Wolfsberger AC-Borussia Dortmund, EL 3rd round 1st leg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Dave46, Jul 30, 2015.

1. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Wolfsberger is not just any club. I live 60km away from Klagenfurt and its not that bad you know...

Don't uderestimate it. We still have some issues at the back but I'm fully confident that Tuchel will solve them.

Pisczek is done. Schmelzer also. Goalie is just fantastic. We need a good defense and one guy in the midfield who can connect Reus&co.

Auba will be okay for the centre forward

2. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well I'm guessing they have already had some competitive matches so they should be in better shape than us. We did lose against Bochum just a few weeks ago.

3. tallerr

tallerr Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope TT will use Kirch as RB, he is much than LP these days

4. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm not saying Kirch is bad as RB but has LP been so bad? I didn't see the match but since everyone is saying the same i can only assume he put a KG-level display.

5. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LP has been dreadful all of last season. While Schmelzer was bad he's been at least working his ass off running around like a headless chicken. LP would stroll around aimlessly in key moments with opponent holding possession in his area.

Jurgen Harbour Master repped this.
  6. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weigl >>>> Geis
    :cool::p

Gundogan92 repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would have preferred having them both.

8. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ^^^^^^
    Yeah but Gundo will extend for another year at the end of this season ;)

9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not all too impressed after this match.

1. I really like this Weigl kid..... great signing. He is the anti-miki in that he always keeps his head up and keeps the ball only as long as is neccessary (often only 2 or 3 touches). He could become a special player.

2. Our defense is shambles. Hummels did not play well, and our FB's were both poor.

3. I just dont see Miki fitting...... same issues.

4. Was interesting, as it seemed TT played this match very conservative in his tactics. Understandable.

5. Kagawa needs to move to the ball more and keep his feet moving. Too often he seems to get caught flat footed.

10. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In all the reports I've read, Weigl, Miki and Hoff were top. I don't get the hate for HM even when he had a good game.
    Hummels was poor and our defending on set pieces is terrible!

Still early days though.
    We played well in the first hour and the last half hour a sense of dread and deja vu came over me. Thank Burkina we didn't concede

Dave46 repped this.
  11. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We should loan out Ginter. I don't see him making it into the side with Weigl and a healthy Bender/Sahin

Bk77 repped this.
  12. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thomas Tuchel has won his first competitive match as BVB Head Coach. Borussia won 1-0 away to Wolfsberger AC. The Head Coach had the following to say after the match: “I am very satisfied with the result and the energy we have when we are on the pitch.” Thomas Tuchel on…

..the match: It was the fourth day after our training camp. I was aware that because we trained with such intensity, we would probably need a lot of stamina playing from the back if we were not clearly in the lead. Apart from Mats Hummels, no player has played 90 minutes yet and you could tell that by the end. We defended the lead with a lot of passion and with that little bit of luck. However, looking at the way we are going at the moment, maybe it is more important to get a win where you really have to get stuck in, rather than if everything just comes easy. It was a good and tight test. I am very satisfied with the result and the energy we have when we are on the pitch.

..the 1-0 that was worth being there to see: great challenge at the back by Auba. Then it goes fast. We have the necessary pace with Miky on the wing, who squared it absolutely spot on. Of course I really like situations like that, because it was a well worked goal. We used our pace. We are really quick through the middle. We are really happy with the goal.

...the way it looks for the second leg: we will continue to play with lots of energy and be consistent. 1-0 is a tight score. We will continue to stick at it, we will make the most of the week and we will play all out for victory in the second leg.

13. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Btw.Tuchel also said to Sport 1 that KG's complaining to Bild is his second public attempt. I see KG is gone already..

14. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
  15. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I don't get the hate for HM even when he had a good game.

As a fan of the team, I want Miki to stay, because he is better than Hofmann, Kampl, Kuba and Kagawa, but on a human level, I want him to move, because he is not getting the love of the fans. With his personality, he deserves better fans, sorry If I offended you guys. But clearly, that Echte Liebe is not ********ing working well for him.

16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    So my hope is that he will have a great season and be sold for 25+, so that transfer fee would be covered well.

17. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why do you think the fans hate him? Because of certain opinions on this forum?
    Everyone is different, even if we are bonded by something, we experience it differently.
    I don't think he is getting less support from the fans then other players.
    I know you look at Miki differently then others because he is Armenian which is normal, but you shouldn't take it too personally when someone has a negative opinion about him.

18. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, from the latin american forums or fb pages of borussia dortmund I've found, a lot of people compain about Miki failing to score in matches (specially last season). I couldn't see yesterday's match but at least in the first half it seemed (from the live report) that he was creating chances, just failing to convert them. You could also argue that the high expectations that came with his fee and previous goalscoring record at shaktar increased expectations that he's not been able to meet.
    The problem with Miki, as we've discussed many times is his decision making and it seems his didn't help the team that much before, maybe that will change this season. I also hope he improves this season for the team's sake but I still prefer Kagawa rather than Miki since the former is more consistent in my opinion.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't say I am overly happy about the way we won (we were somewhat insecure in the second half), but at least we've won this game which is arguably a good sign since in the past we lost many similar games.

20. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2/3 of the match were very good, WAC had their first chance around 60. minute. If fatigue really was the reason for the chaos in the last 30 minutes, then we shouldn't worry too much...

21. tallerr

tallerr Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Miky is faster with the ball and dare to attack the opposing defense, he may have some decision problems but i believe is better than kagawa whom i am still trying to figure out is he is a lefty or righty

22. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Players get criticized, that is normal. We could criticize almost every player for 2014-2015. I don't think Miki lost the support from the fans in general. He didn't live up to the expectations, they were maybe too big from the beginning, and some of the blame can be put on Klopp and Zorc as well.
    Anyway, this will be Miki's decisive season. I think Tuchel rates him highly and sees him as a winger which suits him better then the no. 10. Last season he played his best games on the wing and he had a very good start to the new season yesterday. Hopefully, he will continue to improve and deliver.

Dave46 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I actually agree, was just trying to explain the "hate" or criticism he gets. Hope he delivers this season :)

Gundogan92 repped this.
  24. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Guys, forget that Armenian thing. it's not about that at all. It just sometimes certain players get criticized a lot and then when they have positive games, it does not register in the minds of some fans.

25. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    maybe cuz few good games doesnt compensate for way more crappy games

bvbSlash repped this.