With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching? [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

Yeah.....isn't that the "special" league? :D

2. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

Kansas City Chiefs Football and Golden State Warriors Basketball......:(

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Upcoming... Australia's test series against New Zealand

Looking forward to the one-day international at Telstra Dome early next month.

In the meantime... Pura Cup fixtures

That's one of the elite domestic cricket competitions in Australia-- we're busy cheering on Victoria. Go the Bushrangers!! :D

4. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

EPL and some Bunde...Bunda...um...German football. :)

Oh yeah, and the 2004 Ghoul Pool.

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Update: The Warriors are now 0-6. :(

And today's game wasn't even close.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

6. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Bushrangers?......brings back memories of my single days.:D

7. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

That ain't gonna be much of a series!! Bring on the Ashes.

I do believe we have some Rugby Test to luck forward to this month. How will Englands new coach do against the Aussies out for revenge?

-Richard

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Indeed, although the Ashes test isn't until next year (and in England, if I'm not mistaken).

Until then, bring on the Boxing Day test at the MCG. :)

9. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE

Watching SJSU v. #13 Boise State at Le Stade Spartan on ESPN2 right now. Started at 9 AM, the earliest known kickoff in NCAA history. For some reason, the Spartans (who were 33 point underdogs at home) aren't getting their asses handed to them, and in fact are leading halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Looks like the early morning start brought out a good crowd, and BSU has tons of fans in the East side stands.

I had only planned on watching this for five or so minutes, but it's a pretty good game. Should've gone, but I don't usually get too worked up about college sports.

10. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE

Oh, and speaking of other sports besides MLS...those of you whlo can't bring yourselves to watch MLS Cup tomorrow, but are still jonesing for soccer, could check out Stanford v. Santa Clara (women) at noon at Buck Shaw Stadium at SCU tomorrow at noon. It's a playoff. I doubt I'll go, but FYI...

11. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you take this year's series, you might have to prognosticate my picks for 2005. :p

(and you will have to "retire" and just play for the heck of it...)

:D

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yaaay!!! The Warriors finally won one. They're now 1-6. :D

Granted, the win was against the expansion Charlotte Bobcats, but still...

-G

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was a great game! I watched most of it.... At least until my Duckies started. Then I flipped back and forth.

It was not a good weekend for most of my teams. Must be because I didn't get to park in my regular spot at the airport. That musta thrown off the karma. Then my flight home was filled with Beavers! Oh well. I kinda like the Beavers too. But this is not a good week to admit that!

Go Ducks! ;)

14. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The San Francisco 49ers are now 1-8-0. :(

Can someone please go back in time and bring back Joe Montana or Steve Young... or even Jeff Garcia or Steve Bono, for that matter?

-G

15. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My Raiders didn't lose today.

Then again, they didn't play. :(

16. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone except Jeff Garcia... please...

Even Bono has a Super Bowl ring... Not Jeffrey... :(

Doesn't help that the Raiders aren't doing well either, but don't tell... PSP

:D

Cheers!

17. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm a Chiefs fan, too... :(

On the other hand, my Memphis Tigers are doing well. In football (great showcase for the nation Friday night on ESPN2, and we're going bowling for the second year in a row), in basketball (the team is loaded), AND soccer (C-USA Men's Champions after an awesome second half comeback against UAB yesterday). I also root for the Grizz, though not with nearly as much passion as I do the Tigers. The Tigers' success really makes it hard for me to be too upset about the Chiefs' complete tankjob.

That SJSU-Boise State game was shocking. Couldn't believe they put up such a fight.

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know the Raiders aren't doing all that flash, but still better than the 49ers (a.k.a., The Evil Empire From Across The Bay).

The Raiders have three times as many wins as do the 49ers this year. Yeah, it's just three wins for Oakland so far, but you can do the math. ;)

Any time the Raiders are winning more than the Evil Empire is, then it's a very good year...

19. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

You are correct. And for the first time for a loing time England have a chance ( albeit it small). I would love to go to a Boxing Day test at the MCG. I really miss playing cricket. It was the only sport that I was any good at playing.

I also see that the Great Britain Rugby League beat Oz on Saturday :)

-Richard

20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rugby League? That's considered a weird footy code here in Victoria. ;)

And speaking of the cricket, result from the weekend in the Pura Cup competition... Victoria lost to Western Australia in Melbourne by four runs in a rain-shortened series.

What a stuff-up by Vics -- The Herald Sun (Melbourne)

Richard, you mentioned the rugby union test between Australia and England coming up-- and I'd have to agree that with revenge on the Aussies' minds, the coaching change for England might be a great equaliser between the two sides. The great unknown, IMHO.

However, the Wallabies didn't do so hot in their last test over the weekend, losing to the French at the Stade de France by a 27-14 final.

French expose Wallaby flaws -- The Herald Sun

21. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hartlepool United beat Lincoln 3-0 Saturday to progress to the second round of the FA Cup. They have a home draw vs Aldershot Town of the conference in the next round so its looking good for third round and hopefully draw a big team.

But, whats up with NY Giants...:(

-Richard

22. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

The frogs are almost impossible to beat at the Stade de France. Also, they are probably the best team in the Northern Hemisphere right now, so I don't think that is to much a shock result.

England beat Canada 70-0 Saturday, this coming week-end they have South Africa, who just lost to Ireland, so it should be intersting.

-Richard

23. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know what you mean... I tipped them this weekend. :(

However, a loss was the exception to the rule for me today, as I went 9-4 on my weekend NFL tips heading into the Monday night game between Philadelphia and Dallas (tipping the Eagles there).

A marked improvement over my usual tipping efforts this season...

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Would Jeffrey have gotten a Super Bowl ring eventually (assuming the team also kept Terrell Owens and Garrison Hearst... or not)? :confused:

-G

25. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County

I don't understand it. Any of it. And it's not like I haven't tried. :eek: