With teams like Spurs & LeArse- No wonder London rioted: OTT 19 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by idreamofpikas, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Plus, its good to see Basel progress for the first time in years. :)

2. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that is a mood lifter for sure

3. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other news, I hope that someone looks into the Group D final matchday. Reeks of matchfixing.

4. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree on Shaqiri. First caught glimpses of him at the U-20 and he looked the part. Against the Scum today, he was great, and a very intelligent player as well. Definitely worth a cheeky £20M bid.

When Basel conceded that incredibly soft Phil Jones goal, I really thought they'd come back and tie it. When the final whistle blew, I couldn't wipe the grin from my face.

5. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The parallels between spanish football and spanish bullfighting becoming more and more intriguing the deeper you go. The barcelona/Madrid centralism, while respects are paid to Valenica and Sevilla and other outside towns, Spain will always be a tale of two cities, so to speak.

I've grown up in Miami and always been exposed to Latin culture, but thing that helped me understand Spain and various aspects of its politics, sports, and cultural identity has been reading various books about bullfighting.

and to make this post football related: I'm tired of barca diving. Kick busqets. Kick pedro. Kick Iniesta (a little), and smash Alves. There's a obvious and intolerable line between embellishment of fouls and complete play acting. Far too often they play the role on stage.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    "5"

7. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    "it does mean one thing...its right through thursdays and sundays. Its not the best." SAF

lmfao. :D

8. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7PkwApZncs&feature=player_embedded"]Alex Ferguson walks out of Press conference - YouTube[/ame]

"You seeeeeeous?"

10. Benitezisgod

Benitezisgod Red Card

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Typical Mr Ferguson, as petulant as ever, he's getting worse as he's getting older. He should take a well deserved retirement and seek treatment for his obvious dementia.

11. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be fair, that was after the Benfica match. Still, turns out that reporter had an seeeous point after all. :D

12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

are you ********ing kidding me? the manager of a supposed World Power walked out a press conference when it was intimated that his team was "struggling".

Can you be a bigger bitch than that?

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After the Manchester clubs unexpected elimination from the Champion’s League there will be a minutes laughter before all premiership games this weekend.

14. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do I have to admit that I stole this from an Evertonian? :)

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  16. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    when you look at the scoreline, and understand what lyon had to do to go through, it seems suspicious... but, if you watch the goals, none of them seem particularly soft... the last three could be argued resulted directly from a lack of effort, but that could easily be down to a team that was down and beaten... does anyone think besiktas threw the match when we beat them 8-0?

plus, if you're going to throw a match, why score first? just to throw 'em of the scent?

17. Benitezisgod

Benitezisgod Red Card

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is Mr Ferguson after all, he has always thought he is above the law and above everyone else. He's spent 25 years at Manchester United and won 2 European Cups. Bob Paisley spent 9 years at Liverpool and won 3 European Cups. Forever in the shadow of Uncle Bob.

18. Benitezisgod

Benitezisgod Red Card

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our 8-0 drubbing of Besiktas was investigated by UEFA for potential match fixing (if I am not mistaken?)

19. Benitezisgod

Benitezisgod Red Card

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I see Wayne "I'm a Shrek look-a-like thug" has had his three match suspension reduced to a two match suspension. Once again, an England International gets preferential treatment for being an absolute mindless thug. His selection will be a waste seeing as he never really performs for England. I'd rather see Crapello take Darren Bent, Jermain Defoe, Michael Owen and Peter Crouch. At least you're guaranteed goals from these players and you're guaranteed that they won't get themselves sent off.

Vidic's agent says he is set for a lengthy lay off, watch how United start leaking the goals. A past it Rio Ferdinand and an inconsistent Jonny Evans, that should be interesting.

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    True but for the sake of the argument, there is a picture going around in FB which shows that same Vida player coming out of a betting parlor in Zagreb. A friend of mine tagged me on it to ask my thoughts. To me, it just seems "too easy" to put together: are DZ players that dumb? Or specifically, is Vida that dumb?

I will post the pic later today, when I am on my comp, btw.

21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Its true, but all Ajax had to do was a nil all draw or even lose by only 1 goal, and they still would've gone through. They let through 3 and that's it. ;)

22. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They also seemed to have scored 2...

23. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah, I could've sworn the ref thought Ajax were Liverpool for some reason...

24. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Reports that Vidic may be out for the season with cruciate ligament damage. Not sure exactly how long he will be out, but certainly several months. I doubt he will return this season. Big blow for Man U but we will have to see if Smalling and Jones can step up.

25. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torres is praying for his recovery:eek: