Winter Transfer window

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Brandon313, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Any news in the transfer market?? Ill start...

there are reports that Olympiakos are keen to land Daniel Jensen......im worried about this personally...we need him, but he doesnt feel as though he is given the respect/time he deserves...whereas Olympiakos are a champions league team where he would be a permanent starter....

2. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Also, on a side note, i think that the end of this season will be the last we will see of Diego in Green and White...he is an absolute gem and you know he feels like he is not winning the silverware he deserves. I thought it was absolute class that he signed an extension with us....basically he was saying thank you for everything the club has given him.. Because we all know that Real is willing to splash out 35 million to buy him from us...and with the more time on his contract, the more money he will make us when the transfer finally comes...

I have no doubt that he will go to Real Madrid simply because, its probably the marquis club that he aspires to play for, as many others do, and he has some good friends there....baptista and robinho to be more specific...

anyways, i say that this happens over the summer

3. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    Bayern's interest in Pandev could open the opportunity to sign Podolski..

Podolski has recently said in an interview that he will be definitely leaving if Bayern sign Pandev.

4. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I´m a definitely not worried about Jensen going to Olympiacos, not because of the team, but because of the Greek league, which is extremly weak at some points. No one wants to play in front of 1,000 fans, then Jensen could play in a German 4th division game of the SV Meppen or Oldenburg. :)

Diego will leave this year or 2009, that´s not questionable. :(

I personally think we have enough strikers and should rather invest in midfield, defense or a second goalkeeper.

5. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    yea either goalkeeper or another strong attacking midfield....it will be important to hold onto Jensen and Alberto with the imminent departure of Diego in the future...im sure Jensen knows this and will be more willing to stay on because of it

6. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I don't know why everybody expects Diego to leave. Because the mediterranean tabloids say so? Because he's too good for Werder? What kind of attitude is that?

7. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    Diego signed a contract extension earlier this season so I doubt he will move in the summer.

While I do feel he will eventually leave I have a feeling we will be seeing him in a Bremen shirt next season.

8. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If a topclub offers a 30+ million bid and Diego would like to play for this team, then Bremen won´t say no.

Mosquera was linked to Freiburg.

9. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i have that attitude simply because it is a known fact that Diego would love to play for Real Madrid. Its a known fact that they want him, and its also a known fact that diego has many good friends on that squad...and if real madrid can offer 30+ mio for him, i doubt werder would say no..

10. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    Well I remember after the world cup Newcastle and other clubs offered more than 20 million for Klose and werder rejected..

11. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Klose didn´t want to leave that year, did he?

Bayern Munich watching Tim Borowski - in his current form, they shall have him!

12. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Marca and Gazetta Dello Sport decide what is what you call a "known fact"

13. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    know fact or not, werder is a top team. We've been competing in the league top 3 for years and have had impressive champions league results. Remember how diego was at Porto... he needs a system that he can play with and i think he knows this. Werder is a great fit for him. He is still very young.. i think he will stay in bremen longer time.

14. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    dont get me wrong guys, i dont want diego to leave bremen....i just think it is innevitable....and he HAS been quoted saying he would like to play with his buddies at Real...

but again, i would like nothing more than to have him stay!

15. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    well he has also been quoted saying that he'd love a move to italy... who knows what he wants.

anyway, didn't he come to bremen to win titles? he has been getting many individual awards but i don't think he'll leave without winning a major title like the bundesliga for the team. but if we don't win one anytime soon we probably will see him off to a bigger club after next season.
    the most important thing is that he is currently happy in bremen, and doesn't want out just yet. we're so lucky to see him play in green-white :)

16. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    It seems Borowski might be leaving Werder at the end of this season :(

17. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

'Where will he go' do you think ?

18. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Atletico Madrid, if Bremen doesn´t offer him a contract.

19. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    What happened between Werder and Borowski? About a month or two ago I thought he was set to receive a new contract.

I would love to keep him, but not if it costs Werder too much. He has been very injury prone the last two years, and I think he can be replaced.

20. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Werder is willing to buy Nikolaos Spryropoulos.
    24 years old, left defender, Greek nationalteam player, costs 2 million.

The talks seem to be quite advanced and until the 20.01 Bremen wants to make the transfer official.

Link: http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=114818 (Status: vage)
    Στη Βέρντερ Βρέμης και όχι σε έναν εκ των «αιωνίων» φαίνεται ότι θα καταλήξει ο Νίκος Σπυρόπουλ& #959;ς. Σύμφωνα με το «Goal», οι συζητήσει& #962; της γερμανική& #962; ομάδας με τη διοίκηση του Πανιωνίου βρίσκοντα& #953; σε προχωρημέ& #957;ο στάδιο και το ποσό για την απόκτηση του 24χρονου αμυντικού αγγίζει τα 2 εκατ. ευρώ, τα οποία, όπως όλα δείχνουν, ικανοποιο& #973;ν τους «κυανέρυθρ ους». Η μεταγραφή αναμένετα& #953; να ολοκληρωθ& #949;ί μέχρι τις 20 Ιανουαρίο& #965;, αφού η Bundesliga αρχίζει στις 2 του άλλου μήνα. Άλλωστε, ο Κώστας Τσακίρης είχε δηλώσει πως δεν θα σταθεί εμπόδιο στο δρόμο των ποδοσφαιρ& #953;στών του, αλλά με τη λογική ότι εκείνοι θα συνεχίσου& #957; την καριέρα τους στο εξωτερικό. Εκτός της Βέρντερ, πρόταση για την απόκτηση του διεθνούς άσου έχει καταθέσει και μία ιταλική ομάδα, που δεν είναι, όμως, του επιπέδου του γερμανικο& #973; συλλόγου.

21. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    We already have 4 left backs. It's just a newspaper rumour and I don't think it's worth anything.

22. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are absolutely right. In todays Weser Kurier Klaus Allofs said that Bremen has no interests in buying the Greek international.

Syker Kreiszeitung informs about a Bremen interest in JanRosental from Hannover 96.

Btw Womes contract´s running out and Boenisch has been injured for a long time. Tosics defensive abilities aren´t good enough, especially in CL games. Pasanen is more right back oder in the centre.

Left back is one of my main wishes for the next season.

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Werder continues their interest in central defender Sebastian Prödl.
    In summer Graz denied a 2 million € bid. A few days ago AC Florenz
    joined the race and accordning to some articles they made a bid of 2 - 2.5 million €.
    Some articles say Werder responsed with a 2.5 million € offer to get
    the 20 years old in summer (newspapers say, he doesn´t want to change the club now,
    but he wants to wait until the EC).

24. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one has thoughts on Tim Borowski moving to Bayern next season? Or am I posting this news in the wrong thread?

Kicker.de: Klinsmann holt Tim Borowski

Sorry guys. But as soon as Bayern signed Klinsmann, I told the people on the BVB e-mail list that they were going to immediately go after Borowski.

And more and more people are telling me they believe Torsten Frings is the team cancer I said he was awhile ago..... :eek:

25. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    I say "good riddance" to Borowski. I know he's a Bremen youth product, but I honestly don't care about him. The last two years he has spent more time nursing injuries than he has playing for Werder Bremen. I just wish that Carlos Alberto would follow him to Bayern. Maybe then we can start to get some consistency in our midfield...