaffer’s former team who themselves are struggling and who were hugely unlucky to lose against us earlier in the season and a cup game to boot.

A win doesn’t mean all that much, a loss seems like it could weigh heavily.

5. Harray_Kane72989

Harray_Kane72989 New Member

Tottenham
    United States
    Feb 21, 2021
    And we go to penalties in a fashion I can only title the same as one of my favorite emo albums "Full Collapse"

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That was good. I think Spurs were the better team.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    It is incredibly rare a team I support doesn’t completely shit the bed on penalties to the point I stopped watching them with the one-time exception of England/Italy which just reconfirmed the good sense I had not to watch them.

8. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Our reward is away to Burnley. Great.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I would rather win one of the domestic cups than the Europa Rubbish League, call me a purist.

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Either one would do for me.

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :D

I'll put it on the list.

Golara repped this.
  12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Saw the highlights, much-improved performance from the midfield, Tanguy looked dominant, although he got caught on the ball leading to their equalizer, and Dele picked out Kane nicely for our second.

The disappointment will be that we threw away a 2-goal lead to a poor side and conceded again from a corner when we were in control of the game.

13. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Audi Cup!
    Peace Cup!