Pre-match: WM Spiel 3 - Deutschland gg USA - 26 Juni 2014

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by SirManchester, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's how anti-soccer works.

2. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Why does Pep get blamed for Goetze whilst getting no credit for the strides made by Toni Kroos, Lahm (as a midfielder) and Mueller?

The fact is that Goetze is competing directly against the likes of Ribery at left wing, or Kroos / Mueller @ 10

Seems odd to me.

Also Goetze is doing nicely so far

nekkibasara, Dhajj and P to the Wee repped this.
  4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  5. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How is Götze a non-factor? He is responsible for the important 1:0 for Germany in both the Portugal and Ghana matches. He got the penalty against Portugal and he scored the goal against Ghana. Benching him for the incompetent Podolski was just stupid. How many times must Podolski fail for Löw to finally get rid of him? He has been crap for 4 years now including the last Euro and yet he gets selected again and again and again.

Anyway, Götze is a much better player than he has shown so far but that doesn't make him "a nothing". Giving Germany the lead in both games he played as a starter is a great contribution. Özil doesn't even have a single assist yet but of course Löw would never bench him.

Lahmfan, Dhajj and Kirsten19 repped this.
  6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think that is too far the other way.

He is a decent squad player who scores against weaker teams.

He should not be selected in big games. The last two years at Arsenal shows what he is good for and what is beyond him.

vinontop and Dhajj repped this.
  7. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't understand the gotze garbage talk..

He's done a lot better then podolski in the tournament so far

And I laugh at the pep ruining gotze retardedness..

Are we talking about the same gotze that had like 17 pts in his limited playing time? Off the top of my head I think he started in at least 20+ games last season?

Everyone in this tournament is doing fine. Except for howedes, he's been the weak link time and again and they need to move on to KG or durm immediately.

Bastian Kroos lahm midfield was what we were waiting to see..

The Jitty Slitter and LoewenBoy repped this.
  8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Ok that's a fan's opinion. Now from someone who isn't a fan but has always enjoyed his play:
    1. He flops more now than he ever did.
    2. If he stayed on his feet and flopped less he'd likely score more.
    3. His arguing with the referee is like watching a petulant child and is irritating.
    4. He seems to throw his hands up in the air now more than in the past when any challenge does not suite him.
    All of this is since 2010, when he was actually a hard-nosed player who went all out. Now he's more a Diva in the Ribery/Robben mold who'd rather flop and get the call than stay on his feet and actually score a spectacular goal. His namesake would NEVER have "evolved" in to what Thomas has. Gerd had more pride than that.

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would have to disagree with you.

I think he's done less flopping then he used to..

When you have robbery on your team it's hard to out do that of course.

I would say robben then ribery then muller as far as flop hiarchy.

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I'd agree, Dhajj. But is ppt is certainly more diving and arguing since 2010. I don't recall hi doing it at all back then. After the WM though it's like he was reading his own press clippings and trying hard to be like Franck and Arjen.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish he would cut it out all together..

He would have higher chance to try at goal had get back and help in transition faster..

Sometimes you have to take the players for their bad and good. It's what's makes them complete I guess.

As long as he isn't biting anyone ;)

Liquid1010 and LoewenBoy repped this.
  12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How times have changed. 4 years ago it was the celebration of winning 1-1 vs England.

Maybe this article can explain it.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index...rld-cup-are-a-sign-of-the-nations-moral-decay

Coulter's case against soccer is far-ranging: it's "foreign," you can't use your hands, liberal moms like it, and it doesn't "present a constant threat of personal disgrace." "If more 'Americans' are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law," she concludes. "I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."

13. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not according to one member here, you know who I mean Sir I know everything and all the rest of you are wrong.

Dhajj repped this.
  14. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Dude, it's Ann Coulter. She's a well-known nut burger. Don't waste the time.

15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know everything and if you have a different opinion them me. Then your just filled with vitriol and you don't know anything and now NO ONE understands my brilliance and now I am in exile..

All in a condescending douche manner of course ;)

I like sirman but it's hard to be his friend sometimes :p we all have them in our lives

16. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BLOCKED!!!!

Dhajj repped this.
  17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now that he's gone.... I wonder who might be the most knowing poster here now?

Yes, blame me but somebody had to ask that rather obvious question.

18. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll give you a hint. His nickname is made of two German players names :laugh:

Minttunator, Boandlkramer, chewz and 2 others repped this.
  19. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surprised how poorly Howedes is received by this forum. I thought he had a decent performance - if not perfect. Overall, I found that the team did well with containing the US and cutting all offensive plays.

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Did you miss Fabian Johnson running past him nearly every time he tried? A french attack would overhwelm him even more. He's out of his depth at this level IMHO.

wallstreet123456 and Dhajj repped this.
  21. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to get off your high horse. This is the World Cup, not the Bundesliga. Most of these teams play 3 or 4 World Cup games every 4 years, thus the margins are razor thin. Almost every team is going to play defensively at some point because you don't need 5 goals a game to advance.

These games are about efficiency and results. You play several games in rapid succession, and each game is just 90% survival. You're not going to regularly see the flowing football of the Bundesliga, because it just doesn't matter at this stage. When good flowing football happens at a World Cup you can celebrate because it's unexpected.

So we're just quoting American extremist right-wing reactionary xenophobes on this forum now?

If anything, the problem with American soccer fans is the opposite. There isn't much ethnic, economical, or social diversity. Most American soccer fans are 18 to 35 years old, of European decent, sons and daughters of middle and upper middle class families. It's not at all like the rest of the world where the sport is so popular with the working class.

Vlad S. and Transparent_Human repped this.
  22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I know. I actually wanted to post her ridiculous comment and I simply used this as an amusing place to plug it in. I know who she is and and know what she stands for.

I just think it is funny that such an extreme "American" has an issue with people chanting "USA, USA, USA!!!!"

Seems unAmerican not to support Team USA and someone should tell her that - or maybe she is just putting soccer down because Obama congratulated the US team for making it to the last 16.

LongDuckDong and Dhajj repped this.
  23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe. It's just my personal preference to see inferior teams attacking and losing rather than this anti-soccer. Look at Costa Rica, they're playing it defensively just like you said and they are entertaining. I like them. Why? Cause they contribute to the game. Its been an amazing WC so far with many goals and great games. I mean we can save us these games if one side's just standing in its own half doing nothing but preventing soccer.

24. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Ann Coulter has the mental capacity of the meth addled trailer park inhabitants who probably read her.

If anything the fanbase takes on a right-wing jingoistic/xenophobic attitude at times that I would assume she likes. It certainly has room to grow in the diversity department.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why me?