Wiz/SJ thoughts and PbP

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by AndyMead, Nov 15, 2003.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Pre-Wiz/SJ thoughts

I just wanted to stop by and say congrats before tonight's game decides who your opponent will be.

After tonight's game things will invariably be different. Either I'll be mildly disinterested or actively cheering against you.

Regardless of who wins next week in LA, you guys have had an awesome season. Congrats. I have a lot of friends in Section 8, and I hope to see you all out in LA next week. I'm staying at the Hilton.

One of my favorite memories of MLS Cup 2000 was having dinner after the game with a mixed group of 20 or so Mystics and Barnburners.

I hope that, aside from some friendly and not-so-friendly banter, we can remain friends outside the stadium.

Congrats and Go Fire.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Pre-Wiz/SJ thoughts

That really was quite cool, mainly for how randomly it happened. Two decidedly different groups of people somehow ended up at the same buffet-type place on their way back to their respective hotels.

3. One of these years I'll scan the dozen or so photos I have of that dinner & put them on line somewhere.

4. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Game Underway.

Kansas City Wizards -- Tony Meola, Jimmy Conrad, Diego Gutierrez, Nick Garcia, Carey Talley, Chris Klein, Preki, Kerry Zavagnin, Stephen Armstrong, Wolde Harris, Igor Simutenkov.

Substitutes Not Used: Davy Arnaud, Bo Oshoniyi, Eric Quill, Josh Wolff, Alex Zotinca.

San Jose Earthquakes -- Pat Onstad, Craig Waibel, Troy Dayak, Eddie Robinson, Jeff Agoos, Brian Mullan, Richard Mulrooney, Ronnie Ekelund, Manny Lagos, Jamil Walker, Landon Donovan.

Substitutes Not Used: Jon Conway, Ramiro Corrales, Dwayne De Rosario, Todd Dunivant, Rodrigo Faria, Roger Levesque, Chris Roner, Ian Russell, Josh Saunders.

5. Incredible! A lively crowd in SJ tonight. Last week's game must have really amped them up.

6. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    0-0 at the end of the first half.
    What is this. a mirror image of last night's game?

7. UltraPG

UltraPG New Member

May 13, 2000
    chicago
    1-0 KC 57th

8. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    If I had to pick....Id have to go with KC since we can pay them back for 2000 and cause I think they are a bit more deserving. Cant say the San Jose Ultras and Final should be in the same sentence.

9. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Lagos equalizes

1-1 at just over an hour.

10. RaginInferno

RaginInferno New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Lockport, IL
    2-1 KC 72nd min

11. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Wolff came on for whom? And was Klein offside?

12. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Brian Mullan in the 83rd and the game is tied at two.

13. RaginInferno

RaginInferno New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Lockport, IL
    I thought Klien was offside too. guess not.

2-2

this looking exciting. :D

14. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm glad one of the two semifinals has a bit few goals in it (not for myself, but for publicity, etc.). It's quite an exciting second half, isn't it. Enjoyable for the neutral (though part of me doesn't want Donovan's team to win, because he's a brat).

What do you think about either of these teams against the Fire? I can't really tell how good they are, but after what I saw last night, I think we can do anything...

We've got another GG overtime. Can't anybody win in 90 these days? ;)

Gutierrez has turned in to a savvy little sweeper. I was never convinced when he played outside-center back for us, but he's doing well. Watching Gansler's pep talk on yahoo right now, which is interesting to see. Davy Arnaud coming in, apparently. I mean, the wizards do play some nice ball, and I wouldn't necessarily say boring, but it's...methodical...

15. RaginInferno

RaginInferno New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Lockport, IL
    Overtime

Next person to score gets to get whipped by us!

16. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's too bad it's golden goal, because I reckon somebody will score in 30 mins, and it's been a while since I've seen a penalty shoot-out, especially one I'm not emotionally invested in...

17. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, checked up on the PBP and it was 1-1. Went to drain the lizard and grab a snack and it's 2-2.

18. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Donovan gets the Golden Goal in the 20-somethingth minute.

Fire vs. San Jose in the final.

19. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Go Fire.

Play like you did last night, and you should be looking at trophy #2.

The team deserves it. All they have to do is earn it.

20. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate Landon Donovan. I hope we kick his ass next week. :mad:

Hey look, it's the top two teams. No upsets in these Playoffs, eh? Wowee.

Put your shirt on, b!tch... :rolleyes:

21. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Amen.

If DMB can get the winner, all is forgiven.
    ;)

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Pre-Wiz/SJ thoughts

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a great match!

I really enjoyed watching this one. SJ and KC showed so much guts and just neither wanted to slip up.

The 2 AET SJ really said forget you and took the match by the reins...SJ has some thorough breads...they never seemed to run out of gas. LD was very impressive to me.

MLS Cup should be a GREAT match!

24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Thanks. If nothing else, the East deserves the title this year. Our worst team would have easily been in third place is the West.

But I believe the Fire deserve it too.

25. UltraPG

UltraPG New Member

May 13, 2000
    chicago

Sorry to say, but you HOPE we kick his ass. Fire Fans dont hope those are Cubs Fans they hope. We know we will kick their ass.