Wolves marching to the EPL

Discussion in 'Wolverhampton Wanderers' started by Macsen, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's just not en vogue to support a team until it is in the EPL, is it? Even if it is an original football club considered among the greatest of all English clubs.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is leading the charge of the Wolves into the Premier League.

They drew with Ipswich Town this past Tuesday, and beat Charlton 2-1 on Saturday. Next up is Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

2. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be great to finally see my favorite English club back in the top flight. Hopefully it won't be like last time they got promoted.

3. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    I cant wait till Wolves come up. The EPL isnt the same without the Molineux. I just hope they can stay up and not get relegated again. The passion of the fans to me is what makes me hope the club the best success. Ebanks-Blake hopefully continues to flourish. I do miss Freddy Eastwood though

4. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    Freddy who? I don't think Wolves have missed him, and he's hardly proved us wrong at Coventry.

As for promotion, you won't catch me celebrating until we're mathematically there. Twelve points from the next six would do it (13 for the title).

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hopefully, they are promoted and stay up there in the EPL.

6. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice Little victory on Friday!:cool:

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seven points up from 3rd with 3 to go. 3 points clinches promotion. Four points clinches the title!

8. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    they will make it tough on themselves getting those 3 points just so we have heart issues.:p

9. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Hey, I just heard while watching the FA cup semis, Congrats Wolves! Welcome back to the top league.:)

11. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
  12. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well done. You've been top all season so you've certainly earned it.

Strange to think the tragi-comic own goal win for as over you at our place back in January was seen as a key match. We've only scored twice in 12 hours of football at home since then, both v Charlton, who we still let score a late equaliser.

Good luck next season. It could be tough, but it's not mission impossible.

13. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Thanks. Earlier in the season I expected us to be fighting with Birmingham for second spot - thought you'd run away with it, especially after the 3:0 drubbing at Molineux. What happened? Nice avatar, by the way.

Next season will be tough - no doubt about it, but for now I'm just savouring the moment.

14. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really hard to say. We were playing some terrific stuff after a shaky start, then we played Southampton at home at the end of November, and somehow they looked like a pretty decent premiership team, completely outplaying us. We've not been the same since. That we managed to win 5 in a row shortly afterwards says more about the lack of quality in this division than anything else.

There was a comment by Coppell after today's latest appalling non-spectacle, where he was congratulating Wolves, saying that Wolves had a hunger for promotion and a desire to win that reminded him of the Reading team that won the league 3 years ago. He didn't join the dots, but the implication was that the current team didn't have it. It's noticeable that the biggest drop in form has come from those players who might be expecting to be in the premiership next year regardless of where Reading finish.

I know plenty of Reading fans who are actively hoping we'll miss the play-offs, as the prospect of such a mentally weak team going up doesn't bear thinking about.

But anyway, enjoy the summer, and with any luck you should have that nice championship trophy to parade as well. It's a lot nicer than the tacky european cup rip-off one that the premier league winners get.

15. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad they aren't home next week. Win or tie clinches the Championship too.

Does anybody know where I can find a Wolves jersey, or if the Wolves official store ships abroad?

16. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Our goal difference should be more than sufficient to clinch the title, although a point would guarantee it. 50 years ago that same trophy was lifted by a certain William Ambrose Wright when we were league champions. Shame that the Premiership has since devalued it, but it'd be nice to have it back in our possession.

As for Wolves shirts/jerseys, the club shop will deliver overseas, but it isn't cheap. £10 delivery for one item or £15 for two or more. However, I think the exchange rate should work in your favour, plus the shirts are now on sale (since there'll be a change of sponsor next season). I don't think you can get shirts anywhere else (could try Ebay?).

Link to online club shop:
    http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/...age&page=splash&menu=menu&suppress_header=yes

17. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    on the day after my first ever Wolverhampton jersey arrived with #9 Eblanks-blake, who scores in the clincher but him.:cool:

18. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I got mine from their official shop but I don't know how much they have left as they went down to 10 pounds for long sleeve and short sleeve and it is mostly super large sizes left.

I got lucky and in before the last mad rush. My #9 Eblanks-blake arrived in just about alittle over a week from when I ordered it. It is cool to see it with the Coca cola patches as next year obviously, we will have the EPL patches.

19. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small price to pay considering the replica jersey is only £10.

20. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah, I got mine when it was still 20 pounds as I thought that was a good deal but I didn't know they would shrink it down even more before end of the season.

21. VirginiaWolf

VirginiaWolf New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope it doesn't say Eblanks-Blake on the back. You wasted a quid on an L and SEB might not appreciate the insinuation you are making :rolleyes:

22. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Oops, they spelled it correctly and I must have been too happy when typing my message here. To think, I don't drink so I can't blame alcohol.:p

23. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was digging around the Wolves website, and I came across their "Supporters Club" page. They listed a lot of their local supporters clubs, and several overseas, but none in the U.S.

I rooted around Yahoo and Google, and found an old Wolves fan site with a listing for a "Florida Wolves" group, but the site it was on hasn't been updated since 2002, and the group is dated as 1999 with "more information to come".

You would think there would at least be a group in LA...

24. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With their history, you might think there would be a group over here. On the other hand, you know so many people are just parts of the so called big EPL groups.

A friend showed me the Fulhamusa website and it makes me think that there definitely should be a Wolves one now that we will be in the EPL for years to come.:cool:

25. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only one point is needed in either of the next two matches, or anything but a win in either of the next two matches for Birmingham City, to clinch the Championship.