Winter transfer window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    This thread is for possible winter transfers in and out of Barcelona.

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Here is the first one:

Damiais out to Racing for a year and half. He will return to Barcelona in 2007.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...&lid=10&title=Racing+to+snap+up+Barca+starlet

Shame that he didnt get more chances, But at the same time at Racing he will get much needed expiriences. He might still be in plans for Barca but quite frankly Oleguer and Belletti are in his positon right now and would play much. I think this tranfers is good for Damia.

3. Tomotle

Tomotle New Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I know it's from tribal football and I hope it doesn't happen, but you never know.

http://tribalfootball.com/december/spanishnews151205.html
    ______

Barcelona to put Deco up for sale
    tribalfootball.com - December 15, 2005

Barcelona are ready to put midfielder Deco up for sale.

Club insiders have told AS that Barca management want to make a mega signing in the summer and are preparing to sell one of their bigger names to help fund the deal.

Barca sports chief Txiki Begiristain and coach Frank Rijkaard are due to meet to discuss Deco's situation. No-one at the club doubts Deco's contribution, but with so many midfield options available to Rijkaard, management believe they can afford to sell him at the end of this season.

Barca paid £8 million for Deco two years ago from Porto, with Ricardo Quaresma going in the opposite direction. It's understood Barca will be seeking £20 million should Rijkaard agree to the player's sale.

4. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
  5. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Tribal football is very very unreliable as a source. i agree with Krazbo that Deco will never leave us not any time soon.

6. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    We will have Damia back in the future, he is still young and maturing. Good move for him. i expect him to progress on well and return to us.

7. Tomotle

Tomotle New Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Puerto Rico

I know it's unreliable, i just wanted to see what you guys though.

8. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    dont expect Barca to buy anyone, we already have too many players and we are trying to get out of debt

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HELL NO! If Deco were to be sold, Rijkaard should be FIRED. I know Eto'o and Ronaldinho get most of the spotlight/credit for Barca success, but Deco is the glue or foundation.

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to Deco, Am I the only one who thought Van Bommel was playing MUCH better than he was this year? Deco was fantastic last season, without a doubt, but I just happen to think that he is much less important to our team this year.

If his sale were to finance a move for Kompany and/or a quality left fullback, I think i'd learn to live with it. Van Bommel is coming back from injury, Iniesta is always waiting in the wings, and Santi is just dying for playing time.

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be so sure. As far as I remember, Barcelona does not usually bring back people they loan out, especially for more than a year.

12. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Deco for Essien or Lampard id rather Essien.

13. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Lampard perhaps but not Essien. Still I prefer Deco, I am not sure that we have money for Lampard. Anyway, Deco is great player, leader and gives much more to the team as can be seen. I prefer Deco to stay.

14. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    The team is doing well i do not see the need for winter transfers. we should wait till after the world cup and look at a future puyol replacement.

15. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies

deco gives away the ball too easily now but he is still valuable more so now xavi is out. a CL VICTORY may bring the cash to get kompany :D

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    defenders last until their mid 30s. if anything, a partner should be found, not a replacement.

17. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Though I hate Essien he is deffinately one of the best football players around. Lampard is awesome too.

Barca first priority is it's defense though.

18. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wish Kompany wasnt cup tied - Id really like to shore up the defense before the Chavski tie.

19. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    True, chelsea are also after him. A good catch will be Chivu, i doubt he is cup tied and also his value would not be very high given that he won`t be playing in the world cup.

We need to get him. Also great news that Larsson has opted to stay with us for another season. We will need such exprienced internationals to provide depth.

20. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we go in for Onyewu. :D

21. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Who :confused: :confused: :confused:

22. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA's huge, new defender. He plays for RSC Gent I think. Not sure that he is good enough, but he is the type of player that would be good next to Puyol. I would still WAY prefer Chivu and Kompany though.

23. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Oh, nice to know. Thanx for info :)

24. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read on skysports the other day quoting Cicinho as saying he may move away from Real Madrid right away because Lux is gone. I wouldn't mind snagging him if there's anything to that story.

25. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He plays for Standard De Leige in Belgum and if all goes well he'll be featuring in the Champions League next season :D