NSR: Wizards Catch All Thread v.09.4

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    We can only hope.

3. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see my post earlier (and szazzy's too) about espn's unwatchability. hype makes $$$, and when a large portion of your audience is spoon-fed idiots and young teens, espn is cashing in. what's worse than the nfl draft? the entire two weeks of espn programming leading up to the super bowl.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Anytime Brett Farve, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, or Terrell Owens make the news off the field. I'm sure this list could go on awhile.

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was just watching it for about 20 minutes to see who the Packers have picked up and I just dont see how much analyzing you can really do. It has been proven that no one knows what a player will do. You can talk about it all day long but when it comes down to it, you never know who will shine and who will bust.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    You're right, I forgot about that. Those were Simien's best years. How long did we run that though? And my memory of those teams is hazy, but in practice, didn't Derrick end up lining up way wide on the line of scrimmage a lot of times like a 4-3 DE anyway?

7. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we ran that for 3-4 seasons. Maybe more. But that unit of guys was the best group when we did run it, so that's really all I remember. We an it primarily when Bill Cowher was our Defensive coordinator. It may have carried over to the next DC as well.

They used to move Derrick around a lot. He would line up in a three-point stance next to Phillips on the line in obvious passing situations, and then play back in the usual OLB position during obvious run situations.

8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    How far away are we from speeds that can upload 1 GB over say 30 minutes-1hr? I ******** hate loading bars. I've been at this desk all weekend.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know it's spring in KC when you evening shows get interrupted every 10 minutes for storm warnings...

10. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I think I've earned a playoff win as well, as well as anyone else that continues to die by the Chiefs. I think we've earned that more than a guy that was nothing before Marty picked him up and gets paid to be a member of this team that can't win. Maybe I'll ask to have my tickets traded to a team with a better opportunity to win...wait, then I'm a glory hunter.

It doesn't matter, he won't get this win in Atlanta, so basically he's just moved to better weather. Maybe he can spend another off-season skipping workouts to learn another new language.:rolleyes:

put me in the "I hope so" category.

As someone that loves football, I hate the draft...at least what it's become. The only fun parts are to see how the Raiders are going to blow their picks and to figure out just who the hell we picked.

You're not alone. It took me and my friend 5 hours to finish a round of golf today. Interrupted twice by lightning - one that hit somewhere on the course while we were trying to decide if we should head back in - and to have the clubhouses power go out twice, only to play on puddle ridden greens. It was actually a blast, especially since it was free.

11. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've got to disagree with you here. If the Chiefs ownership and management had been making good decisions and making a full fledged effort to put a winning team on the field then I would agree with you. But, the management of this team wasnt loyal to Tony G or any other player. They were more concerned about the bottom line than winning and made bad decision after bad decision that has lead to no playoff win in 15 going on 16 years. Tony had every right to want to leave. I wouldnt want to play for an organization like that either regardless of how long I played there Now whether or not Atlanta will be a place to get a playoff win is an entire other discussion.

12. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I determine this afternoon that Lopez needs to come to one of Claudia's match's so he can see how to take a free kick. Claudia got taken down just outside the top right corner of the penalty area. Of course, she immediately grabbed the ball to take the direct kick. Miege set up their wall, and Claudia went over the wall, near-post upper 90 for the tying goal. She is now tied for the team scoring lead, and leads the team in points. Woo Hoo!

13. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Bill Wirtz, AKA the worst owner in sports, gone the Blackhawks win a playoff series for the first time in 13 years. They beat Calgary 4-2 winning the decisive game in Calgary 4-1.

This team has a nucleus of young talent that bodes well for the future.

14. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, the Chiefs did this more to Tony than Tony did this to the Chiefs. Also in this day and age of free agency it is very unlikely that you will ever see a player again play his entire career for the same team outside of a top offensive lineman. Chiefs aren't going to win anything soon thanks to Herm. Tony will not be part of winning anything by the time it comes around so why not groom something else.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/1165795.html

This can't be the best advertisement for the team.

16. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrible story.

Good thing (for the Wizards) is that he probably drank very little (if at all) while at the game. If he's in a scholarship hall, he's probably a freshman. So, unless he has a fake ID or snuck in a flask, he wasn't drinking in the stadium.

He was a part of those school buses that came. Those people were lit when they arrived. Which was about 30 minutes before game time. So they didn't have much tailgate time. They were most likely drinking on the bus there and back.

17. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, some of them got off the bus right where we tailgate and you could tell some of them were pretty intoxicated. CAB seems to card pretty good or atleast I have been carded every time I have gotten a beer there.

18. KC Wizzle

KC Wizzle Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some more details, courtesy of the Shawnee Dispatch.

19. KC Wizzle

KC Wizzle Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a more cheerful note, got a good laugh out of Jimmy Conrad's twitter today:

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Wow. Tragic news. I've seen many fraternities that have areas that are dangerous sober, much less drunk. There are so many close calls with stuff like this.

I even had one myself at KU when I was about 12. Was walking through campus trying to get back to the dorms when it was rainy, slipped down a grass hill and almost went off a 15 foot drop but slid to a stop on the concrete wall with my legs off the edge. Obviously I wasn't drinking.

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pumped as hell! let's go 'hawks!

22. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    They were holding beer bottles when Mark and I walked past. Definitely lit before they arrived.

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is everyone this week? It has been really slow. I guess no game and everyone leaves.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they were immediately beside my tailgate... yes... ripped... all of them... wondered where they were from...