With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching? [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

It doesn't involve drugs, but it does involve cheating. What Tyler Hamilton has been reported as testing positive for is having been transfused with someone else's blood, which is a violation of Olympic and pro cycling rules (and insanely dangerous). It's a brand new test, so there's some question about the validity of it.

I wonder if anyone in MLS is using performance enhancing drugs...

2. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    Re: With the Earthquakes' season over, which teams/sports are you currently watching?

Cool.

3. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS

MHYSL U10G Earthquakes!

NVSL U14G Crazy Legs!

Santa Clara Women's & Men's Soccer (Saturday & Sunday, respectively)

Will also buy a dish to start watching German soccer, if ya' get my drift.

P.S. On KFUX this morning, I heard a Sharks fan lamenting a lost season. Kihn asked him if he thought the strike was due to the outragous salraies the players are demanding. The fan said, "On average, hockey players are the least payed professional athletes".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS

Hey, you guys need a 42-year old fullback/wing sub? Still got my legs (well, they ARE 42 years old, but they're there!).

5. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Real Salt Lake, from what I've heard.

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bill Parcells is awesome!!!! I love that guy!

I used to be a huge Cowboys fan. I was a Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember growing up. But when all that drama hit, I left. I can't stand that kinda drama in sports!

7. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yikes!!!! And you're still a Quakes fan? :D

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's probably a member of the Mark Ibanez school of What Constitutes Real Sports.
    :(

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One of my daughter's teachers in the 7th grade was from Hartlepool. Claimed it was the center of the Universe.

10. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What I do almost every week...

DVR and watch soccer on FSW, Gol TV, and EPSN 2 which includes:

EPL
    Bundesliga
    Seria A
    Spanish La Liga
    Argentina La Liga
    UEFA Champions League

I don't watch baseball, hockey, or basketball. Slowly over the last couple oif years, I don't watch much American football.

11. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco

"Forza Milan"

12. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam

Go Trojans! Fight On!

Stay Quakes! We believe!

13. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca

what do you mean the season is over....

didn't preseason 2005 start Sunday morning?

14. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Bass Fishing and Real Betis Balompie games on GOLTV! :>D

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Pichi

15. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

They don't teach you that in school over here ??

-Richard

16. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I might pick up some OSU soccer games.. and the USMNT in a couple of weeks!!! YAY!

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course I enjoy watching soccer games from abroad on FSW and other channels, but I don't really follow (i.e. care who wins) any team other than the pro teams I linked to in the first post of this thread, as well as SJSU teams and U.S. National Teams (soccer, hockey, etc.). :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't worry - it was just announced that Stanford football will be coming to visit you for at least the next three years. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

No...they'll only come to visit us once (in 2008). We'll be partying in the eucalyptus groves on 3 other occasions (2006, 2007, 2009)...assuming the Quakes aren't playing the same night at the same time like they did this season.

20. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I must have been absent that day.:)

As far as watching other stuff with MLS in hiatus, it will probably be FSN and GolTV. I might watch an occasional LFM game. I have set "search all content" in the DishTV DVR search function for "Leverkusen" and "PSV". (Pessimist!)

21. Warren Van Orden

Feb 29, 2000
    Richmond CA

[​IMG]

22. MLSFAN20

MLSFAN20 New Member

May 20, 2001
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm one depressed man. I will not be watching anything!!! The NHL having their season virtually canceled pisses me off. I guess it could be a blessing in disguise not having to drop money for the 15+ games I go to every season, but that wouldn't even matter anyways. I tried going to only my second Warriors Game ever and I wasn't even excited the least bit. Even when the game went down the wire, I wasn't yelling or cheering. Same Warriors no matter how they lose, whether it's a blowout or 3-point lost. Don't really like football. They aren't worthy of being watched this season anyways. I actually might go to a couple of San Jose Stealth Lacrosse games once the season starts in Jan. Other than that, it's going to be a long, long 4+ months of the offseason. Thank God, I still have my roller hockey league to play for!

23. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View

I watched the game between KC and LA last night or at least most of it. Somehow the Murky can post MFL and European games in its 'whats on air' list but not the playoffs for our own league.

DC vs NE is on FSW today at 4:00.

24. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Woo hoo! It's college football day! GO DUCKS!!!

25. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View

In related news: Duck season opens in Berkeley today.