Wizards to Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by bpKicks, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting.

I have to ask: Where did you get this from????

2. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fantastic!!! Pure speculation based on a supposed memo written years ago that really has nothing to do with the Wizards, Kansas City, Philadelphia, or even soccer.

It must be true.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Must be BigSoccer more like it.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know bpKicks very well, he/she is new here. I know that bpKicks seems to not like the Wizards very much. But I have no idea if the supposive letter is true or not.
    However it is semi-relevant to our conversation, with bpKicks pointing out that Cerner might not be in things for the long haul. Hence the theory of this thread "Wizards to Phily".

If its false, then we will remove it. If not and it does "mean" something then I guess we'll get a few more posts out of it.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if OnGoal will send similar messages to KC fans when the turnout is under 10,000?

:D

7. bpKicks

bpKicks New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Look, I am merely voicing my opinion. The email was real, as you have now confirmed. I am not making any claim that that e-mail was in any way related to the soccer team. On the contrary, I posted it to point out the very simple fact that Mr. patterson isn't the altruistic benevolent man that the soccer fans in KC desperately want him to be.

The facts speak for themselves. He bought the team at a discount trading on the "I'll keep the team in KC" heartstrings of the Hunt organization amidst a few other, more lucrative offers. Now that they lost the first election, I see a free pass to relocation if a better offer comes from somewhere. It seems alomst too good to be true, like the perfect crime.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong...only time will tell. Until then, keep the dreams alive for MLS in Philly...

8. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I hope KC gets their stadium, and philly gets the DC UNITED when they don't get a stadium built... DC United fans can commute to philly to support Philly United......

Now there's another hope u can keep allive bpkicks...

9. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not even funny. DC United belongs in DC, where they will remain and continue to be the premier club of MLS.

10. Tone Capone

Tone Capone Member

Dec 6, 2005
    SF Bay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    i hate it but it fits

11. PHILLYUNITEDFLY

Jul 31, 2006
    Collegeville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know approximately when the MLS 2007 Schedule has to be released by? Mid-January?

12. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patterson said it was intended to be funny, but didn't work. It's not a big deal and doesn't show any lack of commitment to KC. Also, he has 5 other investors to worry about.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beginning of Feb I believe.

14. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes it real hard to plan a trip to Toronto for a DC United road trip... Airfare is much cheaper if you buy it far in advance.

15. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006

Patterson has stated clearly that he is an entrepreneur first, and for evidence look at the quotes he has said in regards of why he respects Hunt so much (aside: goal Everton!). I think he does care about KC, see his work with the American Royal etc. but he mistakenly thought he could help KC and be an entrepreneur at the same time in regards to the wizards. Because of the vote, he will likely have to decide one or the other, and as the letter shows, he is capable of saying and doing what needs to be done, no matter how cut throat, in order to achieve his entrepreneurial goals. Yes onGoal is more than just him, but he can dominate a decision making process. I truly hope the wizards stay, but I think onGoal has the excuse to move the team, because it was KC (Johnson County) that rejected the wizards first with their vote.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah cause they're businessmen and put all their eggs in the one basket of the one vote.:rolleyes: Just because the vote failed doesn't mean he has given up, or that he has to decide between helping KC and being an entrepreneur. He's a businessman, and he had to have had back up plans ready if the vote for the youth fields, which was the ballot issue in the first place. Considering there are still places in KC that have been wanting the stadium, Olathe, Gardner, Wyandotte County, to name a few, they're is still plenty of opportunity for the team in KC. There's also the quotes from page one of this thread that I posted, they're still working on the stadium in KC, there has been nothing stated to the contrary of that.

17. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Cary News

Separated at birth:

Norkus and Tom Cruise (Risky Business version)

[​IMG]

18. PHILLYUNITEDFLY

Jul 31, 2006
    Collegeville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly or KC home opener MAY 5th??

With the release of the opening week's schedules--time appears to be running out--although they do not have the Wizards playing on opening weekend and have them on the road at DC on April 14th. They seem to have the team in limbo. In fact "The Wizards will be the final team to make their home debut. They're slated to host the Crew on May 5 at a location to be determined."
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20061204&content_id=79881&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Or printer friendly:

http://web.mlsnet.com/content/printer_friendly/y2006/m12/d04/c79881.html

What do you all make of this? Is this franchise there for the taking or is MLS determined to get them rolling in some stadium by May 5th.

19. PHILLYUNITEDFLY

Jul 31, 2006
    Collegeville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Philly or KC home opener MAY 5th??

[​IMG]

21. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva

to give them enough time to find and get ready, whichever stadium they'll be playing in.

22. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano

I heard a rumor from a good source that MLS, in conjuction with the Tri-lateral commission and the RAND corporation, with assistance from the Illuminatis and the Free Masons, are looking to move the Wizards to a new SSS adjacent to Area 51 and stock the team with experimental, mutated, genetically engineered super athletes. All that remains to be seen is if they are managed by Lyndon LaRouche or Art Bell.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not again...

Please, no more KC to Philly threads.

I've merged the one created today to original one.

Have fun, be safe.

25. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repeat after me - Philadelphia getting an MLS team will not involve the Wizzers and will take one of the 4 major teams in the city winning a championship first. So if you're holding your breath, hope you have insurance.