With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching? [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

D'oh! Never mind then. :(

I'm sure that Spartan Shops wouldn't have much trouble having the Spartans play in Spartan Stadium on the same day and time that the Earthquakes play in their South Bay SSS. The question is whether or not by then cloning technology will have advanced to the point where you and your clone can call each game live simultaneously. :eek:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

I really wanna go to the Civil War. But I'm not even going to say how much I'd have to spend on those tickets. :(

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The last few Duck seasons haven't been too good for Berkeley.

GO DUCKS!

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At least you can order it on DVD from here.

-G

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cal-Oregon recap

Me, I've been watching the cricket, whenever I've had a chance to sit down and watch TV (I've been that damned busy with work). Actually got to catch a bit of the fourth test between Australia and India a couple of nights ago, but I'm really looking forward to the Boxing Day test at the MCG between Australia and Pakistan. Perhaps even from a working bartender's perspective. :)

6. sacrxy

sacrxy BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 6, 2003

UC Davis Aggies pointy ball which knocked off #6 ranked Cal Poly in NCAA I-AA football last week and soon B-ball . The Fighting Illini pointy ball................OK I will wear a paper bag over my face..................I am still a Cubs fan after all these years...........

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you, but I don't need to relive that when I already went through the torture live.

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry about that, Erin. Just relaying information. :)

Were you at the game in Berkeley? I was talking to someone at a party last night (at the wedding reception I was bartending at), and someone who was an exchange student at Stanford (in and around Melbourne, yeah... small world, huh?), and he said that one of his regrets from the time he spent in the Bay Area was that he never went across the bay to Berkeley to witness a Big Game.

I told him that the couple of those that I got to see in Berkeley in the '80s (I was seeing a woman over there at the time, and she's been going to Cal games for as long as she can remember), that those were some of the biggest sporting spectacles I can ever recall witnessing live.

Speaking of The Big Game, that's coming up at the end of the month, too. Is it at Berkeley or Palo Alto this year?

9. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nope I wasn't in Berkeley. I was in Portland watching it on TV. I wouldn't go to Berkeley for a game for any reason. Not even if my Ducks were there!! I don't like Berkeley!!!

10. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was in Berkeley today. It was fantastic.

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:p

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Berkeley's okay. Except for the 28 bucks in parking I had to pay the last time I was there.

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How about the San Jose SaberCats and the San Jose Stealth? :confused:

-G

14. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

However, walking up and down Telegraph Avenue and doing some basic people-watching there, that's priceless. :p

15. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View

Was it the marijana proposition or the prostitution one?

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

USA national team
    Champions' League
    ManUtd and the Premiership in general (need I mention the big Manchester derby later this morning?)

17. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DC United

18. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My life revolves around sports - not politics. I'm the least political person on the planet. So I think it's the football. Although I really have to say that I don't dislike Berkeley as much as I said. They have a good team. But they beat my Ducks so I wanted to not like them. :)

19. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Only few know about my view on politics, which is why I'd rather be mum on that area, save for my journal... To me, there's more to life than sports, but then again still, can't live without it...

And, GO BEARS, though I never went to Cal, having to attend a commuter school in San Francisco.

Since there's no ice hockey, there's always the Fox Sports World fix. Since everyone is trying to get me to support their team, I'd rather watch the quality of play and maybe get another hand at tactical play.

:p

20. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's ice hockey here in Portland. It's not NHL, but it's still fun to watch.

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's also EA Sports games. :D

-G

22. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I wasn't the only person taking in the Santa Clara-Portland soccer game today. So were Dom and Lalas, taking notes on the players. I don't think there were many that were impressive, given that they lost 2-1 after a truely horrid first half (although a much better second one).

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With the Warriors currently at 0-4, I suppose that :eek: was prophetic. :(

-G

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now it's 0-5. :(

-G

25. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA

With all that is hanging in the balance, I'm *still* watching the Earthquakes...just not on the pitch but in the papers. :D