Wolves vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Feb 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is interesting— he reported faked covid tests?

2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would any of those change smack us any worse, do you think? This is a genuine question because I don't think they would but I'm willing to be convinced.

3. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our only chance to get cl next season is winning the cl and we are far from good enough to do that we should lose by a landslide against real. But that probably means we will somehow manage to win it even if we are the worst team remaining.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate being so defeatist - but the Real Madrid tie is going to be ugly - maybe not score wise - but they will toy with us.

5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This might be hard to believe, but Liverpool remain favorites to beat Real Madrid at Anfieild. And the bookies also have Liverpool as the 4th most likely team to win the Champions League, ahead of Real Madrid.

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must be some concept that VVD and Jota being fit will make a difference.

Away goals don't matter - so let's see.

7. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I had a glimmer of hope when Hendo put his shirt on, thinking he and his leadership might just be able to turn this game around…at 2-0 down, if we could’ve scored the next goal…

But then Hendo shanked a simple pass and turned the ball over…and I just closed my eyes and sadly shook my head…

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    MIGHT be hard to believe?!?

hubbabubba and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silver lining - at least Liverpool won't be ruining your next weekend.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To everyone who is so sure that Madrid will crush as at Anfield, there is a ton of money to be made. You can get Madrid to win at +210.

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I never gamble on sports so no clue what +210 means Suss.

LiverpoolFanatic and B.A. repped this.
  13. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still can’t believe Nat didn’t sub on for one of them - particularly Matip.

have him start the derby. We know he will play his ass off.

LiverpoolFanatic and Red Bird repped this.
  14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I might just take that bet. It would be win-win.

15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s always been like that when pressed— he simply gets rid of the ball with little or no thought as to the consequence. I’ve rarely seen him try and protect the ball until an option becomes available.

16. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t bet either, but the numbers are an easier way of expressing betting odds. +210 isn’t really that good…. The numbers are essentially a percentage value. So at +210 a $100 bet would return $210 if Real Madrid won, or in the old fashioned way of expressing fractional odds, just a bit better than 2:1. At -210, the team are favorites, and a $100 bet would return just a bit more than $147, or 1:2 odds.

17. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It’s free money considering how every single Liverpool fan thinks that Madrid is going to annihilate us.

The reality is that no matter how bad we are, Anfield on European nights is a special thing. Madrid lost at Mallorca today. There is every chance we find a way to pull out a big performance. Before the World Cup, our league form was abysmal, but outside of Napoli away our Champions League form was very good. Rafa’s 2005 team that won the Champions League finished behind Everton that season.

18. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Well, it’s not like we’d beat a Chippendale’s Select XI at the moment, now is it?

hubbabubba repped this.
  19. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    She’s available, but she might not be a Liverpool fan and that would lead to fights over the remote, which game to watch, how to pretend to be interested in her team and so on. That would cause friction and underlying mistrust and jealousy when the other’s team was doing well. In turn that would lead to separate bedrooms and in all probability, you would be telling some young one down the pub at the Liverpool game how your wife doesn’t understand you and she’d need to unburden herself to a fan of her team.

Eventually, both of you would find the other unbearable and when Liverpool drew her team in the CL group stage and knocked them out, she’d take it personally and kick you out. You’d then be heartbroken, roaming the streets, singing YWNA for money for anyone who would pay and telling them you once dated Monica Bellucci. No one would believe you and you’d be left without anything and the best you could hope for would be to press your nose on the window outside a pub that’s showing the CL, fondly remembering your days and nights with Monica.

You’re better off as you are.

B.A., hubbabubba and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    gracias amigo.

I now revert to my prior response ....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

B.A. and hubbabubba repped this.
  21. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, it's never free money... but you know that. Are you placing a bet for or against Liverpool? How to interpret that comment means everything.

More importantly, betting companies don't set their odds solely based on concrete odds. They set them based on who they can entice to bet on something in the first place. They always make a profit (based on how they set the odds), but they will manipulate the odds based on how much volume they can encourage (more money bet at the appropriate odds will always lead to more profits). So a +210 valuation for Real Madrid beating Liverpool at Anfield isn't as much a prediction that Liverpool will likely beat Real Madrid, as it is a reflection that the betting company thinks they can entice more people to bet for Real Madrid winning than Liverpool.... Of course they will take into consideration what statistically they think will happen. But a 2:1 bet is essentially a coin-flip. Don't waste your money on that, unless you just like the adrenaline rush.

But of course, you guys all understand that. LOL.

22. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically, the gambling companies think it is a coin-flip, but think they can get a lot of RM fans to bet on that coin-flip. We all think its ridiculous, but honestly, given RM's recent form it might be a coin-flip. Just not anything I'd ever wager money on. But then I'm a tightwad.

23. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, that is really well thought out for a fantasy... ;)

Samarkand and CB-West repped this.
  24. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Who said it was a fantasy? :whistling:

LiverpoolFanatic and SamScouse repped this.
  25. Dunlop

Dunlop Member

May 15, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Jurgen needs to panic.
    Fire Krawietz!!
    Bring in Gerrard as new assistant to settle the midfield, and kick some ass.
    Slap the shit out of the attackers and punish them for ********ups.
    How many ********ing offside calls has Nunez drawn??? Don’t coddle him. Death push-ups.
    Demand more from the vets, scare the kids.
    Shoot Konate and VVD full of HGH and lock down that defense.