Wizards switch logo

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Merlin172, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can get the '06 version on the MLS site. Since it will be the same kit, no need to wait around. Jump on it.

2. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've come to the conclusion that I will no longer buy jerseys of the teams I want to succeed. I currently own three, USMNT '98, USMNT '06, KC Wizards - Chris Klein #17 - he had a horrible year, was then traded and we've missed the playoffs ever since.

I'm thinking of buying a DC kit...

3. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    trust me it doesn't work that way...I've tried many times before

4. KCWizardsFan

KCWizardsFan New Member

Feb 12, 2007

Thanks! I'll get one at the next match I attend. Sadly I can't make the home opener, or any wed. for that matter. But I'll be there early and often during the season.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is true, Andy. Every year I make the jinx bet against KU in Vegas and they still lose. A couple of times I lost the jinx and the bet because their opponent didn't cover--further proof that there is a God, and he enjoys mocking and dumping on me...

6. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    support, just the other way around i root for MU i root for them to lose and no matter what happens they lose the big games (shut up)

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Hmmm, handly anyone saw that coming...
    :rolleyes:

Do it man!

8. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kuhn is correct. We have one left. It's available to the first person who PM's me for the low, low price of $20... (Shipping included, as I want to get it out of my house... :) ) <will also put second, third, etc. on waiting list in case the first person doesn't respond.>

9. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I thought that was better than starting a new one. Now that the Galaxy have a new logo, I thought it would be a good time to post some of the most recent new and/or redesigned logos in the league for comparison purposes...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now...

[​IMG]
    And this isn't much better...
    [​IMG]
    But at least it isn't this!

[​IMG]

After a stadium, a new logo is the #1 thing on my Wizards wish list.

P.S. Dragons are cool.

12. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Technically this is our logo now.

[​IMG]

Yeah. Not a Euro logo like all the other teams, but better than nothing.

Also, this or the banana on the sides jersey should be on the new Wizards jersey with the new logo for next year. Personally, I'm pushing for the Schalke 04 rip off.

[​IMG]

SEXXXXXXXXY!

13. Moobythegoldncaf

Feb 27, 2001
    Carson, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm game for an S04 jersey. Or at least similar.

14. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish RSL used their secondary logo (the one on the blue side of the scarf). The shield just seems a bit redundant.
    [​IMG]

15. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, almost forgot. some other new logos for comparison purposes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Of the current logos pictured in the last page or so, there isn't any question KC has the worst of it...by a wide margin. Even LA's new poor badge retains the star/galaxy theme at least in some small way. COL's having the ball buried in the snow of the mountain is pretty good. RSL's is allright, and I like the secondary (blue side) better as well, but I don't hate the crest. I think DAL's is just as appropriate and outstanding for the area as Chicago's. NY's works. TOR's is good and bold and adhears to nationalistic pride just like NE's only more effectively. HOU's drops the ball a bit and isn't marketable in any way, but at least isn't flatly ignorable and/or detracting like KC's current abysmal offering.

I'd be embarassed to have a jersey or anything else with our current logo on it.

In none of the above logos does black make an appearance unless that is a base team color, Houston's is dark blue, right? Anyway, look how clean Schalke's jersey is without so much as a hint of black. Not convincing? OK, forget KC's jerseys, and just look at KCW's logo. What uniform would be representative of that logo? A white gym shirt and a black number, black shorts, and light blue socks? Probably. Yuck.

Even the WUSA had better unis. Even my club level University sports team had a better logo and unis and we had to buy our own.

Ours is an awful pitifully minor league logo suitable only for letterhead, if that. It's bad. It's embarassing. It's the worst of the bunch. It's the worst in the city. It's mainly black - a color not represented in KC's uniform...and properly so, I might add. Someone please get it through the thick heads of the people who make such decisions that black, in this league, is a dcu and Clmb color now shared by Toronto. KC doesn't need or require it and should remove it from the official colors if they have not already done so.

At the very least make the "Wizards" the blue of the jersey and the "KC" the white. Better still would be making the whole thing (the black part) Wizards uniform blue, the "Kansas City" carolina (the light blue) blue or white, and then the "Wizards" white. Any combo of the above would represent a step forward.

17. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Death, Taxes, and Dave's psychotic anti-black rants. It's good to have some consistencies in life.

18. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    >.O Ew.

I think I'd like some bars, actually. Or something other than just a solid color. I don't know why, I just don't like it that way. Not bars like Celtic or FC Dallas... but... er... like Newcastle. Vertical bars. Why? I dunno. There aren't a lot of them in MLS, and it'd be ever so slightly original in that context...

19. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Something like this?
    [​IMG]

Or maybe this?

[​IMG]

20. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like that Reading jersey. I want to buy one now.

21. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    I wore those same uniforms in high school as those three in the picture shown above. Pretty neat to bring back memories.

22. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the fading stripes at the bottom.

23. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. Just like our last few seasons...............

24. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch! :p OK, fading stripes are out....

25. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Actually that's what my last few seasons were like!! Our team sucked since we didn't have any guys who were any good except for the goalkeeper and I.

Long story short, the season was just a blast though. Wanna know something strange and odd? We went to New Orleans the summer JUST before Katrina hit for a soccer camp in my last year in high school. About a week after we got home, the news of it were just surreal.

Being down there is like being Darth Vader with all that freakin' breathing going on there. It MAKES you fit as hell though once you get back home from training in NO.

[​IMG]