Wisdom Teeth Are Really Lame...

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by Chewie23, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Chewie23

Chewie23 Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, today I ate something and noticed a small perk in the back of my mouth, and I have a wisdom tooth coming in. What do you recommend? Should I get it removed? How Do I know if I should? Does it Hurt like hell?

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth chiseled out of my jaw at the same time, I was high for 4 days afterward on Percocet. The all Jello diet following the surgery sucked though.

3. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i got mine pulled out already...yeahh itll hurt if you dont take em out...mysmart ass dentist decided to ******** up on one, and though it was out..HAHA he just took out SOME of the tooth..wow..make sure they dont ******** up.

itll hurt a little when they take it out, unless their VERY good.
    but you cant eat shit afterwards..sooo eat all your fav. foods before they take em out...HAH

4. overlookedx

overlookedx Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just had my wisdom teeth out about a month ago. I had virtually no pain after the surgery, just took some ibuprofen, worst of it was a headache on the 6th day. The bleeding and no eating kinda sucks, but other than that is was no problem. You should probably get em out.

5. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, go see your dentist.

It's generally better to have them out while you are young. The longer you wait, the more it sucks. If you let it go too long they can push the rest of your teeth out of place. Also, it hurts more once they take root.

The worst part about having mine out was that I learned I was allergic to codeine afterwards. I could have gotten by with no pain killers or just aspirin.

Do go see your dentist right away. If yours are coming in sideways, you'll need to do something about them before the season starts.

Maybe you'll be lucky and get along with the pain killers like Beerking, instead of puking like me. :eek:

GOOOOOO QUAAAAAAAAKES!!!!!!!! :D

- Mark

6. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Despite all the fear that some people want to place you in, removing wisdom teeth is virtually painless these days.

If you only have one coming in, have it removed asap. It's much easier to heal after removing just one than removing all 4 at once.

7. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My daughter had all four out at once a few years ago. She's a real wimp about such things and it wasn't too bad on her at all.

Sooner better than later. Go see your dentist QB, like today.

GO QUAKES!

- Mark

8. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    zzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggggg

and smoke is all your going to seeee!!!!!!!

hheheh dentists are evil QB.

ewww

your gonna have a irony and blood taste in your mouth when you wake up..itll taste like shit, and your breath smells like donkey ass.

i loved getting mine pulled out

9. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had all four of mine taken out last summer, by far one of the worst experiences of my life. The survery was fine, but I was in so much pain afterwards. I tried vicodin, advil, oragel, none of it worked; the pain lasted about 2 weeks.

My friend had hers taken out by the same surgeon and was fine after three days. So don't get too freaked out by my horrid experience! :p

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As others have said, go see the dentist. She will tell you whether you need to have them taken out. Interestingly, some people have enough space in their mouths that they don't have to have them removed. Apparently thousands of years ago, when we ate more bones, they were necessary. Anyway, see what the dentist says (BTW, you don't need to hear my story about my wisdom-teeth removal, you've already had enough horror stories from the others).

11. TrepX

TrepX New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I Smoke marijuana and it prevents wisdom teeth from comming in. I recommend getting blasted.

12. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DAAAMNNN DAWWWGGG THTS SOME GOOOD CHRONIC SHIT RIGHT THERE.:cool:

13. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Man, I wish someone would have had some J around when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Bong might have helped with the shock, fever and hemorrhage.

14. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or had been friends with Michael Phelps ;)

15. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recommend not listening to this sort of advice as it's some the most ridiculous I've ever heard. Some people do not grow wisdom teeth at all. If you think yours are coming, go seek professional advice. It's probably better than listening to stoners on BS.

GOOOOO QUAAAAAAKES!!!!!! :D

- Mark

16. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, do as Mark says and get professional advice. In the very least, very least. you should be visiting a dentist every year anyway (six months is even better). So go see your dentist and see what he or she has to say.

I didn't even realize mine were coming in until my dentist told me at a visit. One was coming in sideways. I had them all removed at one time. I was eating pizza less than 24 hours later. I had no pain that advil couldn't cure, but I wish I had known that before I took Vicoden before going to bed that night. The worst part of the whole thing was the way I felt from that stuff! And the blood. I don't have a bleeding problem, but I do bleed easily. So I had a lot of blood, and I'm really grossed out by blood. Put a few towels on your pillow/bed that night.

Eww.... I'm kinda grossed out now.

Anyway, best advice, go see your dentist to get an opinion an a referral or two or three.

17. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Phelps wasn't even born when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. In fact, chances are his mother and father might not have been born. That was back in the days when dentists tied one end of a string to a tooth and the other end to a concrete block and then threw the block out the window. It was either you or the tooth.

18. TrepX

TrepX New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phelps says smoke marijuana.

What Phelps Says > What Mark Says

I still like you mark :D

19. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I used to smoke some herb back in the day. (That would waaaaaaaay back in the day. Ancient history to you.) I'd like to see it legalized. I'm just saying that QB should go see her dentist, rather than toke up and hope the issue goes away.

Hey E! Nice to see you. Thanks for backing me up.

GO QUAKES! :D

- Mark

20. Chewie23

Chewie23 Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I go to the dentist every 6 months, I've never had a cavity lol. And my teeth are as white as you can get w/o bleach. Anyways We'll see i have a dentist in appointment in a few weeks. The thing is, isnt it supposed to hurt? Mine doesnt hurt..

21. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wisdom teeth are strange. It may not hurt, at first, or ever. Heck, you might have enough room in your mouth for your wisdom teeth, some people do.

But most people do not have enough room for the extra teeth. So when they grow in they push the rest of your teeth in to bad positions causing you all sorts of problems. You have to get your wisdom taken care of before they move your other teeth. Otherwise you're talking about lots of trips to the dentist, tons of pain, and months of getting your teeth back in their proper positions. We're taking braces!!

Call your dentist. Get your appointment moved up. Hey, it could be no big deal, or it might be really serious.

Good luck!!

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

22. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more story since no one has had one like mine, but I did have all 4 of them showing and the bottom ones probably did move my teeth enough to make one shift out a bit crooked, (which I would think that just the threat of something like that happening to your smile would send you racing to the Dentist).

But, I did not have them pulled until the gum near one of my bottom wisdom teeth got bumped or something and it swelled up just enough that it would get squeezed between the top and bottom wisdom teeth when I tried to close my mouth completely.

NOW that F*cking hurt like hell and was way worse than the discomfort of post wisdom tooth removal I had done within 72 hours of that swollen gum torture. :eek:

23. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got all four of mine pulled out friday morning. Word of advice if you dont wana look like a chimpmuck. Ice right away and dont stop. Seriously as soon as i got home i iced. And i kept icing the whole day. And i have not swelled up. And keep up wiht your pain med. They help to. Try not to talk the first two days

24. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and to help stop the bleeding.

try warm water and salt...not the best tasting stuff

but the dentist told me "it will stop bleeding in a few hours"

and me being the stupid little child that i am, and never listining to a dentist(ahh wtf do they know anyways?!)

i go home first thing i do, warm water and salt, rinse in your moouth like lesterine.

then...i told my mom too make me a steak and mash potatoes..i ate all of it with my front and corner teeth.

LMAO

now everything is fine :D

seee when you get your teeth pullled you can ALWAYS find a way around things.

stupid loooozer dentistsss

they think imma sit around eating jello...