Wiz @ Burn [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Jul 31, 2002.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Actually I don't think we played that way until towards the end.

The first half in particular we outplayed them by going forward a lot more than I thought we would and didn't play counter at all.

As the second half wore on we were pushed back rather than deliberately playing deeper. Of course after the goal we dropped more into a shell, but not too much I didn't think.

2. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No your right we came out like a ball of fire. But at the start of the second we never really took any risks. We were like a snake laying low in the grass waiting for that one good chance to strike.

Steven "I can only score if my shot is deflected" Armstrong. Not that I am complaining, I am just happy to have someone scoring.

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    The Wizards took 17 shots last night but only put 6 on goal. This is something that needs to be fixed. We also had 5 corner kicks none of them resulted with putting a shot on goal. If I remember corectly only one header resulted from a corner and that looked off by about 6 feet.

If those two areas were cleaned up we would score 3 goals every game.

Some good things are that we created many chances, definitely more than the 17 shots that were taken. Only 7 fouls all night, we are the cleanest team in the league.

and, that Meola's first shut out since a 10 man San Jose earthquakes.