NSR: Wizards Catch All Thread v.09.4

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Are we talking about the stripping housewife? If so, I was trying to be kind.

2. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Teabagging the populice for the betterment of all white southern ignorant middle-aged racist mankind: The Dump

True. This is one of those things that past a certain age you WILL have experience with it. My experience bank includes a memorable Christmas Eve and Day at 8 years old in a hospital waiting room(Dad-throat C-smoking) and a cousin's death (Uber-agressive lung cancer for a U-Minn. Duluth Honors grad who never even had a drink and passed quickly at age 22).

Terrible stuff.

All the best to you and your friends family.

I'm convinced someone could litteraly print money by finding a way to ala carte cable service.

Not a good game. The list of bad players that hustled their way into good players solving their issues is a very long list however.

Thankfully not all 35 year-old housewives are frumpy or anything close to it. :D

Bonehead move of the day: Yesterday, I had a full Dump on various topics written away from home and saved to disk for posting later. On the way back home I stopped at the gym for the daily. Part of my daily is work in the pool. Note to self, disks and clorinated water is not a particularly useful combination...

I even patted myself down in the car to try and find the disk, which was in my swimsuit/shorts pocket (most of my workout shorts are mesh lined swimsuits - a byproduct of being a volleyball player). I assumed it was in my briefcase and somehow I missed it until brushing my thigh in the pool and noticing the flat disk in my pocket. The lifeguard and the Blazers swim coach had a good laugh out of it as I tossed the dripping disk onto the pool deck. Oops.

So gone among other things useful to me is a good discussion of 20 reasons why the Stanley Cup is the fairest and best team competition in the world AND similarities between poker play and starting baseball pitching. I'll recreate it if someone wants it, but not today. Post here or PM me.

F1: I mentioned a medal system for F1. The actual system in use this season is points for Top 8 - thought I'd clear that up.

Chiefs: Signed yet another aging formerly great linebacker. At some point a middle of the field filled with age is simply a recipe for losing games late. If you're hiring a coach, then hire a coach, otherwise hire players and teach them. This isn't rocket science.

Royals: Leading the league in strikeouts. Bats are not exactly hot. Probably should have found a way in game 3 vs Cleveland.

MIAA: The conference has chosen KC as their home for 8 Conference Championships. For the D1-myopic people unfamiliar with the MIAA, it's the mostly local D2 conference within which most of the area high school stars end up performing. Good for KC, good for the MIAA.

Also of interest to me at least is that Beach Volleyball is approved for competition in 2010 within this conference. They are among the first group of NCAA conferences adding this sport officially. It's about time. That format will be 5 teams of 2 contest a Best of 5-team match like college tennis does. I don't know where they will find a beach in KC. If my choice, I'd put it at Centerline in Blue Springs...they have the best sand and nets in the city by far.

New Yankee Stadium Opening: I'm gald NY was unmercifully stomped 10-2. May that long continue. The stadium being the most expensive stadium in North America means it deserves some press I suppose. It would be nice if other offering opening this year got at least proportional attention however. I hear it's very nice but too quiet. Good for them. Enjoy the $2600/seat down front. I'm happy with the K.

Happy Post-Tax Day!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's so true, I just found out today that a guy I played soccer with back in college lost his battle with cancer over the weekend. We'd done a fundraiser a few years ago at an alumni game to help raise money for his medical bills. Still, it sucks.

RIP Silent Assassin

4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't bring this up last week because its so damn disappointing.

Money>Heart I guess.:(

The most interesting thing is that we are returning ALL starters from our 3rd place finishing team...INCLUDING his brother Cyler, wonder how that turns out...yet he makes a point to state that it'll be easier to win a title at one-time champion Penn State, instead of 7-time champion ISU.

cough*bullshit*cough

You know what Cael? We love you in Ames. No, scratch that, we idolize you. You brought our fading wrestling tradition back, with a career that can never be topped and an outstanding 3 years as our coach. Don't lie to us. Don't tell us how PSU is better. Just tell us that you sold out for the money, I mean we can't blame you for taking 4 times the money, and you'd still be loved. Instead you decided to give us one slight slap in the face on the way out as though you need to convince yourself that it wasn't just the money.

It's going to be weird to take my Cael Sanderson poster and articles of his championships down from my door. They've been there for 5 years, and I never thought he was capable of pulling a Dan Gable kind of move on us.:(

Prefontaine is going to feel awfully alone on that door without Cael...

Did I mention :(?

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sanderson says he's only getting a 10% pay increase from 2008 in the article Greg linked.

7. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO

8. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    This week -

NBA: Utah sucks, Young Bulls sneak a game, San Antonio woke up. Lakers are so much better than everyone else it's pathetic. the difference is The Finals are not for some weeks so things can change.

NHL: Sharks 0-2, Detroit simply awesome, Pittsburg found a defense amazingly, Caps look DOA, Blues need to find something so 2 channels have games every night instead of just 1.

Yankee Stadium: So apparently it's a wind tunnel/bandbox/homerdome. They gave up mid twenties to Cleveland one game. The park set an ML record for most homers in the first 4 games. Also of issue is the $2500 seats are not selling well. hate to go biblical on anyone, but we do reap what we sow. I love it, more problems the better for the hated Yank's. The latest is that they have engineers and experts on retainer to "fix" the problem. I wonder why this should be a problem. NY has the most money, can't they simply employ the best hitters to win 25-22? Oh, that's right, Wong has a >34.00 ERA.

Isiah Thomas: The ESPN scroll last night had the AD from Florida International say that since Thomas' hiring at least 1000 people have called for tix and over 300 players have called to enquire about coming to the school.

Sure, those are good headlines now. Good luck with that. I hope it's worth the millions in damages and judgements that might be coming their way. Oh, and you're still Florida International...

9. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chancellor or athletic director (I can't remember) of FIU also introduced him to a packed arena as "Isiah Thompson."

10. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It makes you wonder if he's reconsidering his plan to donate his first year's salary back to the athletic department... ;)

11. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a 5 day hiatus, I am back. Did I miss anything?

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You were gone? ;)

13. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL! That is probably the longest I have gone without being on here in a couple of years. How sad is that.

14. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what the "real" camera policies (as opposed to whatever is on some website somewhere) are at the CAB? Will I be hassled by the man for bringing in a DSLR?

I'm ready to branch out from crappy nature photography into crappy sports photography. Blurry pictures of the Cauldron certainly can't look any worse than blurry pictures of flowers. :cool:

15. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this largely by design though? One of the main goals behind the IRL split from CART way back when was lower tech, more standardized cars that would lower the cost of entry.

16. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just lost the game

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what does this mean?

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what the Panic option is at the bottom of the post?

In KU news today, the Henry brothers will be playing at Kansas. Next years team is going to be amazing.

19. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    It links to google?

20. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I just lost the game.

21. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! :(

23. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, they should be. It's going to be fun watching them.

24. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...at the disco?

25. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's for those times on Bigsoccer where somebody posts naked pictures of a shemale transvestite and your eyes get about 1/3rd of the way down the picture before you decide that you're really, really not interested in seeing the rest.

Metaphorically speaking.