Winter transfer window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    It was more than 2,5 million, believe me ;)

As goes for Barca:

Fabio Aurelio (free transfer in summer)
    Daniel Alves (swoop deal for Saviola)

and we have again free transfers :D

2. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    True, we will continue getting players with class on free transfers as we back up our financial future. More logical, let our rivals keep spending as we spend wisely.:)

3. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let our rivals...real madrid, spend like drunken sailors in their efforts to buy their way out of 6th place.

They are currently 13 points back, and show no signs of learning how to spell Kemistree (notice I didnt spell it for them)

Could this be the bad kharma for stealing figo finally coming hom to roost? We suffered, misspent our millions on mediocre players and finally cleansed ourselves of the whole mess and are back...meanwhile en la capital....

We dont need to sign anyone in the winter. Just make some smart reinforcement signings in the summer and focus on regaining our solid financial footing

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Summer Barça will have 7 players who are 30yrs old or older, Belletti (30); Gio (31); Edmilson (30); Larsson (nearly 35); Ezquerro (nearly 30); Giuly (30); and Sylvinho (32).

Most of these players are relatively young for 30 year olds, meaning they can contribute well for another 2 or so years. Out of all of these players, only 2 are consistent starters (Edmilson and half each for Gio/Syl). Over the next couple of years the 2 left backs will need to be brought in, possibly one RB (depends on confidence in Oleguer and Damia), a DM, a 2nd or 3rd forward, and possibly a versatile wing player.

With the rest of the team averaging 26-27 years old (I guess) and few oldies in key roles, the need for big signings is not really needed. The team should continue to bring in players on a free, along with 1-2 key (not necessarily big) signings, and some investment in youth (from the academy or from other clubs, such as Kompany).

5. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Since you can't even spell home and karma correctly, I don't think Real will be taking any spelling lessons from you anytime soon.

6. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ooooh spelling smack...good one!

7. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    I was just pointing out the irony, apparently it flew right over your head.

8. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    W-E-A-K

S-I-X-T-H P-L-A-C-E

9. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    We should have made some signings a LB CB striker (nihat)because altough we are winning,the team can be improved and some players could be had on the cheap like brazilian from malaga gabriel.People say he is better than cicinho and they got him for peanuts.Im happy with Belletti but he doesnt even play so that is a step down.

10. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    You should be concerned about Perez and his investiments. To me he is the best when it comes to transfers, the guy loves big spending. Gotta love him. Each point dropped by these los comedicos brings joy to the whole of the primera.:D

But hey borrow a leaf from our youth scheme, i`m sure you will save a lot of money.

11. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Nihat is a sharp shooter and i would welcome him but what the hell is he thinking heading to the cold Russian league? He is going to end up like Maniche and he will be back after one season or half a season. Unless he stays in the primera or moves to the premiership.

12. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    But Nihat doesnt want to go to Russia.Last ive heard Newcastle is interested in him.He could be had for cheap ugh.Come on Bakero and Txki get on the phone and make it happen.

13. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a fantastic post, and one that I hope ends up on Laporta's desktop. With Puyol, Xavi, Eto'o, Messi and most especially Ronaldinho in their primes, the central core of the team is formed and fit for the next five years. Additions will need to be made (Larsson's replacement, Maxi, is already on the squad), and quality youngsters like Kompany will always be of interest, but the key to this era of Barca is to build around the stars that are already here.

Seriously fantastic post, asta. I wish I had rep to send you.

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, anyone who plays Football Manger would know our age situation. ;)

Why do you think I'm so adamant that we bring in another left back? We missed out on Heinze, we missed out on Del Horno, and now it seems we missed out on Evra to the same team that beat us to Heinze! Talented young left backs have been a hot commodity over the last couple seasons. The other big clubs are beating us to all the good ones.

Someone like Ashley Cole would be perfect. It's about time he move up to a big club. :)

15. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    The way i see it, for the next two years we may continue with Gio and Sylvinho as our left backs or bring in an understudy to take over. For as long as they continue to play well may be until they approach 33-34. I would still welcome a rising left full back. The same goes for Santi.

Larsson will be gone and we might hold on to Guily since he accepts the role of a bench player even if he is a good dependable player if on top form. Still we may only have him for possibly the next 2-3 seasons.

In the summer we will address most of our problem areas with incoming new players. I also think we will upgrade some Barca-B players, may be one or two.

One thing for sure we better start looking for replacements well in time before the aging players reach that level when they are not as good. We don`t want to be in the situation of Real Madrid who are now searching for replacements for thier declining veteran players. It is not easy and they are making mistakes here and there.

16. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
  17. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cole would be a great purchase, but very, very expensive. I actually have just as much interest in his understudy, the Frenchman Clichy. He's not quite up to par defensively as yet, but is actually better going forward, and is just 20 years old.

I'd also take a long, hard look at Milan's Jankulovski, who for some reason just hasn't fit in at the San Siro. He was clearly the best left back at Euro04 (better than Cole in that tournament), and is still in his mid-20s. Another is Taye Taewo, a young Nigerian who plays for Marseille. Obviously there would be non-EU limit issues there, but if Marquez or Ronnie get their Spanish citizenship soon, a spot could open up.

18. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wenger will be extRemely reluctant to give up a young boy!!!!!!!!

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greddy has hit the nail on the head with the concern about missing out on Top Quality Left-backs.

20. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I completely agree. Players like Gabri, not highly rated, but very utility. He is somewhat of a poor mans Luis Enrique but slightly more defense (and not as good, yet quality utility), although LE21 did play a little more defense role while at RM. Needless to say, if Barca doesnt want him on their books, now is the time to capitalize on his services, otherwise find the floor level of wages Gabri is willing to settle for.

21. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Verdu is ready to move to the full squad he could perhaps fill the hole Gabri would leave, so I could see this deal getting done if the price was right.

22. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Im sure Verdu is ready hes what 23? Messi is 18 and already playing on the 1st team.The games Verdu has played in he played well i remember he scored a heck of a goal in the catalunya cup vs nastic if im not mistaken.You could tell that he is talented when he scored with such a sutile touch.

23. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I wouldn`t want Gabri to leave given his versatility but if he is unsettled and no contract extention has been offered to him, it is clear that he may be on his way out. We will see how things go. Verdu is definately talented, he is one of those players i expect to make the move up to the senior side next season.

If Gabri makes the Hammers move then he will get to play regularly which i think is what he wants.

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NattyBo mentioned to me that Wayne Bridge wants to leave Chelsea.

25. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    As goes Heinze and Evra in the same team. I see this as an opportunity to bring Heinze to Barca. Especially if Evra starts to play well. I guess they wont need bouth or one of them will eventualy want to leave. I guess Heinze is going to be our next left wing back (and he can also play as CD). Dont forget that Man Und also bought Vidic who is left footed. They have too many players there now.