Wisconsin State Cup Draws

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by chinaglia, Mar 20, 2007.

1. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cup draws came out today. U13 Girls Brackets:

Group A
    NEW United
    FC Milwaukee Blue
    Play-in winner (Tosa Kicks/Fondy Vipers)
    Play-in winner (Croatian Eagles/FCM Falls)

Group B
    Madison 56ers Red
    Grafton Rangers
    Princeton White
    Waunakee Spirit

Group C
    SC Waukesha Blasters
    Brookfield Red
    LCU Blast
    Play-in winner (Hartford United/Elm Grove Academy)

Group D
    Mequon Red
    Appleton Arsenal
    United FC Red
    MYSC Blue

Group A looks tough with FC Milwaukee and NEW United both exceptional teams. Group B looks like a battle between Madison 56ers and Waunakee. Group C looks to be most likely owned by Waukesha and Group D belongs to Mequon.

Group winners advance to semi-finals.

2. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Why did they put NEW United and FCM in the same bracket??

3. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not really sure. The 3 strongest teams in the competition are NEW United, FC Milwaukee and Mequon. I would have thought that they would have separated the 3 of them into different groups. Should be a good weekend of soccer that's for sure.

4. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    These are U13s, right? Did they have a State Cup competition last year? If so, they should have been seeded according to results from last year. If not, they should have went off of league results or some other form of assesment. Does not sound like they did either, it sounds as if it was just a complete draw from a hat. I am not sure how Iowa handles the U13s as far as seeding, but in looking at this year's draws-- it appears that they spread out the strength to get a better competitive final.

5. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No state cup at U12. This is the first year. Based on Premier League results from the fall NEW United would be top except that FC Milwaukee Blue plays up at U14 premier.

So, I have no idea how they did the draw. I think it will be a good tournament regardless.

6. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, This is going to be a fun weekend.

Mequon is really struggling in premier league play as is United FC. MYSC Blue and Appleton Arsenal are first division teams so who knows what happens in that group. Maybe give the nod to Appleton since they are playing at home.

Waukesha is not overly talented but do have one amazing girl. They have a relatively week group and should make the semi-finals.

NEW United and FC Milwaukee Blue should definitely battle for group A with Waunakee taking Group B.

This is just going to be a wild weekend in Appleton, WI.