Winter transfer window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody see that Liverpool got their 12M Euro offer for Daniel Alves turned down?

Daniel seems ready to leave, and I hope that we are the ones to oblige him. Saviola for Daniel seems about right to me.

And whatever happened to Fabio coming to Barca for our left back position. I think Heinze is great though, and would probably even be a good partner for Puyol.

2. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we're talking. I liked him a lot, but have lost track of him over the last year or so. How has he been doing?

This would be a great scenario. I love Heinze, and I think everyone was a little upset when we lost out on him to Man U. His ability to play both in central defense and left fullback at a world class level makes him a perfect fit. As I said maybe two years ago, having Heinze and Puyol in the back line together would give us one of the most versatile back lines in the world, and give Rijkaard a lot more flexibility with his subs.

3. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    What are the chances of Heinze joing us, will man united release him after he returns from injury? They might want to shift him to central defence to partner Ferdinand. I know it will be tough for us to get him considering the way Ferguson values him, he doesn`t even want him to be risked for the world cup. Personally i don`t see Heinze being fit and competing for a place in the Argentine world cup team considering his slow progress injury wise.

If he misses the world cup he will be fully recovered for next season, and this is what Alex wants.

As for Daniel Alves, we better act fast. I doubt Liverpool are still interested having signed Jan Kromkamp, i believe they are more interested in a central defender currently.

4. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bridge has been hurt for the better part of a year, and though I like him, too, I think Chelsea would be loathe to sell anyone to Barca. They, rightly, see Barca as their biggest challenge for the Champions' League and my guess is Abramovich would rather just eat the €10m than sell Bridge to the Camp Nou.

If Heinze could be pried from ManU, that's the ideal scenario, but I really doubt it will happen.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is Alves release clause? I wouldn't imagine it be that high. But possibly Sevilla got Alves to agree to raise it higher when Barca expressed interest in the first option last Summer.

6. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm hearing lots of chatter on Bridge to Spurs. Enough that I'm actually upgrading it from total bulls-it to "a bit of camel urine". But I agree that Barca and 'ski will not make any deals any time in the near future. Any talk is just one trying to unsettle the other's players.

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm pretty sure Heinze is staying at Old Trafford. He is appreciated by the fans there, and Fergie likes his playing style alot. Vidic will replace Silvestre in CD, who is a liability at the poistion. Evra and Heinze will battle out that spot once Heinze recovers from the surgery. Much more likely that John O Shea leaves us than heinze

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, they can battle it out for the spot, but someone is going to have to lose. Evra is younger, and he'll have the rest of this season to lock that spot down. I can see Heinze leaving next year. Personally, I don't have much faith that it'll happen, but I can see that it's possible.

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fair enough. As a United fan, I'd rather he stay. He's a great Right Back, and since I have yet to see Evra play, I'm partial to Heinze. Howeve,r time will tell.