Wizards/Sporting Alumni v9.1 [R for all games]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Precourt is the only downside to Austin, if you ask me. Columbus saga aside, Austin totally deserves a team. They've hired good people and have a great look to their first season.

I wonder if there will ever be a point that we can ignore the owner and let the fans, players, and all that speak for the city. I hope so. I don't want to boo Precourt every damn game we see against them forever. I'd just like to hate them entirely on sporting merits.

2. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agree, I just hate people like Precourt in general. Austin is fine, Besler is fine, but ******** Precourt.

Savage_Sam repped this.
  3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I'm super conflicted cause I like Besler and I want him to be successful, but I want nothing Precourt is involved in to be successful.

IASocFan, vividox and Savage_Sam repped this.
  4. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  5. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Outside of Baltimore, how many people still hate Robert Irsay? I had to do a bit of googling to come up with Walter O'Malley and the Mulveys. Do the names Ben Berger and Morris Chalfen even ring a bell anymore, or do people still wonder why an LA club is called the Lakers when there are no lakes out there?
    MLS is just joining the NBA, NFL or MLB screw the fans, they'll forget soon enough club.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dad still hates Bidwell and the Cardinals for moving to Arizona (he grew up in St. Louis). People in the cities that lost teams will continue to remember these people the same way people in St. Louis now hate Kronke. I guess it will be interesting if MLS, which has more organized fan groups outside of the team continue the hate longer.

mschofield repped this.
  7. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still hate Charley O Finley! Does that count?

8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody brings up Gregg Lukenbill and Joe Benvenuti, though. I loved going to Kings games, mostly because there were only another five people there, and you have move down to courtside pretty easily. No idea why they moved the club.

9. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IASocFan repped this.
  10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the ladder in the middle of the field!

mschofield repped this.
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Erik Palmer-Brown has been one of Austria Vienna’s key players this season, but the Austrian Bundesliga side will now be without his services for the next few weeks.

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/02/palmer-brown-out-2-4-weeks-with-thigh-injury

the former Sporting KC center back has appeared in 44 matches for the Bundesliga club, scoring two goals and adding one assist.

mschofield repped this.
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1149279

EDINBURG, Texas – The Rio Grande Valley FC Toros announced on Monday the signing of midfielder Wan Kuzain for the 2021 USL Championship season, pending league and federation approval.

Kuzain became the first Sporting KC Homegrown signed player to progress from the Sporting KC Academy to Sporting Kansas City II to the Sporting Kansas City in 2018. During that campaign, Kuzain saw a total of 307 minutes in Major League Soccer, scoring one goal in six appearances, starting in three. He became the second-youngest player to score a regular season goal in Sporting SC history on June 3 in a 4-1 win against Minnesota United FC.

IASocFan and mschofield repped this.
  14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Apparently there's a new "Danish Dynamite". Plays something called CS:GO

I didn't grow up in the Counterstrike or online gaming era, so most of what I know is surface level, or business structure type of stuff. I know what the various acronyms mean like FPS (both meanings), RTS, and so on. But I couldn't tell you whether a screenshot was CS, Valorant, or any of the other similar games.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't played counter strike in close to 20 years since playing on the LAN in college.

16. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I can't see twitter at work--what former SKC guy is that?

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Our Danish Dynamite was Miklos Molnar. Some young kid has taken on the moniker in CS:GO. And before we get too dismissive, the kid probably makes more money playing video games than we paid Molnar back in the day.

mschofield repped this.
  18. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ah that's fair. I was looking at the name Nico and thought maybe it was Hasler? Haha.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IASocFan repped this.
  20. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom Dwyer finally got a team. Toronto signed him to a two year deal because they are suffering with injury problems with their forwards. I was hoping we would see him again against SKC, but alas, they don't play Toronto this year.

21. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was a logistically sound move -- Toronto is based out of Orlando for the start of the season since Canada requires a 14 day quarantine each time you cross the border. It'll at least let Sydney play out the NWSL season. I can't even imagine the logistics of trying to make two professional contracts and two kids work.

kcfooty repped this.
  22. Savage_Sam

Savage_Sam Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  23. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's about time the Canadian teams were able to return to their home parks. It's easy to see TFC's collpase as an indictment of Armas (which it is in part, at least), but taking teams completely out of their comfort zones is rough, and this wasn't just about not being Canada, it was about being in Florida. Hurtado could really help Columbus for the next couple weeks. Long term, he was much better off with Montreal, where he had a season long role to play.

AndyMead repped this.
  24. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CJ Sapong looked a freakin stud last night playing for Nashville. Sporting a Kei Kamara hairdo, he scored a brace and assisted on the third goal. Nice to see Sapong still lighting it up out there.