WIP Breakdown

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by Rickster, May 9, 2006.

1. rohara30

rohara30 New Member

May 3, 2006
    You guys, all these people are old, and old people don't like soccer. They didn't grow up with it and see it as a sport stealing athletes away from the usual sports. Who cares what WIP thinks. They're a bunch of douches. I have called in to the show hosted by the Flyers's play-by-play guy to comment on the World Cup, and he likes soccer a lot. And no callers directed grief my way after my call either, which surprised me.

2. Leon_St_Spurs

Leon_St_Spurs New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Phila
    flyers play-by-play guy? Jim Jackson? Does he have a show? Or is he a replacement/weekend guy?

3. mdelrossi1

mdelrossi1 Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Center City Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he had a show when he needed to find some work during the hockey lockout

4. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of those people are old and old people don't like soccer? I'm 33. A few people on that list are around my age and I like soccer and grew up with it. I have a 22 month old son and his most popular phrase at the moment is "daddy watch soccer fox channel gol tee wee." (BTW, I'll have to post a video clip of him doing a fox soccer channel dance) Let's not speak in generalities so broad they can't be explained properly or defended.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a lot of WC soccer talk by the mid-day guys right now. They are admitting their lack of understanding of the game, but showing interest in understanding it a bit better.

6. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Anyone know how I can email the midday guys? I can't call in because
    I'm at work but I could when I'm at the WC.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States